How can we deal with harasser guilds?

22 hours ago, Anaide.8251 said:

I mean of course it is that players fault for trying to take that kitten sentry, that requires 10 gankers to defend. Who do you think is sadder in this situation? That lonely player, or the 10 mofos needing their daily gratification in an online game?

If a player is taking a sentry and marked on the map, they need to be paying attention to their surroundings. "Head on a swivel" mentality. You shouldn't be surprised if a group that's nearby decides to come get an easy loot bag if you're taking a sentry. You should be prepared to run away from them if you see them getting close. And with mounts, it's literally impossible not to get away from a group.

On 5/9/2021 at 1:24 PM, Auragen.4162 said:

Bunch of bad players who have been farmed like this guy ^ in this thread. This is the main reason why you shouldn't take anything said on this forum seriously. 99% of people crying about nerfs/balance play like this rando getting farmed out of his spawn.

Thank you for providing us a valuable video, which shows why Teef is busted in WvW :')

40 minutes ago, godz raiden.2631 said:

I see this thread is starting to devolve into an anti-thief thread. I'm surprised it took this long.

Well, maybe because, you know, most ganking groups usually are made of:
a) teefs
b) rangers

c) some other cheese of the month
Have you ever seen 10 core eles ganking someone near spawn?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, godz raiden.2631 said:

I see this thread is starting to devolve into an anti-thief thread. I'm surprised it took this long.

Well lack of skill and guts usually leads toward playing SA thieves , soooo go figure :p. Or ask slonder , prolly the best swimmer and long distance runner in wvw :).

Edited by kiranslee.4829
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

And that changes what exactly? Thief need to be looked at for sure, actually, there's so much stuff that need to be looked at in WvW that faster would be writing the whole game from scratch at this point.

Balance should never be done based on the interactions of the lowest skilled players. Fights shouldn't be made easier because a new player of a bad player loses fights against a certain class. 

1 hour ago, kiranslee.4829 said:

Well lack of skill and guts usually leads toward playing SA thieves , soooo go figure :p. Or ask slonder , prolly thw bedt swimmer and long distance runner in wvw :).

What leads to thieves playing SA is the desire to run the strongest traits and builds. If there were more competitive traits in other trait lines, let's say Acrobatics for example, then many builds would be less reliant on the benefits of SA. 

Also not sure what you mean by lack of guts? This is a video game. Guts has nothing to do with anything. We're all sitting behind a monitor on a keyboard. Stop roleplaying in WvW. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, godz raiden.2631 said:

Balance should never be done based on the interactions of the lowest skilled players. Fights shouldn't be made easier because a new player of a bad player loses fights against a certain class. 

Well, if you enjoy such low-effort builds then keep it up I guess. Unlike you, I don't enjoy poorly designed e-speces that made me fall asleep because how boring they are to fight as or against them.
Stealth is one of many poorly designed mechanics in this game, same goes for pretty much most if not all e-speces.
IMO stealth should be capped at max 3s after which you'll get revealed for atleast 3s, not 6+s stealthed which you may or may not attack, it's stupid "gueesssss whhhheeeeeennnnnnn" game. There's no such thing as mind games in it, you literally just sit and watch how pixel grass grows in pixel game, while waiting for "interaction window", which may not even last 1s, because hehe teef may not even render on your screen at all.
A-net allowing such cheese gives green light to all the abusers of said broken stuff, and as example guild SA, quite loves it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

Well, if you enjoy such low-effort builds then keep it up I guess. Unlike you, I don't enjoy poorly designed e-speces that made me fall asleep because how boring they are to fight as or against them.
Stealth is one of many poorly designed mechanics in this game, same goes for pretty much most if not all e-speces.
IMO stealth should be capped at max 3s after which you'll get revealed for atleast 3s, not 6+s stealthed which you may or may not attack, it's stupid "gueesssss whhhheeeeeennnnnnn" game. There's no such thing as mind games in it, you literally just sit and watch how pixel grass grows in pixel game, while waiting for "interaction window", which may not even last 1s, because hehe teef may not even render on your screen at all.
A-net allowing such cheese gives green light to all the abusers of said broken stuff, and as example guild SA, quite loves it.

Yes, yes. Every spec and build that YOU don't play is cancer, cheese, or poorly designed. All e-specs are doo doo dumb dumb and poorly designed.

How did you post all that and not think to yourself: "Man, I think I just hate everything about this game. Why do I play it at all?"

Honestly, I don't care. Anet can nerf stealth, or not. If they do, neat. I'm sure thieves will find another build that can perform decently and beat up some more new/bad players who will come here and make the same complaints all over again like you're doing now.

3 things remain guaranteed in life: Death, taxes, and requests for nerfs for thief. 

Sorry, I meat to type thief as "teef," forgot I'm dealing with witty children.

5 hours ago, godz raiden.2631 said:

What leads to thieves playing SA is the desire to run the strongest traits and builds. If there were more competitive traits in other trait lines, let's say Acrobatics for example, then many builds would be less reliant on the benefits of SA. 

Also not sure what you mean by lack of guts? This is a video game. Guts has nothing to do with anything. We're all sitting behind a monitor on a keyboard. Stop roleplaying in WvW. 

I play wvw coz its best rp in gw2. 
As for SA trait line its not best, its broken and as such give too much advantage for low effort. There is several really good thieves who are quite capable of good fights without SA trait line. Any semi decent roamer will tell you the same, SA trait line is hard carry for bad players and highly broken for more skilled ones. Take it as you like but it is what it is and should see nerfs. But not point of this topic 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, godz raiden.2631 said:

Yes, yes. Every spec and build that YOU don't play is cancer, cheese, or poorly designed. All e-specs are doo doo dumb dumb and poorly designed.

How did you post all that and not think to yourself: "Man, I think I just hate everything about this game. Why do I play it at all?"

Honestly, I don't care. Anet can nerf stealth, or not. If they do, neat. I'm sure thieves will find another build that can perform decently and beat up some more new/bad players who will come here and make the same complaints all over again like you're doing now.

3 things remain guaranteed in life: Death, taxes, and requests for nerfs for thief. 

Sorry, I meat to type thief as "teef," forgot I'm dealing with witty children.

XDD
Every single e-spec in this game is poorly designed, that's a fact. The only class that somehow brings what was promised is laughably Necromancer with it's Reaper and Scourge, which to a degree is true to the "e-spec will offer new playstyle" statement made by A-net years ago. Beside that, everything is a joke or failed attempt.
Look at Mesmer. Chronomancer is just Mesmer 2.0 with Wells, you just do same rotation, with a repeat button, where is here new playstyle? What changed? "Changed" functionality of F1-F4 after how many years after release? The theme was "time", but the only thing it've got was Repeater on actions and that's "wow amazingly designed e-spec, wowowoowwowowo, such skill, wowowoowow", are you for real? Now look at Mirage, what has changed for that e-spec? It can evade while being CC, what kind of bs mechanic is that? Oh, it also gained the "MiRaGe ClOaK" which is just new shiny effect for EVADE and some AMBUSH, which in reality is just renamed stealth attack, but for evade. To my surprise (well not really), it dumbed gameplay for Mesmer af.
I'm gonna also write another thing, since I'm pretty sure you'll write something "aha! you're NECROMANCER MAIN" if I won't state otherwise, so no, Necro isn't my main and I hate that class with passion because of certain cheese builds that are available on the market, the only thing I "like" is Reaper theme, beside that I believe it need nerfs in certain areas, like pretty much every single class in WvW.
P.S. I would accept a complete rework for my main class as well, since it's boring af and can be very uninteractive with specific build as well.
P.S.2 Teef is just a tiny problem, there's a kitten load of them, but the Teef is simply currently one of most abused, nothing beside that.

• Like 1

https://i.imgur.com/iqXujud

Btw about that ranger vs teef video, putting aside mechanical skills (because it looks like a duel between 2 guys with some delays, hopefully ingame), you know I heard Julia Roberts talking about some fun stuff. What was it called...sid em...sem*n...seven...oh right, sic'em! You know, the stuff that makes you deal big damage by pressing 1 button, also annoying each teef that decided to use SA traitline - buggy wuggy pet gratis. Ranger shouldnt be really crying about bad state of teef with proper knowledge of their own abilities

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Like 1

both ranger and thieves would deserve hurting nerfs in Wvw, no question. that is however not exactly the point of the thread.

even if the OP overreacts, they have a point. surely, as newbie you'll learn by deding anyways. still, a lot of us learnt to see these two main gankerclasses and some small guilds that are focusing on sniping and ganking targets as what they are.

it's nothing but harassment if all u do is something that takes u no effort, but annoys everyone else. a thief or a ranger that does roaming alone or seeks duels is something else. those are just pretty rare. and usually, u will not stay in their range to try to find out of their intention, as the ranger can just pew pew half of your cooldowns away and the thief may have two more thieves in his backpocket.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 6:26 PM, godz raiden.2631 said:

I called it, this is now a nerf thief thread. We found the problem everyone. There's tons of  "harasser guilds" of thieves camping spawns all day. WvW unplayable because of thief zergs.

Do you all even read your posts before you click submit? 

i talked about the SA guild, Systematic Abuse. i don't know them personally, but their game behaviour is pretty sad. they only play smallscale and spvp chars and builds with max dps output and high mobility and if they cannot get a kill within few seconds, they just run and their 2-5 guildies come to gank you if you'd chase. within the EU pop, quite some of these guilds exist.

On 5/11/2021 at 2:19 PM, Touchme.1097 said:

Play Standard PvP and only WvW if there is a blob to join.

Roaming is a waste of time, it's not even rewarding.

roaming is sorta waste of time yeah, only for dailies or if u really enjoy it, it has any good "income". similar to defending stuff. u get often nothing out of it, u can even lose participation if u don't kill or repair anything - and killing even one guy of a zerg with having barely 10 cloudy and squishy defenders is just absolutely not working in a lot of cases.

however, u won't have a lot of playtime when u only join a blob (43+) while most zergs (25+) provide yet more than enough environment to farm people, at least if u have some good players and class balance within this.  people always underestimate how big the gap between 25 people groups can be.... even tho anet tried to nerf them by stealing so much dmg off the metaclasses.