Jump to content
  • Sign Up

short spoiler - bangar after finale.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

short spoiler:

 

well if u talk to a npc near Aurene hes says Bangar colapsed after jormag death, and still alive but was bring to a "hospital"..(but hes still showing into the cage). and just so....

 

I wonder if Bangar will still have a role in the lore, or will get a Zojja like treatment.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I personally think he's very much likely to become the de facto leader of the Renegades after this. He was already the charr version of Caudecus, and now that he's no longer imperator, he can actually assume a full-time role in leading the Renegades.

Edited by Uruk.3215
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Uruk.3215 said:

I personally think he's very much likely to become the de facto leader of the Renegades after this. He was already the charr version of Caudecus, and now that he's no longer imperator, he can actually assume a full-time role in leading the Renegades.

Only if he's able to recover from the physical trauma he received after Jormag died, the nature of which isn't fully described only that he barely survived, and if he's able to escape custody afterwards.  Currently I'm not inclined to think either will happen, Anet will probably memory-hole him now that IBS is over.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that would make sense is keeping him around for a civil war scenario. And even that would feel recycled, since IBS was basically that.

Forcing him into any other role would feel weird. It could be executed correctly, but I wouldn't get my hopes up when it comes to writing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Imba.9451 said:

The only thing that would make sense is keeping him around for a civil war scenario. And even that would feel recycled, since IBS was basically that.

Forcing him into any other role would feel weird. It could be executed correctly, but I wouldn't get my hopes up when it comes to writing.

lol yeah the weirdness start with dialogue saying hes gone to a "hospital", but the NPC still in the cage(for achievments?).

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

lol yeah the weirdness start with dialogue saying hes gone to a "hospital", but the NPC still in the cage(for achievments?).

Achievements and possibly some technical limitations, dunno if its possible for him to not be there for players that have finished the last chapter while still being there for people that haven't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Achievements and possibly some technical limitations, dunno if its possible for him to not be there for players that have finished the last chapter while still being there for people that haven't.

They did that with plenty of NPCs in the Eye for the Champions releases, even ones with special dialogue after the Episode ends, who only appear while the story chapter is active. Looks like just a bug to me (I'm guessing it'll be fixed in a soon-ish patch).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 8:24 PM, ugrakarma.9416 said:

short spoiler:

 

well if u talk to a npc near Aurene hes says Bangar colapsed after jormag death, and still alive but was bring to a "hospital"..(but hes still showing into the cage). and just so....

 

I wonder if Bangar will still have a role in the lore, or will get a Zojja like treatment.

Allthough speculative, the Zoija treatment comes cause of the voice actor (Felicia Day). She is a high end voice actor. When the game launched, she likely had a contract for the main game and the recurring jobs in the first living world season. Keep in mind that the living world was announced before launch, but has changed format many times since. The original plan was to have content released as ingame events that where non repeatable (not even 5 minutes later) that would launch new content. A good example is the first introduction of southsun cove. Lion's arch was attacked by the karka queen. It happened in a 30-ish minutes and after that we could go to southsun cove. The effect was awesome, the technology however could not handle it. (See my sidenote below).

So in short, Felicia her contract was not kept in tact and the agreement to commit to future voice acting  was void. She took other jobs and Arenanet had to hire her on the go for future projects. With such a high profile voice actor, this has to be done a long time before hand. So it was often easier to ignore the character as it was very difficult to get Felicia.

Two side notes.
Arenanet has been critisized a lot for the living world format and all the changes. The truth is that I still want to compliment them. They do not want to copy proven content, but they want to reinvent the genre. This goes by trial and error. when it comes to living world there was a good amount of error. but to me, most of it was nice and enjoyable.

 

The second side note: I found a video of the karka attack of lion's arch.  

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that they replaced Canach's VA, the single best VA in the game, I can no longer imagine the VA being the reason for Zojja's absence.

 

If Canach can be replaced with someone who didn't even bother trying to capture Canach's soul, surely they can recruit anyone for Zojja.

 

Or they can pull something like Zojja's vocal cords have been damaged beyond repair, so she's using some Asuran thought-to-speech technology that results in a computer-generated voice.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Given that they replaced Canach's VA, the single best VA in the game, I can no longer imagine the VA being the reason for Zojja's absence.

 

If Canach can be replaced with someone who didn't even bother trying to capture Canach's soul, surely they can recruit anyone for Zojja.

 

Or they can pull something like Zojja's vocal cords have been damaged beyond repair, so she's using some Asuran thought-to-speech technology that results in a computer-generated voice.

 

All these years and lore faults i doubt VA would be important.

 

Also for many who dont play asura, zojja is like nothing. for the most of my alts with typical rout, personal history -> LS2 -> HoT, the only question is, what the hell this person is important? I dont mind even if they kill her offscreen, i will miss more the banker NPC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly don't care for Bangar atm. 
Anet writing team has written him into a corner, and nothing short of a Season long redemption arc will get the players to trust him or look to him as a proper Charr figure anymore. 

He's directly to blame for all the happenings in IBS, as well as death of Almorra whom many fans love. 
All for what? "THEY HAVE AN ELDER DRAGON, WE NEED ONE TOO IT'S NOT FAIR" 
 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Honestly don't care for Bangar atm. 
Anet writing team has written him into a corner, and nothing short of a Season long redemption arc will get the players to trust him or look to him as a proper Charr figure anymore. 

He's directly to blame for all the happenings in IBS, as well as death of Almorra whom many fans love. 
All for what? "THEY HAVE AN ELDER DRAGON, WE NEED ONE TOO IT'S NOT FAIR" 
 

a death setence on a hipotetical  epilogue will be proper end for this "saga". also a public execution.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, PseudoNewb.5468 said:

I hope they kept Bangar alive, so that Crecia can eventually do what Rytlock failed to do in the prologue. Crecia has to earn the title she carries, and this allows her to do it in the most appropriate way for a charr in a legion.

Wouldn't be opposed to that, but Anet will probably memory hole him.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, PseudoNewb.5468 said:

I hope they kept Bangar alive, so that Crecia can eventually do what Rytlock failed to do in the prologue. Crecia has to earn the title she carries, and this allows her to do it in the most appropriate way for a charr in a legion.

Killing Bangar would just make him a martyr. That is the last thing any sane person would do in Crecia's position.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think many charr joined the dominion because they cared about Bangar. There is even some narrative about charr that hate Bangar, but join the dominion in Drizzlewood.

Some of the dominion are simply seeking power, others seem to be sick of the legions in general.

 

The charr seeking power, will fall in line behind whoever can murder their way to the top, and those who are warry of the legions won't forget that Bangar has been imperator for much of their lifetime.

 

Besides, if Bangar challenges Crecia for leadership, there is is few ways to resolve it besides fighting for it. This is how the Commander becomes Legionnaire of a blood legion warband. Although the Commander may have spared the former Legionnaire after he begged for his life. (Interestingly enough the Commander's old warband is apparently the steel warband before it is humiliated and the Commander ditches the shamed name for a new one. I guess someone just had to resurrect the name, giving the Commander no choice but to bury it again). Sparing someone actually insulting vs having them die in combat, and I doubt Bangar would beg or ask to be spared.

 

Either way if Crecia dueled Bangar to be imperator, which should be inevitable, I don't think there is much fallout that could be avoided in Bangar's death. Maybe the Commander can be Crecia's dueling partner (charr or otherwise) so that we can beat up Bangar one final time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...