Thank you for Quickness

Pablo.3259

Hello, Im a main healer engi ,

- I have. 2 253hours on my healing engi. I've seen my gameplay changed a lot this last years with all the game changes.

I want to give my opinion about the new AOE quickness discussion, but before ;

My experience

- For WvW, I'm cleansing and I need to focus on cleansing  and tbh there is no much room for healing. I enjoy it because we are needed.

- Raid wise I managed to be a good raid healer. But raider don't want good they want the best. The only way I could consistently find raids was to create my own guild. That was painful and a lot time wasted.

-Fractals ? My gameplay revolve around writing that Im a healer engi. Beacause if I don't do the disclaimer, I'll just be kicked. Even out of my own groups ! Lastly I was kicked out of my last Siren Reef run to be swaped for a firebrand. I would get wishper, often that my class is bad because I don't give quickness. Altought some people are polite, they'll just swap to firebrand even if there is 2 healers, without even asking the team opinion.

This is my everyday game experience.

It's exhausting that my passive gameplay revolve around trying to prove that my class is relevant for one kind of content, and it's sometimes demoralizing.

Since  quickness update was announced I see pve engi healer experts everywhere, more than I crossed  in my entire game played time complaining !

And that's their right;

Like I'm today celebrating with beers this update 😁 !

So thank you for upcoming improvent of my life ANET and all the players that gave feedbacks and ideas. CHEERS !

Edited by Pablo.3259
  • Like 3

Thanks for your feedback. This is one of those feedbacks that are very satisfying to read as it reinforced my argument in one of my old discussions where I asked the GW2 team to spread boons like quickness and alacrity to other professions in order to allow every profession to challenge the Meta.

I am one of those who hate the Meta in all modes and this is reflected into my willingness to allow players to play whatever they want in my parties.

I have had team mates playing off-meta builds including a warrior healer (unpopular for me to see one) in t4 fractals and I have been quite happy with the results until someone in the same party started to criticize the off-meta choice because a lot of players see Meta builds as the only option to play a game mode.

I hope the balance patch will help in demolishing the current Meta and I say this as a firebrand player..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unless you only play WvW I would be amazed at running healer engi exclusively...

That said , I and many other people will be abusing the superspeed + quickness in WVW until it is patched/split.

For fractals if you run the new healer scrapper then you would still be lacking might + fury (you would need to run turret unless a DPS has fury output).

Every one love power creep for there main class i guess i still dont get why scraper is the support class in anet eyes when its the med kit that is effecly the class the scraper part is more of an add on. You could say holo is just as much of an support as scraper lol.

• Like 1

@Pablo.3259

I got 3k h of play on holo pdps,heal scrap, also condi dps

but i never was kicked from fractal group

i usualy formed group myself, and also called for cqfb insted hfb

that way your team got quickness and fury, same as cqfb or alac culd give you some might

it's build i was used and gear :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PezAo6JlNwcYesGWKeyTftaA-zRZYQhIyfMaA1Q7FcGVrASXCY3Zp9NL-e

insted of blast gyro i used Elixir b if ther was needed more stab, but even after it team got 25might with alac and bit help from cqfb

Also with that gear you got 20k hp, i liked use runes of Flock for super f1 heal burst, but later i was switched to Superior rune of rebirth (monk prob can heal bit more when full stacked, but i like more safe and stabile healing from start)

Overall from my pow, when i was go heal scrap with cqfb as duo, t4 fractals when x2 times faster as ppl not died that much, and if thay do (cuz 1 shot mechanic) i culd grab them with function gyro evry 25s

About raids, i got similar story, but i played in static, it took a while until ppl aknowlaged me for uber healing ammounts with cqfb as sup, but i was both good on power holo and condi holo so i always culd switch when more dps was needed (as i also was top dps of static so kinda you know xd i did 36k dps)

And we constantly got lfg 1 hfb, and pug ususaly was not good inaf or was only boon bard witchout healing xd

in WvW i was top condi clease heal scrapper in [Pure] guild at gandara, but then i switched full to pve and did less of wvw, here i rached not had problem with anythink, and was mostly welcome with open hends

I'm also glad to bring Quickness to Scrapper, as now i will can be Heal scrap perm, witchout looking for cqfb as sup

But i also wuld sugest yet 2 small changes to make it even more good :P

But for all i'm even more glad that dps Scrapper got huge buff

I was able to bench on scrapper dps so ppl not got mind if i switched for it in raids or fractals for some bosses, but now we will get +3% dmg on glass cannon, and +50power and aoe stab for Applied Force allowing us to increst dmg from 31k to 34k and with bit of holo nerf, now chosing scrapper as dps will not be consider that much of trolling

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

Will quickness scrapper really be a thing in Pve ?
I mean : we need exactly 100% BD for 4sec quickness per application, perma alacrity, blast gyro (4/20 +4/24) + bandage (4/17) +function gyro (4/20) + bulwark or purge gyro (4/20); and no margin of error, plus utility gyros are part of the rotation but no to the situation.
Or we need to abandon med kit for the healing gyro, or elixir gun for a third utility gyro for few second marge. It means no turret either for fury/mights.

It seems a bit complicated; even counter productive as "healer". 

It's a nice move for WvW and bombing squads ; but for Pve this is poorly executed. To be viable it would be  nice to have an utility gyro or another skill/field pulsing superspeed.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Will quickness scrapper really be a thing in Pve ?
I mean : we need exactly 100% BD for 4sec quickness per application, perma alacrity, blast gyro (4/20 +4/24) + bandage (4/17) +function gyro (4/20) + bulwark or purge gyro (4/20); and no margin of error, plus utility gyros are part of the rotation but no to the situation.
Or we need to abandon med kit for the healing gyro, or elixir gun for a third utility gyro for few second marge. It means no turret either for fury/mights.

It seems a bit complicated; even counter productive as "healer". 

You're right.

As much as I (engi main with 2053 hours across all versions of the class in all gamemodes) want quickness engineer to be a thing, the numbers are just too small. Compared to Firebrand, which requires <30% boon duration for permanent quickness, and Chrono, which only requires Concentration sigils for boon duration (although will likely require more with the STM nerfs) Engineer just doesn't have enough quickness to become meta. Neither DPS Scrapper nor Heal Scrapper can dedicate enough resources without becoming inferior choices.

The solution is easy of course - either buff the quickness duration to 3 seconds baseline, or add additional sources of quickness through other traits (like how both Chrono and FB have multiple sources of the boon).

• Like 1

Chrono is going to need far more boon duration after patch. It is being reduced from 1.5s/clone to 1s/clone.

CQB will be the defacto standard for all instanced content where you can't abuse confusion.

That said, I'm against using heal skills as a way to put out offensive boons, I feel as though the quickness duration on mantra of potence could have been longer and the mantra of solace quickness minimized with a greater heal and cooldown (to prevent aegis spam on dps firebrands). Likewise , a 2.5s-3s base quickness duration on scrapper quickness would have gone a long way unless rune of the chronomancer is made party quickness.

Edited by Infusion.7149