Generation 3 Legendary weapons crafting.

4 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Care to elabortae what collections your talking about that arent single time like for example the skyscale since it alot less work doing 1 time collection then 16-19 times weapon collections?

You're adding a limiting factor, like the other poster, which I wasn't using when I made my post.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

23 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

You're adding a limiting factor, like the other poster, which I wasn't using when I made my post.

We are talking about legendary collections tho and they only made those for the gen 1 craftable ones and 4 gen 2.

So saying they now know better and we would maybe see it with gen 3  without saying what collections have made it better then the prevous stated legendary collections is kinda odd dont you think?

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

We are talking about legendary collections tho and they only made those for the gen 1 craftable ones and 4 gen 2.

So saying they now know better and we would maybe see it with gen 3  without saying what collections have made it better then the prevous stated legendary collections is kinda odd dont you think?

And the same elements that were in the existing legendary weapon collections have been in other collections since then (the things those collections had players do are not unique to legendary weapons collections).   As I said in my post: "They've had more practice doing collections since HoT so there's a chance that the gen 3 precursors could be collections".

I'll also add that there's no reason that the collections have to be exactly like the gen 1 and first batch of gen 2 precursors.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

I have actually tried making both 2nd gen and 2,5 gen legs and my conclusion on which is more expensive and takes more time is very clear.

It's the 2,5 gen legendaries that cost most. Why? Because of the ridiculous amount of mithril and elder wood.
That's it. That's all that legendary needs including the precursor craft. There's no story, no special items you need besides the obvious.

2nd gen legendaries needed mithril and elder wood too, but also wood and metals from previous tiers, and I think the one reason people find it tedious to make, is because of the timegated materials. (which again you can also buy with gold but eh)

Imo because 2nd gen had a story attached to it, it was less tedious to make, there was a fun little variation in collection and crafting, if you were done with 1 step you'd get to do something else for step 2, instead of repeat step 1 but bigger and more expensive like gen 2,5 has.

I don't care what the collection aspect of gen 3 is going to be, I just want one to be there so I'm not endlessly stuck saving up 2 specific materials and actually have something to do inbetween the tedious farming and crafting.
Even if it's just one event randomly in the open world that I have to do to gain some 'npc's knowledge' to proceed. Hell I'd kiss a skritt if that's what it takes to have my ingame characters understand the lore behind a weapon a bit more, and to have me as a player have fun while  crafting something rewarding.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JazzXman.7018 said:

hi is it already known what achievements we need to do to get the first third gen legend precursor? they said something about icebrood saga achievements need to be done but i cant find any guide about it... greetings o/

No.  We won't know until it goes live.  They'll be brand new achievements which we'll all have to complete.

• Like 1

Specific materials are hard to guess outside the usual (obby shards, ectos, clovers, T6 mats, Gift of Battle, etc.)

What legendary weapons always have is:

1. A gift associated with exploring the relevant region and doing content involving that region.

2. The expensive money sink gift

3. A weapon-specific gift

4. A precursor weapon

Of those 4, I would say 3 and 4 offer the most flexibility on what we will have to do to obtain them. Gift 1 might be interesting or it could be standard. Gift 2 will just cost tons of mats as it always does, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see something done with mystic coins. This gift might use an alternative item. 

26 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

People need to stop expecting Anet to make them like the first Gen 2 legendaries. This isn't going to happen. They lost too many resources making content that 99% of the players won't ever touch.

We'll get them like Gen 2.5 and like it, because the alternative is nothing at all.

And if it turns out that you're wrong?  What then?  There's no more evidence to suggest that you're any more correct than those you're disagreeing with.

2 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

And if it turns out that you're wrong?  What then?  There's no more evidence to suggest that you're any more correct than those you're disagreeing with.

It is a fact that making those complicated collections for legendary weapons was the reason why it took forever to complete and was abandoned for a more streamlined release of the rest of the set.

If I end up wrong, then Anet is just repeating a proven mistake that will hurt the game overall. You could be right, because Anet has also proven that they don't learn from their mistakes.

11 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It is a fact that making those complicated collections for legendary weapons was the reason why it took forever to complete and was abandoned for a more streamlined release of the rest of the set.

If I end up wrong, then Anet is just repeating a proven mistake that will hurt the game overall. You could be right, because Anet has also proven that they don't learn from their mistakes.

You're assuming that it would be one or the other and not something entirely different. 

The gen2 precursor build felt more like a lengthy ( legendary ) quest than a grind.  I built most of the gen 1 while waiting for PoF.  They were filler content to me and as such I was glad for them. 

Not everything in gw2 is a week-long grind.  It's designed to keep people moving between maps and engaged with the game.  It had the side-effect of helping newbie players find experienced people in the early, low-population maps.