What if they fused? (IBS Spoilers)

Scraggy.3814

As everyone that's played the end of Champions, you all know that the ending was quite lackluster, and while I believe it's possible that ArenaNet had to speed along the Saga in order to get more work done on End of Dragons, I don't think they'd just disrespect two iconic characters like that, one of which was a major antagonist in GW1. So I'm thinking what if Primordus and Jormag aren't really dead, they just fused together into one mega dragon? I got this idea from someone else on the forums (can't remember who, sorry) and I really like it. At the end of the episode Aurene said that some/most of the dragon magic went elsewhere, I'm 99% sure this magic went to the good ol' DSD, but if the dragons are still alive, the newly fused pair would be incredibly weakened having almost killed each other, causing them to lose boatloads of magic. I'm thinking that as we deal with the DSD in Cantha, Primormag, Jormordus, Prijordus, whatever you want to call them, they'll be recuperating their strength in the shadows due to everyone thinking they're both dead. It would also allow ArenaNet to redeem the disastrous ending that was Champions, and to give us a fight against a truly unique foe that does Primordus and Jormag justice. One of my reasons for thinking they could be fused is that there were no bodies of the dead dragons, and we know for a fact that dragon's bodies don't dissipate or explode after death. Proof is both Zhaithans tail hanging in the Priory, and Kralk's body being an entire map. I guess you could say the fire and ice dragons bodies went back through their portals, but that seems kind of lame. We also know that fire and ice can indeed fuse in the GW universe because of the accessory you get once you complete Champions, the Saga's End Draconic Core, which is a fused ball of ice and fire, foreshadowing? Maybe, maybe not, it all depends on if you believe this theory, what do you guys think?

I think I’ve lost interest in speculating further at the moment. No use trying to make sense of the story beats at this point.

Jormag and Primordus occupy different spheres in the All, so even if they did fuse somehow that still creates a problem in that system. One that we caused, even.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jaken.6801 said:

Dude... I hope not.

Have you seen where that went? The extended lore? Highlander 2? The Source?
We don't want it to go that bad.

the whole thing is spoiled on the xpac title "end of dragons";

there will be only one: Aurene(highlander),. the she commite suicide or whatsover to "end the cicle"... end of dragons.

at moment the only thing can save GW2 lore from a incredible boredom is gods return.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I've thought a bit more on this theory tonight and I do find a few things interesting.

1. The chest at the end of the instance is the two dragons hands holding each other. 

2. Primordus being developed as a primitive, instinctual, mindless being with Jormag being intelligent leaves me wondering about a possibility that:

Jormag and Primordus, combined, could potentially be descendants of Koda or perhaps fragmented aspects of Koda. 

Koda has a voice and a claw, right? Well what if in this instance, Primordus is "the claw" and Jormag is "the voice". It's a bit far-fetched, but could we potentially be looking at the two as either children of Koda with Jormag mimic'ing it's parent and having its own voice and claw, or a fragmented Koda with each being the voice and the claw.

I still rather like the idea that there is a spirit of the dragon or Koda, and that Koda is "mother." But I think there's still room for them to tell that story if that's something they had in mind.

As we explore the empire of the dragon and speak to one of the oldest friendly dragon species still alive today, via Kunavang, and potentially see more spirits of the wild and have more Norn interaction in Cantha as presumed by the screenshot released.. I suppose it's still possible.

I really don't think they'll do a fusion of the two though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

I've thought a bit more on this theory tonight and I do find a few things interesting.

1. The chest at the end of the instance is the two dragons hands holding each other. 

2. Primordus being developed as a primitive, instinctual, mindless being with Jormag being intelligent leaves me wondering about a possibility that:

Jormag and Primordus, combined, could potentially be descendants of Koda or perhaps fragmented aspects of Koda. 

Koda has a voice and a claw, right? Well what if in this instance, Primordus is "the claw" and Jormag is "the voice". It's a bit far-fetched, but could we potentially be looking at the two as either children of Koda with Jormag mimic'ing it's parent and having its own voice and claw, or a fragmented Koda with each being the voice and the claw.

I still rather like the idea that there is a spirit of the dragon or Koda, and that Koda is "mother." But I think there's still room for them to tell that story if that's something they had in mind.

As we explore the empire of the dragon and speak to one of the oldest friendly dragon species still alive today, via Kunavang, and potentially see more spirits of the wild and have more Norn interaction in Cantha as presumed by the screenshot released.. I suppose it's still possible.

I really don't think they'll do a fusion of the two though.

Dunno man, that part about Koda sounds a bit too much like a Stephen head-canon theory.

• Like 2