Will guild wars 2 mobile game be on ios and android

2 hours ago, Davidm.2419 said:

Will guild wars 2 mobile game be on ios and android

2 minutes ago, Davidm.2419 said:

I just want to know if there will be a mobile game for guild wars 2 kind of like how there is going to be a runescape 3 mobile

These are 2 different questions.
But ok, I'll bite. There will not ba mobile version. It is not currently planned.

• Like 4

I develop mobile games. This feels like a hugely unlikely possibility 🙂 The work it would require to engineer it and then keep up with compatibility across the millions of android devices and specs, as well as OS versions for both platforms would seem like madness from an ROI point of view. Better to put that dev effort into a fully x platform GW3 maybe?

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

No it'll only be supported for Symbian on the Nokia N-Gage.

Dont you people have proper gaming phones?

3.4MB of internal memory, what a beast.

--

I don't even want to imagine trying to play GW2 on mobile. OSRS was annoying enough (people play RS3?)....I can't even measure the level of yikes it'd be on GW2.

On 5/2/2021 at 7:51 PM, Funky.4861 said:

I can't imagine trying to play gw2 on a mobile; the idea sounds terrible.

Imagine if it is polymock and the polymock pieces you are acquiring in the mobile game are tied to the minis you earn in guild wars 2 😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, flog.3485 said:

Imagine if it is polymock and the polymock pieces you are acquiring in the mobile game are tied to the minis you earn in guild wars 2 😉

Imagine if it's polymock and you need to buy, level, gear, train and flashify your minis for 1)in game currency that takes approx 100 hours of playtime for a level/skill/skin or 2) a nominal fee of 5$. Imagine if it's polymock but the game gets interrupted by ads every 5 seconds unless you purchase the "preferred customer upgrade pack" for 15$. Imagine if it's polymock but due to some deals made with other companies 3/4 of the playable characters are not related to GW2, however "Bubbletea-Bob" is meta and will cost you 5$ if you don't get the borked gift code to work. Imagine if it's polymock but instead of actually playing a game (i.e. making choices, controlling your mini, generally interacting with the media) you spend your time afk watching some cheap animations, closing ad after ad until you get that dopamine rush inducing "YOU WON/LOST" screen - rinse and repeat.

tl:dr mobile """games""" are trash content designed to sepparate people from their money, prey on sunk fallacy and addictive personalities to make the most bucks for a minimum amount of effort. The skin you slap on it changes nothing.

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Thanks 1