Ok I give up!

You love boons anet!

You want the boon balls!

The guilds also want boon balls to carry them!

You nerfed Scourge constantly!

You nerfed Warrior constantly!

You nerfed Mesmer constantly!

All my boon strip classes are taken cared of! I get it! don't touch kitten boons!

You nerfed torment!

All my condition classes also taken cared of!

You nerfed resistance to a more widely available resolution/retaliation, oh yeah and confusion converts to retaliation/resolution so double whammy mesmers!

But thanks for the ambush update on my one legged I mean one dodge mirage!

You buffed Firebrand again! Much love guys you only need 5 of yous in fractals now, forget the 8 classes 26 other specs out there!

You buffed Scrapper again! Much love guys you really needed more boons!

You love support! in game that wasn't built for support classes in the first place!

Guilds love support! Now they don't have to go around potholes on the ground!

No problem come patch day I'll bring my .support ..........! Naaah! I'm gonna keep my minstrel scrapper and tempest in cold storage, way more than enough in the game as it is.

Come patch day I'm bringing back my poison thief and shortbow 4 into zergs to get my unblockable tags and then wait in a corner in stealth for the boon balls to kill each other, profit!

With the option to turn into the best gank class with a push of a button! /fistpump!

Heck I think I'll bring my burnhunter out of storage too, everyone wants boons so have some aegis on the house from me!

Wait! but you should be a team player! don't use burn on them! sorry.... not sorry anymore! 

I give up on trying to help stop the boon ball, I'm close to leaving the game again, every night I listen to the boon balls bragging about running over pugs, crying over no content, wondering why pug groups run away, while anet pveing and trying to keep the 10% raiders happy! Just have to laugh about it now. Think I'll just wait it out till the expansion news and see how much more you're going to screw up wvw.  Why does wvw have to be mistreated so much...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

It is indeed problematic. They should be applied for "momentary immediate application", not stick on you like flies on you-know-what. I understand they want to give help to the less skilled player, but this is way under the bar it's in the negatives. Fixed duration, no stacking, and new application overwrites old duration like with superspeed. At the current way things are, I don't think it is possible because a lot of things in the game depend on it now, like in pve etc.

• Like 2

I still get a good laugh at smaller guilds trying to crack these balls, first they try to stealth into the middle of them, I mean do they honestly think they're gonna show up in the middle of that pack and they instantly fall over? well someone falls but I'm not sure they thought it would be them I guess.... they stand in the middle of them and get bombed to death. Going head to head without your own super sustain is super stupid. Then they take their tag off cause you know it was the "pugs" that screwed up the stealth which is why the plan fall apart! then they lose again tagless and leave map, you know to let things "cool down".

Boons are such a mess in wvw, they should have never ever allowed it to be recycled so easily. If you want a boon you produce it yourself. The support in this game is way overboard and boon production should have been spread out over classes, not one or two producing most of it. But hey, game is about pve, who cares about this stuff, just bring bigger and faster damage for all they care.

So whatever, tag and bag is the future, the booners can fight it out while they continue to wonder why we losing more players and pugmanders.

• Like 2

so there is many ways not care boons, nerfs and etc:

1)always have more people than opponent

2)avoid fair fight

3)jump on other board more and use non prime time and not prime days for jump on board to get dominant count

and many others.

So in that way you can not care bout yours problems, and convert problems for profit.

Also you need change class to any that look more good for you. And ofc still keep wvw rule nr 1

7 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I still get a good laugh at smaller guilds trying to crack these balls, first they try to stealth into the middle of them, I mean do they honestly think they're gonna show up in the middle of that pack and they instantly fall over? well someone falls but I'm not sure they thought it would be them I guess.... they stand in the middle of them and get bombed to death. Going head to head without your own super sustain is super stupid. Then they take their tag off cause you know it was the "pugs" that screwed up the stealth which is why the plan fall apart! then they lose again tagless and leave map, you know to let things "cool down".

Boons are such a mess in wvw, they should have never ever allowed it to be recycled so easily. If you want a boon you produce it yourself. The support in this game is way overboard and boon production should have been spread out over classes, not one or two producing most of it. But hey, game is about pve, who cares about this stuff, just bring bigger and faster damage for all they care.

So whatever, tag and bag is the future, the booners can fight it out while they continue to wonder why we losing more players and pugmanders.

U never played against XV on Dzago it seems. As far as i hate them, they like to portal bomb with their 25ppl full squads and killing half of them because boons like stability is not up 100% of the time. 

It doesn't work always, especially if the squad knows they are near and waiting for a chance. 

Edited by phreeak.1023

3 hours ago, lare.5129 said:

so there is many ways not care boons, nerfs and etc:

1)always have more people than opponent

I actually had someone tell me that this is a "legit" way to win in WvW (during a discussion about lack of skill). 

16 hours ago, DemonSeed.3528 said:

It is indeed problematic. They should be applied for "momentary immediate application", not stick on you like flies on you-know-what. I understand they want to give help to the less skilled player, but this is way under the bar it's in the negatives. Fixed duration, no stacking, and new application overwrites old duration like with superspeed. At the current way things are, I don't think it is possible because a lot of things in the game depend on it now, like in pve etc.

Hm, but if boons don't stick to you like flies, but conditions do, how exactly is this going to work?

I mean, even in the current meta, you can easily end up immobilized already, crippled, chilled, stunned and dazed, locked out of action. This can happen due to a size difference in zergs as low as 5 people (15 vs 20 for example), or because if a slight difference in composition or performance (the latter probably the most acceptable, considering this is a competitive gamemode - no matter what other ppl say regarding the competitiveness).

So if you want to get rid of boons and boon-reapplication, we obviously have to get rid of conditions, too. And wouldn't the end result be rather boring?

If you have problems with enemy boons, maybe your zerg group needs to coordinate their strips and corrupts better. Despite the "boonball" cries, I see enemy or own groups falter, often instantly or within short moments. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nthmetal.9652 said:

If you have problems with enemy boons, maybe your zerg group needs to coordinate their strips and corrupts better. Despite the "boonball" cries, I see enemy or own groups falter, often instantly or within short moments. 

So let me ask you this, why does the enemy have to coordinate much more boon strips when the group running massive support doesn't? It comes down to this you either have more than half your squad running support of guards and scrappers, or run an extreme amount of scourge and warriors, with the latter group of classes having been nerfed a number of times over the years. 

Last night a group 45+ was running with over 20 support classes of firebrands and scrappers, and only 5 spellbreakers/scourge and yet ran over everything. Funny, how in the beginning of PoF everyone complained about seeing squads of mostly firebrands and scourges, and spellbreaker bubbles lining up the fields of combat, but yet now it's a-ok for a squad to dedicate more than half their numbers to firebrand and scrapper while the enemy is still expected to run the nerfed classes to combat that?

Ok, sorry but it's not going to work that way, every commander is going to prefer to run as much support as possible in their squad not boon strippers, because a group is much more powerful in that setup, the more support and numbers you run the harder it is to overcome, outlasting your opponent is all you ever need to do. It'll even be an interesting test to see how many can convert to celestial from minstrel in these groups to give them even more damage while their support still holds, they lose retaliation damage but maybe celestial will make up for it.

But it is what it is, people want the boon ball, they want to run over people without hinderance or challenge, so be it.

Tired of going against the tide, tired of seeing my classes nerfed to uselessness. Tag and bag (of popcorn) time.

6 hours ago, phreeak.1023 said:

U never played against XV on Dzago it seems. As far as i hate them, they like to portal bomb with their 25ppl full squads and killing half of them because boons like stability is not up 100% of the time. 

It doesn't work always, especially if the squad knows they are near and waiting for a chance. 

That's nice, I don't play EU, and in NA there isn't much portal bombing happening anymore, because they fail most of the time, too many tells. I did fall for one following a group a week ago, the mesmer did a good job placing it where it wouldn't be seen in garrison lords room and their zerg came through stealth, but I was distracted fighting a solo and had no stun breakers up at the time, but like I said too many tells usually, sniff, lag, sound, they don't completely hide before doing it, dark purple thing on the ground.... But hey if it works for them, props to them.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 8:06 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

So let me ask you this, why does the enemy have to coordinate much more boon strips when the group running massive support doesn't? It comes down to this you either have more than half your squad running support of guards and scrappers, or run an extreme amount of scourge and warriors, with the latter group of classes having been nerfed a number of times over the years. 

Well, it's not happened on my server's way up to T1. The groups I play in actually has to coordinate their support, too, so that it's there in pushes. And if not, you're very quickly very dead. It's not like the boons - especially the important boons like stability, resistance, quickness, possibly even alacrity are there 24/7. Sure, might and fury are not an issue, swiftness is there, nice, but it's unlikely that these are gonna win you the fight. Missing stab however is easily going to lose you the fight.

Last night a group 45+ was running with over 20 support classes of firebrands and scrappers, and only 5 spellbreakers/scourge and yet ran over everything. Funny, how in the beginning of PoF everyone complained about seeing squads of mostly firebrands and scourges, and spellbreaker bubbles lining up the fields of combat, but yet now it's a-ok for a squad to dedicate more than half their numbers to firebrand and scrapper while the enemy is still expected to run the nerfed classes to combat that?

Well I agree on that. You need a lot of Firebreands and Scrappers. Without FB you lack the stab, without scrappers you lack the cleanses. But the fact that you need so many of them doesn't tell us, that the boons are so strong. The scrappers counter conditions, which are otherwise highly problematic, not so much in terms of damage currently, but chill, cripple, immobilize - they offer control effects. Also having 25 vulnerabilty stuck on you is gonna get you killed pretty fast.

What is really problematic is, that you can't act without an FB! It's not that the boonball is so strong, it's that you're often locked out of action completely, if you don't have the support. We have to look deeper to deal with the problem.

I'd say the biggest problem is, that in zergs, Firebrands and scrappers are so essential, as well as Scourges, that you need a lot of them. Without altering the whole setup of conditions and boons that will be hard to treat.

But how about this as an idea: Buff stability or generally certain boons and protective effects, but alter the way in which they stack, so that bringing quite as many boon classes is no longer necessary, it will add no benefit anymore?

Either that or give more essential boons in more reliable ways to professions, who really need them. That one or two stack stab of stab you can get as a warrior, who basically HAS to go into melee to do anything? It's not gonna do anything, as any warrior whose firebrand died for arbitrary reasons can attest. The burstcleanse you have available is not going to save you, so you need someone else to do that for you.

And who does that? Professions stuck into the "support" corner. Who also give out other boons.

Ok, sorry but it's not going to work that way, every commander is going to prefer to run as much support as possible in their squad not boon strippers, because a group is much more powerful in that setup, [...]

I'm cutting the irrelevant stuff here, because this really isn't about what people like. It's the fact that if you do not do it, you simply cannot act. It's not like you're fighting at a lower efficiency, no you're not fighting at all. The CC / immob / chillbomb is just gonna get you, and yet get ded without getting anything out.

And to add insult to injury, the game doesn't count that kind of thing even as participating.