How can we deal with harasser guilds?

Ok so i can understand your frustration but what you are asking for is how to play a game mode that involves killing players without killing players. WvW is not all about zergs, it might be that for you, but for others it is not. For others they play small scale fights every day. Some like both others like other things and that is ok. But joining a game mode that is a PvP game mode involves fights and all of them is not gonna be on your terms. 

So what can you do. Well a lot of things actually except for the obvious, learn how to fight in all sorts of ways and don't be the sitting duck. But yeah outside of that i often see many things that makes me want to face palm. This are a few examples.

You as a new player do not pay attention to the comander. Comander moves out and you don't see it and fall behind. Falling behind means you are now on your own. How can you avoid this? Target the comander by using ctrl + T. Now comander not only have a com tag but a large red target on the head. It is very hard to miss. You still fall behind. Then it is time to join Discord/Teamspeak. By doing so you will hear the comander telling you that he will move out. He will also tell you how he is moving in fights so that you easy can follow and don't fall outside of the zerg. If you fall out havok groups is gonna pull you and kill you. Paying attention is important. Being in a voice tool do not mean you have to speak. Just hearing the com makes it a whole lot easier for you.

If you see your friend getting ganked, you do not go there unless it is safe. You moving to your friend means you are now alone with your firend downed and you in a ressing animation. Super easy target. Let others ress, or ask the comander on discord/ts to help. The comander can or he wont, his choice, the person falling behind dying should like you pay attention.

Other things i often see are the new person to the game mode standing infront of the comander and facing a 63 man enemy blob. Somehow the new person belive that he can kill this blob all by him self and there for he makes sure to push in first and he do so without any stability or any sort of knowledge of what he need to survive so he instantly goes down. The comander will likely get upset because the person should not 1, be infront of a comander ever or 2 die in the first push. In the first push you have all your cooldowns and all classes have their own survivebillity options and two dodges, noone should die in the first push. 

Battle awareness and not thinking you are superman is two things that will take you far if you are new. Staying IN the group you are running with big or small is another. If you still geting pulle out then respawn and wait for others and run together with them. If you are on discord/ts you can tell them that you getting ganked could you run with someone. And if you stay on top of that someone he/she will help you.

If you are pulled out by a group, depending on what class you play you have options. The important thing to remember here is that you are new and the group pulling you are not new. Your choice is not to turn to them and try to fight them alone. You will loose because you are new. Instead look at your skills and if there is anything like blink, block, cleanse, stability or anything the like to use then this is your way out. Also call in discord/ts that you need help from your group. Depending on if this happens close to the fight then com might turn and help or your party might turn and help, but they might also not because you where not where you was suppose to be. 

Again i understand it feels harsh being new and getting ganked. But this is a part of the game mode.and happens to everybody. Even the best of the best of the best get ganked. Even those who have thousands of hours in the game mode get ganked. All have bad hair days at some point and it is not fun, but you need to shake it off. 

And also learn. What can you do next time. Can you pick another entrance out from spawn. Can you go with your friends. Can you make sure you stick on top of the coamnder.. Can you learn what your class have that can help you. Can your group of friends maybe play better builds that have synergy with eachother and helping eachother, less tunnelvision, well list is long. 

I promise you this is a beginner problem. Learning more will change things. You might not be the best of the best of the best but you will get better if you really put your mind in too it.

• Like 2

while Wvw is built on unbalanced fights, the groups he talks about surely do exist. and they surely do focus on farming often the most inexperienced players

the advice "stick with comm" is nice and fine, unless he messes up their stealthing or gives the position too early. or just explodes too fast and rallybots enemies

and the real gankergroups just do this 5v1ing and stalking bc their whole purpose of playing is to be toxic to other players for sure. bc they get nothing really out of it. its not good loot, if anything a waste of time. or maybe they dislike the gamemode and try to annoy people bc of this.

a big problem lies also in the game mode within. like offhours.... you have people who stream from argentinia a guildraid at 4am EU time ppting empty maps with 30+ people. (instead playing at NA where they had probably prime time )

WvW is wild, you met the outlaws of that gamemode. If you roam alone and you're not good, prepare to die a lot. At least you can laugh about their bad fashion sense and overall ugly character designs while they jump you. Feel  honored they waste their life and time with you. Shrug it off or log out they will be bored again while you move on in life. Simple thing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Tuchanka.5148 said:

WvW is wild, you met the outlaws of that gamemode. If you roam alone and you're not good, prepare to die a lot. At least you can laugh about their bad fashion sense and overall ugly character designs while they jump you. Feel  honored they waste their life and time with you. Shrug it off or log out they will be bored again while you move on in life. Simple thing.

What, as in all black skin and dyes with the stupid underwater mask? Horrible style and never understood why they all use underwater masks, is it they want to be bane ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

What, as in all black skin and dyes with the stupid underwater mask? Horrible style and never understood why they all use underwater masks, is it they want to be bane ?

Shadow abyss give you more dps though. Dont know about the mask.

Just watch the other people who easily run through them or engage them without dying.  Notice how they use abilities like teleports, evades, reflects, dodges, invulnerables.  Try to incorporate these into your own characters "build" setup.

And practice makes perfect.

7 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

Been quite a while since I was on EU.. 

on NA we have QQ guild trying to do the same thing but they are way too goofy to pull off anything meaningful lol

You guys lose team fights every time though lol...

inb4 wah wah supports and comp, you had an FB and a spellbreaker, just because several of you chose to stay ranger (to previously counter us on all thieves) doesn't mean any of us are responsible for your dumb gameplay decisions. BTW you can use this video as a guide on how to play FB since none of your people seem to be actually capable of it. I look forward to you and Sagat ganking a lone QQ tonight (as usual) then dodging to Armistice when it's a fair fight.

Edited by BeepBoopBop.5403
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Almost every time I go solo on the southern BLs, I get killed repeatedly by the same roaming guilds. It is frustrating and sometimes I get salty about it, but at the end of the day it is part of the game mode and something that you have to accept. Something that I think is important to keep in mind is that being ganked usually feels a lot more personal than it actually is. How often does it feel like you are making it personal when you are in a group and kill randos? Often probably not, but it is more likely to feel personal when you are on the receiving end. There are countless people who have killed me and I converse with them and there is no sort of animosity, just people playing the game mode. 

More often than not, I honestly think a lot of this behavior happens out of boredom because roaming has gotten so much worse and people get thirsty for content. Personally speaking, I don't like to let my prey escape (XD) so I will often hard chase people who run away. It doesn't mean that I have a problem with the one I am chasing, but moreso that I want to finish the fight and it is fun to chase people to test the limits of my cooldown/skill management and adaptability if kitten happens.

And hey, if people are actually being kittens towards you, there is always the option of BMing them back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

inb4 wah wah supports and comp, you had an FB and a spellbreaker, just because several of you chose to stay ranger (to previously counter us on all thieves) doesn't mean any of us are responsible for your dumb gameplay decisions. BTW you can use this video as a guide on how to play FB since none of your people seem to be actually capable of it. I look forward to you and Sagat ganking a lone QQ tonight (as usual) then dodging to Armistice when it's a fair fight.

Sharing a video that literally proves the point of the person he's quoting, lmao.

Also lol @ class swapping.
"Alright, guys. They beat us on our mains. Let's comp up and crash that duel party!" 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Sharing a video that literally proves the point of the person he's quoting, lmao.

Also lol @ class swapping.
"Alright, guys. They beat us on our mains. Let's comp up and crash that duel party!" 

Haha I remember you the Mag EBG clouder that thinks he's good because he can press sic em rapid fire from a zerg, then whisper talking kitten. Let me guess, me targeting you and putting you down after your whisper was "harassment"?

The video is us 6vs8 YB. Are we still harassing? Is it illegal to not play your main? Half of them don't play ranger they were on them to counter us but I'm sure you're all about sucking their kitten because that's just smart when they counter reroll but cheap and dirty when we do it. They even brought their own supports, not our problem they still can't find a way to win.

16 minutes ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Almost every time I go solo on the southern BLs, I get killed repeatedly by the same roaming guilds. It is frustrating and sometimes I get salty about it, but at the end of the day it is part of the game mode and something that you have to accept. Something that I think is important to keep in mind is that being ganked usually feels a lot more personal than it actually is. How often does it feel like you are making it personal when you are in a group and kill randos? Often probably not, but it is more likely to feel personal when you are on the receiving end. There are countless people who have killed me and I converse with them and there is no sort of animosity, just people playing the game mode. 

More often than not, I honestly think a lot of this behavior happens out of boredom because roaming has gotten so much worse and people get thirsty for content. Personally speaking, I don't like to let my prey escape (XD) so I will often hard chase people who run away. It doesn't mean that I have a problem with the one I am chasing, but moreso that I want to finish the fight and it is fun to chase people to test the limits of my cooldown/skill management and adaptability if kitten happens.

And hey, if people are actually being kittens towards you, there is always the option of BMing them back. 

It's generally some annoying behavior that happens when people drive enemies off the map and so they have absolutely nothing to do that their participation dies and thus they head to any swords.

IMO, if you want content you have to let people make at least a little progress on the southern camps, because it just gets boring for everyone if like everyone on the map spawn camps 3 people.

The behavior on my server got especially pathetic when we hit t1 (maybe picked up bandwagoners) that would lose fights 2:1 and then proceed to BM once they got kills. It was just annoying to watch.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

2 hours ago, BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Lmao. I can’t believe you’re posting this… do you not realize  how stupid this looks? XD

fully comped squad struggles to kill a group of roamers who are just playing their regular unoptimized roamer builds.

Just yesterday you guys lost a 4v4 while comped up.. I don’t even know how that is possible. 

every time you come in with even numbers on roaming builds you lose, then default back to half support half necro or condiherald setup. And even then you’re struggling.. Honestly it’s so cute. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

Lmao. I can’t believe you’re posting this… do you not realize  how stupid this looks? XD

fully comped squad struggles to kill a group of roamers who are just playing their regular unoptimized roamer builds.

Just yesterday you guys lost a 4v4 while comped up.. I don’t even know how that is possible. 

every time you come in with even numbers on roaming builds you lose, then default back to half support half necro or condiherald setup. And even then you’re struggling.. Honestly it’s so cute. 

That's how you remember yesterday? I remember you struggling to play as you logged out in frustration not once but twice.

You can comp too bro we weren't even on comms lol. You had a firebrand and a bubble spell breaker. Come up with ways to win instead of excuses.

BTW a few days ago when you took a bullet for Omni so we ganked you instead and allowed him to escape, that was so touching. I hope he gave you a gold star sticker for being such a good bodyguard/doormat.

11 minutes ago, BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

That's how you remember yesterday? I remember you struggling to play as you logged out in frustration not once but twice.

You can comp too bro we weren't even on comms lol. You had a firebrand and a bubble spell breaker. Come up with ways to win instead of excuses.

BTW a few days ago when you took a bullet for Omni so we ganked you instead and allowed him to escape, that was so touching. I hope he gave you a gold star sticker for being such a good bodyguard/doormat.

Hmm no, after your comp group lost 4v4 some of us went afk cus of rl stuff lol. Then (btw I’m not sure which one you are tbh) later on when you had to 1v2 and 1v3 me to get kills on me (and you lost a 1v2 somehow 😳) it was getting late so i went to bed. I think it’s funny you’re assuming I’d get upset over you guys. 
1, is just a game. 
2, you (QQ) have inflated ego, you are not as good as you think you are.

3, you routinely lose 1v1s against me and my friends. 2v2/3v3 also, etc. 

4, if you were actually good, I wouldn’t mind losing fairly, cus then you would just be better. But I’ll refer you to point #2. 

1 hour ago, BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Haha I remember you the Mag EBG clouder that thinks he's good because he can press sic em rapid fire from a zerg, then whisper talking kitten. Let me guess, me targeting you and putting you down after your whisper was "harassment"?

The video is us 6vs8 YB. Are we still harassing? Is it illegal to not play your main? Half of them don't play ranger they were on them to counter us but I'm sure you're all about sucking their kitten because that's just smart when they counter reroll but cheap and dirty when we do it. They even brought their own supports, not our problem they still can't find a way to win.

You obviously haven't read anything else I've said in this thread, but alright. I'm not going to argue with someone as thick as you, so I'll instead share a favorite video of mine.

You spaz out and rush in to fights over and over if you lose, if anyone makes you exert any kind of effort you corpse jump, and you resort to IRL threatening people at the drop of a hat. 

That's a big yikes, man. The titles of your video uploads are also hilarious. Sounds like the whole world is against you and everyone is a "noob" or "bad", almost like you've got something to prove, but no one to prove it to. Feels bad to be alone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

Hmm no, after your comp group lost 4v4 some of us went afk cus of rl stuff lol. Then (btw I’m not sure which one you are tbh) later on when you had to 1v2 and 1v3 me to get kills on me (and you lost a 1v2 somehow 😳) it was getting late so i went to bed. I think it’s funny you’re assuming I’d get upset over you guys. 
1, is just a game. 
2, you (QQ) have inflated ego, you are not as good as you think you are.

3, you routinely lose 1v1s against me and my friends. 2v2/3v3 also, etc. 

4, if you were actually good, I wouldn’t mind losing fairly, cus then you would just be better. But I’ll refer you to point #2. 

Not even gonna address any of that garbage but point out that it's really funny how all of you log out/AFK at the same time. Sure buddy IRL stuff to do, me and all my internet friends.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Shroud.2307 said:

You obviously haven't read anything else I've said in this thread, but alright. I'm not going to argue with someone as thick as you, so I'll instead share a favorite video of mine.

You spaz out and rush in to fights over and over if you lose, if anyone makes you exert any kind of effort you corpse jump, and you resort to IRL threatening people at the drop of a hat. 

That's a big yikes, man. The titles of your video uploads are also hilarious. Sounds like the whole world is against you and everyone is a "noob" or "bad", almost like you've got something to prove, but no one to prove it to. Feels bad to be alone.

Haha call daddy min scherzo because I have nothing to say for myself XD I dont even care about that video Im focusing on you being a rage whisperer then not stacking up to anything when actually pressed. You can flaunt anyone else's wins on me all you want, it doesn't make you any better lmao. If all you have is fanboying some other player meh you got nothing.

3 hours ago, BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

So you posted a video of a comped team vs randoms on roaming builds, and from the video it looks like you guys are struggling to kill them outright. I dont know why this is even posted because it is down right embaressing. I think everyone in WvW knows by now that QQ is just a meme, either go thief gank squad or "comp" and call it roaming. However I did enjoy one of Belthazar's video of stomping multiple QQ at once or SA farming the crap out of QQ that was fun to watch.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Not even gonna address any of that garbage but point out that it's really funny how all of you log out/AFK at the same time. Sure buddy IRL stuff to do, me and all my internet friends.

I only know that omni went afk cus we were in vc. We just wiped you guys so if any of us had stuff to take care of it would be a good time to do it! Cus per classic QQ fashion we were expecting a doubling of your comp squad since you guys like calling us out in map chat every time you see us lulz . 

not my fault you don’t have a life or someone irl to spend time with buddy 😳

35 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

So you posted a video of a comped team vs randoms on roaming builds, and from the video it looks like you guys are struggling to kill them outright. I dont know why this is even posted because it is down right embaressing. I think everyone in WvW knows by now that QQ is just a meme, either go thief gank squad or "comp" and call it roaming. However I did enjoy one of Belthazar's video of stomping multiple QQ at once or SA farming the crap out of QQ that was fun to watch.

Imagine crying about comp in 2021. Half of the meta builds in WvW are minstrel, learn the real meta when it's time to play serious or you're a dumb boomer pretending you're good for losing on a pre-2020 build. Them having a firebrand and spellbreaker tho no comp there at all lol, more like some of them tried to comp and some of them are too dumb to reroll/can't play any comp classes.

You can enjoy this one too, I appreciate the shitty attempt at comping by bringing support eles with glyphs, support spellbreaker, and a scourge but OH WAIT some people can't play any comp build, they can only simultaneously backstab one person on thieves. Sounds like a THEM problem, not mine I just play the game CMC designs badly.

10 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

I only know that omni went afk cus we were in vc. We just wiped you guys so if any of us had stuff to take care of it would be a good time to do it! Cus per classic QQ fashion we were expecting a doubling of your comp squad since you guys like calling us out in map chat every time you see us lulz . 

not my fault you don’t have a life or someone irl to spend time with buddy 😳

Wiped us 4v3 then dodged the 4v4 is what you mean lol. But you guys stay for hours and hours when outnumbering us 😂nothing IRL to do then right

26 minutes ago, BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Imagine crying about comp in 2021. Half of the meta builds in WvW are minstrel, learn the real meta when it's time to play serious or you're a dumb boomer pretending you're good for losing on a pre-2020 build. Them having a firebrand and spellbreaker tho no comp there at all lol, more like some of them tried to comp and some of them are too dumb to reroll/can't play any comp classes.

You can enjoy this one too, I appreciate the shitty attempt at comping by bringing support eles with glyphs, support spellbreaker, and a scourge but OH WAIT some people can't play any comp build, they can only simultaneously backstab one person on thieves. Sounds like a THEM problem, not mine I just play the game CMC designs badly.

funny thing is i dont recall SA ever needing to comp up to farm you guys while you guys comped and tried...god i wish i was there but these days QQ xfer to different servers because they dont wanna get farmed. 

Still i dont think its as bad as 2 thieves and a warrior needing to use target painter on a mesmer and thief to win and still lose....

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 1