Trying to make use of the -20% European gem card promotion

I would love to buy some gem card with the European gem card code promotion, but I run into some difficulties:

1. gamecardsdirect.com is out of stock at the fist day of the promotion
  2. GameLiebe.com lets me order but seems out of stock after I ordered one gem card: Status: Nicht vorratig
  3. cdgalaxis.hu does not accept orders from outside of Hungary. (I'm from the Netherlands)
  4. key4you.cz: Ordered and awaiting delivery
  5. licente-jocuri.ro supports no PayPal/Ideal payment

I had hoped this would have been a bit easier or going a bit smoother.

Update:

1. gamecardsdirect.com got cards back in stock. I ordered and delivered after a couple of hours.
  2. GameLiebe.com Order delivered! Gem code received
  3. (unchanged)
  4. key4you.cz: Still waiting: Naskladňujeme Klíč dodáme do několika minut, maximálně hodin (We stock up We will deliver the key within a few minutes, maximum hours )
  5. (Unchanged)

Update 2: key4you.cz:  finally sent me my gem card code, 18 hours after ordering.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
Update

after i checked yesterday, all shops i was able to buy from germany where out of stock. when i checked back today,  they restocked - but to normal prices. given this promotion is meant to last til 4th of may, this is a disgrace tbh. no mention on the original announcement of limited stocks at all!

From Gameliebe website:

Current note: The promo with a 20% discount, which was originally supposed to run until May 4th, has unfortunately been terminated prematurely due to extreme demand for this product on the part of Arenanet.

So there's Anet's responsibility for stock shortage, I assume.

Edited by Andreychik.6503

• ArenaNet Staff

Thank you for bringing this up, everyone. I did some checking on this for you. This is not a "limited supply" deal, it's just that the codes sold out so quickly. We're providing additional codes to retailers as quickly as we can. I know the situation is frustrating, but we're working on it. 

As far as Gameliebe not offering the discounted price any more, I've let the team working on this know what's going on so we can see about getting it fixed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Thank you for bringing this up, everyone. I did some checking on this for you. This is not a "limited supply" deal, it's just that the codes sold out so quickly. We're providing additional codes to retailers as quickly as we can. I know the situation is frustrating, but we're working on it. 

As far as Gameliebe not offering the discounted price any more, I've let the team working on this know what's going on so we can see about getting it fixed. 

Key4you.cz is also asking normal prices now, instead of the discount price.

https://www.key4you.cz/produkt/detaily/246-guild-wars-2-2000-gem-card/

If supplies are not limited, it would be a nice gesture if the duration of the promotion would be lengthened by a day or two to give players a chance to get the gem cards they wanted while they were sold out.

11 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Thank you for checking up on it! 

GameLiebe is currently stating on their site:

Current notice: We have this product available again - Arenanet has provided us with new codes so that we can offer you the promo until May 4th as promised. 

UPDATE : We got new codes for promo price in stock - thanks to Arenanet they decided to keep their promise to run the promo till 4th of May like advertised.

They’re offering the 20% discount again, with a side of salt. 🤭 Yikes.

16 minutes ago, The Death Of Rats.7219 said:

Currency showing as Euros. Are we okay to buy these for use in the UK?  Not region locked or anything are they?

GuildWars2.com: "Get 20% Off Guild Wars 2 Gem Cards in Europe"

Cards may be locked to the European region. Not sure about that. Cards are not expected to be locked to exclusively the member countries of the European Union (EU).

Check if you can make a payment in Euro's via the payment option of your choice. I'm from the Netherlands and ordered a gem card on the Czech site, payed with Paypal which converted their CZK currency to Euro's.