Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Hoping next expac will have "unending" endgame (and housing)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I have never seen the appeal in housing. But maybe that's just me.

Y'all have never actually seen how dedicated mmo housing communities are,  and it shows lmao.  The creative outlet that good housing systems allow is a huuuuuuuuge draw to a sizable chunk of the live-

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. I've played many games with dedicated player housing systems and they all break down into three groups of players. 1. A Small dedicated minority who enjoy and

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

@Shaogin.2679 Nobody is "hating" on anything, just stop trying to claim it's somehow needed as if that's the main content/pull for massive group of players. It's not. It's a vanity content, it's "something", but it's not "long overdue" or "greatly needed". So stop trying to paint it this way and instead start saying that you'd like to see it. It's perfectly fine for some players to want to see it, but people like OP are just making from it much bigger deal than it really is for the sake of pushing their opinion as the prevailing one.

 

 

Sure. It's as "silly" as people like you or OP trying to claim "there's no reason not to add it". Literally works the same both ways, so stop pretending you know something that others don't. If it's not ok to say "it might take too much resources with not enough pay off" then it's not ok to say "there's no reason not to do it" (on top of pretending it's "long overdue and greatly needed" -no, it's not. You can still want it tho).

Did you even take the time to read my post or did you just glance through it? If you did read it, you'd see that I stated that it isn't necessary for the survival of the game but it is a feature I would like to see. And people are 100% hating on it and dismissing it for no other reason than it being something they aren't interested in. And again, using "resources" as an argument is silly because it is based on nothing but pure speculation and is always the go to argument whenever someone doesn't like a particular idea. I never stated "there is no reason not to add housing". I do not know of such a reason though, which is why I asked those that oppose it.

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

This is not how housing systems in MMOs work.

Developers do not simply offer the player some form of instance and sell them furniture or make them grind for it then call it a day.

The reason why is that represents value to only a very small number of players.

MMO developers understand this.
 

Housing systems in MMOs always start with "how do we make the player use this?".

A good example is the previous one of Black Desert Online. The developers of BDO know full well that a completely optional "decorations only" system will never be anything but a niche feature. With that knowledge in hand, they tie other systems to it. Suddenly it becomes central to the crafting systems and the lifeskilling systems. Buffs from housing for PvPers and Open World Grinders  lose any pretense of being optional in a game where a 5% drop rate bonus, or a 2% Evasion Rate buff becomes the difference between success and failure.


Developers have to make the housing system a valuable part of player progression so that the majority of players will use it and THEN they can start selling cosmetics and value adds and gemstore buffs and shinies.

Only when a significant number of players see value in the system and are engaging with it can you start to generate income with microtransactions.

 

It is not the same as the visual progression of a player's character(s) because this progression (the need to "flex" that drives players to the cash shop for armor skins with particles, or retinal burn inducing mounts) cannot be openly displayed in player hubs.

That player wanting to show off will gladly pay RL cash for one of the current portable chairs from the gemstore because they can assign it to a hotkey and show it off anywhere they want.

They are not going to pay for that chair to remain hidden away in a private instance that you need to be invited to.

You seem really fixated on BDO. Is that the worst case of player housing you can think of so you decided to run with it? Have you ever played ESO? What you say can't be done has already been done.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Mounts are just as unnecessary as housing. All that development time so we could move around fast and make 80% of previous content trivial and easy.

That's straight up false, mounts very clearly have more utility and are more impactful in regards of what you can do throughout the available content than some silly vanity housing.

Not sure what you want to achieve by making up these lies for the sake of claiming "it's just like that other thing!" -no, it's not.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's straight up false, mounts very clearly have more utility and are more impactful in regards of what you can do throughout the available content than some silly vanity housing.

Not sure what you want to achieve by making up these lies for the sake of claiming "it's just like that other thing!" -no, it's not.

Not sure how long you've been around, but these arguments you see against housing were the exact same ones used against mounts before they came out. People argued that mounts were pointless in this game because we have waypoints and swiftness and what not, and that it would be a waste of resources and players that want it should go play games that have it. Now we have the greatest implementation of mounts in any mmo ever, and all those haters are hiding in the shadows pretending they wanted mounts all along.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Malitias.8453 said:

The "new" thing is that it's a place where you have all these things under one roof. Literally.

 

So they can just add it to current home instance OR EotN OR lounge. Or all of those.

 

1 hour ago, Malitias.8453 said:

It's about adding convenience and combining it with player expression

So it's strictly about vanity purposes, even less of a reason to claim it's greatly needed, gamechanging, long over due and whatnot. I'm not sure I'm the one missing the point here. You're trying to make it seem as if it would be such a huge deal for the game, but it's not. Most of what you describe is already available in the game, mostly in same places. Adding a training golem to eotn or home instance is incombarably easier than designing a whole new fully customizable area. You're free to want "housing beacuse i need to put that thing in another corner", but stop painting it as something utterly important for the game and majority of players, because it's not.

 

In case you STILL somehow missing it, despite me already spelling it out before: I'm not against anyone just liking/wanting housing. I'm against those people that are trying to paint at as much more than it really is.

 

1 hour ago, Malitias.8453 said:

Arguing about their ressources is silly, because we neither have the insight to know how much money they have nor how much time it would take to implement it.

So... literally what I said? Ok.

 

1 hour ago, Malitias.8453 said:

What we CAN argue about is if it's a priority and how high/low we think that priority is relative to other things that need to be addressed.

 

It has no actual impact on the game, so it's far from being high priority. It's a doll house that -if we assume it'll do as many things as some people here claim it should/could- directly competes against things like launge passes or current open player hubs.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Did you even take the time to read my post or did you just glance through it? If you did read it, you'd see that I stated that it isn't necessary for the survival of the game but it is a feature I would like to see. And people are 100% hating on it and dismissing it for no other reason than it being something they aren't interested in. And again, using "resources" as an argument is silly because it is based on nothing but pure speculation and is always the go to argument whenever someone doesn't like a particular idea. I never stated "there is no reason not to add housing". I do not know of such a reason though, which is why I asked those that oppose it.

You seem really fixated on BDO. Is that the worst case of player housing you can think of so you decided to run with it? Have you ever played ESO? What you say can't be done has already been done.

I have not played ESO specifically and I am not pointing to BDO as being the worst case scenario. Star Wars: the Old Republic's system (as one example) is far worse for many reasons.
I point to BDO's for it's obvious simplistic hooks that are easily described.
I have however played many MMOs with housing systems. From top of the line systems like Wildstar's, to objectively poor systems like SWTOR's Strongholds, all of these systems recognized that it is essential to give the player a reason to interact with the system beyond some vapid form of self expression.

All of them realize that in order for the majority of players to interact with these systems they must offer the player a reason beyond decorating. All of them tie some form of player progression on QoL or buffs into them.

Every single one.

And yet this thread is repeatedly filled with sheeple saying over and over again "all Anet needs to do is sell furniture and they will make a ton of money!!!"

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 9:40 AM, Roda.7468 said:

Y'all have never actually seen how dedicated mmo housing communities are,  and it shows lmao.  The creative outlet that good housing systems allow is a huuuuuuuuge draw to a sizable chunk of the live-game audience. And it's one of the two systems (the other being xiv's gpose) that I think gw2 could benefit the most from.

The only type of housing system I've personally found appealing has been the ones like in RS/OSRS. It was appealing because at high levels (and with a moderate to large amount of gold spent) it offered features that were a huge quality of life boost during general gameplay. Without it making things outside the house so much better, I would have never built it.

 

The wealth barrier behind a lot of those items would mean that a large majority of the community didn't have them - or had less upgraded versions as they're less expensive. I guess that works toward your "unending endgame" in a sense...although I'm not sure how interesting it'd be playing just so you can upgrade your bookshelf in your player owned house.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

I have not played ESO specifically and I am not pointing to BDO as being the worst case scenario. Star Wars: the Old Republic's system (as one example) is far worse for many reasons.
I point to BDO's for it's obvious simplistic hooks that are easily described.
I have however played many MMOs with housing systems. From top of the line systems like Wildstar's, to objectively poor systems like SWTOR's Strongholds, all of these systems recognized that it is essential to give the player a reason to interact with the system beyond some vapid form of self expression.

All of them realize that in order for the majority of players to interact with these systems they must offer the player a reason beyond decorating. All of them tie some form of player progression on QoL or buffs into them.

Every single one.

And yet this thread is repeatedly filled with sheeple saying over and over again "all Anet needs to do is sell furniture and they will make a ton of money!!!"

Well that is how ESO works. You can throw some crafting stations and target dummies in there and you can invite people over and guild members and freely enter and explore your house if you allow it. The ESO crown store sells a lot of housing locations and items, and you can earn them in game as well. When I was getting bored of ESO and asked around as to what there is to do at end game, many players all suggested housing as one of the popular end game grinds. I've never played ffxiv, but my guild members that do play it seem to be in love with that as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Did you even take the time to read my post or did you just glance through it? If you did read it, you'd see that I stated that it isn't necessary for the survival of the game but it is a feature I would like to see.

That's sure not what your "love it or hate it" paragraph says and pivoting into "well just personally" doesn't suddenly delete everything you wrote before.

And if you understood what I wrote, I already said I have no problem with someone just wanting/liking housing, so it should be clear which parts of your -and not just yours- post are targeted in my response.

 

Quote

And people are 100% hating on it and dismissing it for no other reason than it being something they aren't interested in. And again, using "resources" as an argument is silly because it is based on nothing but pure speculation and is always the go to argument whenever someone doesn't like a particular idea. I never stated "there is no reason not to add housing". I do not know of such a reason though, which is why I asked those that oppose it.

Who's "100% hating on it"? Just because they have different opinion than you, it's suddenly hating? Try using better fitting words for what you try to convey, currently it just looks like you're poorly targetted by those awful haters for the sake of disliking your opinion. That's not the case though.

But.. now stop hating on me for disagreeing about housing being meaningful content, I guess.

 

As for "I did not write it", look through the thread and you'll find those posts. If you know they are here then not sure why you disregard them in your post (other then pretending only one side makes those claims, while it's simply an answer to the previous "there's no reason not to" claim).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 9:19 PM, mindcircus.1506 said:

Actually you specifically referenced BDO's system as a way for Anet to make money.

You called it  a "great source of income for the devs so the game can keep going with perhaps a bigger staff".

 

Let's be clear about the gameplay loop that involves Player Housing in BDO and how it makes money for Pearl Abyss.

My bed, for example, is a way to recover energy that is spent on lifeskilling. When I gather resources like chopping wood or using a hoe to gather herbs, I spend energy. If I run out of energy I can't gather any more. Realistically speaking, after playing the game hard for a month I can gather for about 20 mins before that energy runs out.

One of the most efficient ways to recover energy is to basically leave the game up with my player sleeping in a bed. The bed of course requires a house for it.

The energy recovery in a Cash Shop bed is MUCH higher than the Energy Recovered in a Vendor Purchased or player crafted one. So much higher that in fact if I am not purely AFKing to recover, the only logical way for me, as a player to overcome this barrier is to fork over RL cash for a bed.
Want to change the type of flooring?

Cash Shop

Want to change the wallpaper?

Cash Shop.

 

This idea you floated that all a developer needs to do is put some pretty chairs in the cash shop and make enough money to "keep the game going with a bigger staff" is absolute hogwash. Black Desert Online proves this out. The only way a developer monetizes a system like player housing is with hurdles for the player to overcome that have microtransaction solutions.

This kind of genuinely predatory development behaviour is the kind of thing I avoid by playing Guild Wars 2. I would be very upset to see this game follow Pearl Abyss' lead in this regard.

Oh, the struggles of a lifeskill scrub. Get some Manos gear, or maybe even TRI Loggia, and 400+ energy (serious lifeskillers have in excess of 500 or 600) on multiple characters. I can already hear you saying, "but... but... I can't grind to Artisan+ gathering on multiple chars!", which is fair. So just do the big brain thing and convert non-lifeskill alts' energy into energy pots at Alustin. And while mastery of course doesn't directly help with 0-energy-consumption procs, it certainly boosts the volume that you gather per swing, thereby making you earn far more per energy. If you don't have enough loyalty-bought (i.e. totally free) character slots, people actually sell energy pots on the market. The sleeping thing just demonstrates a lack of commitment about even the basics of making use of your account to do some entry-level lifeskilling.

 

Your closing points about predatory cash shop in BDO, however, I can agree with. PA (for those of you unfamiliar, that's Pearl Abyss, the developers/publishers of BDO) most certainly knows that players who stick with their game find aesthetics deeply important, and PA finds ways to lock almost all forms of being pretty behind the paywall. It's no coincidence that the BiS upper body armor is hideous and covers all the rest of your armor, from head to toe. It's a hilariously transparent move by PA to force people into investing in cosmetics if you want to stick around for endgame, which either you need to pay for directly with your own RL money, or someone else needs to buy with RL money then list on the player market for in-game silver.

 

I would, however, note that most of the predatory nature of BDO's cash shop very distinctly has little to do with player housing. Sure, they have some pricey and pretty furniture sets in there, but extensive use of the player home for lifeskilling is indeed optional. There are a ton of people who just don't get into it, and they can still get by just fine. As for decoration buffs, many of the worthwhile ones come from decorations that are dropped or crafted from drops. The real predation comes from creating problems and selling the solution, such as inventory slots and inventory weight. Not having enough of either seriously hinders your ability to efficiently grind, which is the single most essential element of BDO gameplay. The noticeably ugly BiS armor is another created problem with a RL money solution. Seriously, that thing is even uglier than beginner gear you're expected to throw away very shortly. These latter things are predatory to me because they demonstrate that PA knows quite well what makes people play their game, and they then exploit it for money. The housing stuff is much less predatory, because while it's tangentially related to the whole "I play BDO because it's pretty" concept, housing is very peripheral to overall gameplay compared to the other efficiency and cosmetic things in the shop.

 

Ultimately I have confidence that should ANet decide to implement housing, they'd likely do it in a manner far less predatory and far more optional/cosmetic-only than in BDO. That said, I no longer want to see this feature included in GW2 while ANet clearly should have other development priorities.  I used to really want player housing, but then I captured a solo guild hall and have been using that to scratch the "my character actually lives here and is not a murder hobo" itch. If anyone has a spare guild slot, I highly recommend doing the same. Just visit or find the guild hall you'd like, read up a bit on the fight to claim it, then hire a few helpful souls from Lion's Arch to help you claim it. I hired 4 people at 10g each (I gave them a total of 20g at the end), which is far more than you probably need to pay. I remember helping a stranger claim theirs for 5g in 2018. While scribing can be a bit clunky, I was surprised at how gratifying (and feasible) it is to level up and decorate a solo guild hall at a casual pace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Not sure how long you've been around, but these arguments you see against housing were the exact same ones used against mounts before they came out. People argued that mounts were pointless in this game because we have waypoints and swiftness and what not, and that it would be a waste of resources and players that want it should go play games that have it. Now we have the greatest implementation of mounts in any mmo ever, and all those haters are hiding in the shadows pretending they wanted mounts all along.

This is completely irrelevant to what I wrote, not sure why you're quoting me to respond with... this.

If you have some great gamechanging ideas that impact overal state of the game then maybe you should start dishing them out. Otherwise you've just wrote... nothing.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's sure not what your "love it or hate it" paragraph says and pivoting into "well just personally" doesn't suddenly delete everything you wrote before.

And if you understood what I wrote, I already said I have no problem with someone just wanting/liking housing, so it should be clear which parts of your -and not just yours- post are targeted in my response.

 

Who's "100% hating on it"? Just because they have different opinion than you, it's suddenly hating? Try using better fitting words for what you try to convey, currently it just looks like you're poorly targetted by those awful haters for the sake of disliking your opinion. That's not the case though.

But.. now stop hating on me for disagreeing about housing being meaningful content, I guess.

Feel free to go back and quote exactly where I said housing was necessary for the survival of this game. Also, you quoted and directly replied to me. I'm not going to go back and research all of your posts to get your life story. If you don't like my word choice then that is on you, but my posts have been far more coherent and logical than what I have seen in much of this thread. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

This is completely irrelevant to what I wrote, not sure why you're quoting me to respond with... this.

If you have some great gamechanging ideas that impact overal state of the game then maybe you should start dishing them out. Otherwise you've just wrote... nothing.

It is reference to the post you replied to. All of this seems to be going over your head though.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Feel free to go back and quote exactly where I said housing was necessary for the survival of this game. Also, you quoted and directly replied to me. I'm not going to go back and research all of your posts to get your life story. If you don't like my word choice then that is on you, but my posts have been far more coherent and logical than what I have seen in much of this thread. 

I don't care if you refuse to take context into consuderation. Nothing you've ended your post with somehow erased what you wrote before and what you wrote before is pretty clear. If that's all, feel free to stop quoting me and then not responding to my posts, thanks.

 

6 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

It is reference to the post you replied to. All of this seems to be going over your head though.

 

Sure, apparantly the huge reference here is  "well you wrote something about mounts, soo...!" (which btw was an answer to another post randomly bringing it up with a failed inadequate comparison).

Now feel free to list your gamechanging ideas with housing ,because moving furniture is not that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Oh, the struggles of a lifeskill scrub. Get some Manos gear, or maybe even TRI Loggia, and 400+ energy (serious lifeskillers have in excess of 500 or 600) on multiple characters. I can already hear you saying, "but... but... I can't grind to Artisan+ gathering on multiple chars!", which is fair. So just do the big brain thing and convert non-lifeskill alts' energy into energy pots at Alustin. And while mastery of course doesn't directly help with 0-energy-consumption procs, it certainly boosts the volume that you gather per swing, thereby making you earn far more per energy. If you don't have enough loyalty-bought (i.e. totally free) character slots, people actually sell energy pots on the market. The sleeping thing just demonstrates a lack of commitment about even the basics of making use of your account to do some entry-level lifeskilling.

While I don't get into a "my lifeskills are bigger than yours" contest, just to give perspective that in a month and a half from a fresh start in BDO I did manage to get Gathering and Alchemy both up to Artisan. I did/do have the Loggia gear at least TRI, with a Manos Hoe, Fluid Extractor and Axe and was using one Alt to convert spare energy into pots. I did purchase a free toon slot via loyalties.
Purchasing a home with a bed in Behr was still essential to levelling up my Hoe Gathering in a timely manner. I think you might be overlooking the new player experience. 400-500 energy is simply not feasible for a player a month in while still doing other things in the game like enjoying it's combat and exploring it's world. Painting this as a lack of commitment to levelling it up is not something I would agree with. I was neck deep in Evildousharm's vids constantly and spared no expense. I think 200 enegy a month into the game is a decent number.
I don't still think time gating herb gathering for a new player in 20 minute chunks but offering a microtransaction solution is fun.

Just me I suppose.

26 minutes ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

Ultimately I have confidence that should ANet decide to implement housing, they'd likely do it in a manner far less predatory and far more optional/cosmetic-only than in BDO.

Before Build Templates I might have agreed.

Edited by mindcircus.1506
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So they can just add it to current home instance OR EotN OR lounge. Or all of those.

Home instance, yes, the rest, no. Stop ignoring half of what I say:

2 hours ago, Malitias.8453 said:

You can't customize EotN in a free-form way and the same goes for the Lounge.

 

 

 

23 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So it's strictly about vanity purposes, even less of a reason to claim it's greatly needed, gamechanging, long over due and whatnot

Vanity AND convenience. Again, stop ignoring half of what I say

 

41 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You're trying to make it seem as if it would be such a huge deal for the game, but it's not

That's how you interpret literally everyone simply saying "housing is a feature I'd like to see".
And again you say "it's not". It's not for you. For other people it is.
And I NEVER said how much of a deal it is to me. It's something I'd like to see and depending on the implementation can see myself enjoying. Now you interpret this as "Ohmygaud housing the moooost important thing evaaaaah".
And it's not what I say and DEFINETELY not what I mean.

 

29 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So... literally what I said? Ok.

Apart from the hypocritical part where you just claimed the opposite to be true, yes.

 

27 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It has no actual impact on the game, so it's far from being high priority.

Then neither do all other convenience and vanity items in the game, because skins have no "actual impact" as well.

 

31 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's a doll house that -if we assume it'll do as many things as some people here claim it should/could- directly competes against things like launge passes or current open player hubs.

You immediately go and contradict yourself with this, but oh well..
Yes, it directly competes with these things, because it could render them obsolete.
My reason for housing is that it's a much better version of it, which also offers people a creative outlet and can even be integrated into the economy as well.


So just to make it clear, because people seem to misinterpret a lot of things:
Yes, I want to see housing.
It's NOT the top priority to me at this moment. (PvP improvements and more challenging content being added to the open world are. Not sure in which order though)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I always fancied guild halls as being a possible type of player housing, but the grind for a small guild is just impossible. Player housing would be a neat feature to have for a soloist to upgrade with various cosmetic items.

 

The monetization would be fine - the items would be purely cosmetic, no need to drag in horror stories from other games as we know ANet has a good track record of making the game fair for everyone. Furthermore, the development resources aren't really an issue for players to chime in on. It's rather rude to bomb someone's suggestion with "b-b-but op-kun's suggestion will t-take away from MY favourite thing! B-baka!". It's not for players to tell one another what's worth the developer's time. Everyone's ideas deserve to be heard and the developers use whatever telemetry they have to prioritize.

 

That was more of a rant than it should have been, oh well. I like your idea OP and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

Home instance, yes, the rest, no. Stop ignoring half of what I say:

 

I'm not "ignoring half of what you say", context matters and this is where it started:

Seeing how you've listed things like portals/dummies/bank access/vendors/crafting stations it looked to me you were trying to come up with something more meaningful than mere "MOVE IT TO ANOTHER CORNER!", hence the response holding in mind previous posts, not just half of a sentence of a last one.
 

19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

Vanity AND convenience. Again, stop ignoring half of what I say

 

Oh so this is what we're doing now?

Ok: stop ignoring context of the previous responses -not only mine, but also your own.

 

19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

That's how you interpret literally everyone simply saying "housing is a feature I'd like to see".

No, it literally isn't, stop lying about what I think, thanks.

 

19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

And again you say "it's not". It's not for you. For other people it is.

For limited people, sure, but anything and everything can be a "huge deal" for someone. Seems pretty obvious and still irrelevant, because I never said it can't be a big deal for anyone, if anything I acknowledged the opposite and I said I'm fine with that as long as they stop trying to repaint it into something it's not jsut to push their own idea. Literally already wrote about that, so stop ignoring my posts if you plan to respond to them.

 

19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

And I NEVER said how much of a deal it is to me.

That's great, then apparently that part isn't exactly directed at you. Reread this thread from the top if you don't understand what I was talking about, it seems pretty clear about what type of posts it was about.

 

19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

It's something I'd like to see and depending on the implementation can see myself enjoying. Now you interpret this as "Ohmygaud housing the moooost important thing evaaaaah".

And it's not what I say and DEFINETELY not what I mean.

Again: no, that's not what I did, reread above. And my previous posts. And maybe the whole thread. w/e

 

19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

You immediately go and contradict yourself with this, but oh well..

No, I don't. There are more than one implementations of it. One is vanity, the other directly competes with something that's already sold on the gemstore.

 

19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

Yes, it directly competes with these things, because it could render them obsolete.

Soo... you agree it's not the best idea to do it? Ok.

 

19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

My reason for housing is that it's a much better version of it, which also offers people a creative outlet and can even be integrated into the economy as well.

Cool, good for you.

I don't think it's worth the time and effort.

 

19 minutes ago, Malitias.8453 said:

So just to make it clear, because people seem to misinterpret a lot of things:
Yes, I want to see housing.
It's NOT the top priority to me at this moment. (PvP improvements and more challenging content being added to the open world are. Not sure in which order though)

Yup. I'd have no problem if that's the way OP and some of the other people put it instead of... you know.

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:
Quote

That's how you interpret literally everyone simply saying "housing is a feature I'd like to see".

No, it literally isn't, stop lying about what I think, thanks.

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You're trying to make it seem as if it would be such a huge deal for the game, but it's not.

Call me a liar again.

You obviously don't want to make sense. I'm done here.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Malitias.8453 said:

 

Call me a liar again.

You obviously don't want to make sense. I'm done here.

Are you always using yourself interchangably with "literally everyone"? (well, if you insist: liar)

 

If you claim that moving furniture around is a huge difference then it's hilarious. If you don't, then not sure why you tried bringing it up as that key difference between what we already have in the game and what you want in housing. And my answer you've quoted wasn't directed at anything like "housing is a feature I'd like to see", so it does nothing for your previous false claim (also known as a "lie").

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 6:36 PM, LucianDK.8615 said:

Housing is fake content that is just a waste of dev resources, it will never be a grand thing to sell a new expack. Doubly so in this covid era. Look at the sharply declining quality of the icebrood saga that clearly suffered because of a need to prep the next expack with their limited resources.

Housing prices are going up right now, so it would be a good time for A-Net to start selling them... But still, I don't need housing in gw2. There are bigger problems being largely ignored. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also hoping for long lasting endgame content that is not just grinding for materials for legendaries.
They could do it in so many ways, I hope they are smart enough to make it work.
Also housing in the shape of what ESO has would be great. I would be ok with paying for huge houses.
Since we already have some furnishing from the guild decoration system it shouldn't be that hard to make it work...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like housing IF Anet

 

- made the entire world seamless and open without loading screens (and if they could I'd argue to remove all waypoints except for hubs)

- gave all zones housing areas where you could build - in the same fashion you can in ArcheAge MINUS the land grab issue; e.g some sort of phasing mechanism to let you see the housing area "instance" within a map where your house is

- housing in the sense you bought/built a house from a selection of designs, skinnable, expandable, both with function and form, to allow for new aspects of horizontal progression and whatever they could think of to avoid a fully built house becomes a stale, "accomplished" feat and never visited again.

 

None of this is going to happen 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ArenaNet Staff

Everyone, talk about game features you'd like to see is fine. Attacking someone because they enjoy a game differently from you is not. The topic can continue, but please remember that this should be a conversation and not an attempt to defeat other people's ideas.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...