What are you doing Anet..

Jarwan.8263

well, scourge isn't for smallscale anyways. it would work in packs of several mender scourges, but u'd not even find that many people who are able to pull that specs off.

@Biermeister.4678 i think u should change your settings lol. stop autotargetting a deactivate also stuff like "swap to next target" etc. u are meant to klick your targets, manually.

that to be said, this does not matter a lot at all - it's not broken,  just requires some hand coordination. sometimes u just have to klick two times fast on your target before u press the button that fires you skill off.

5 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

well, scourge isn't for smallscale anyways. it would work in packs of several mender scourges, but u'd not even find that many people who are able to pull that specs off.

Mender doesn't even exist... (never did in WvW, doesn't even exist in sPvP anymore afaik)

Yet original scourge was fantastic for smallscale and great at outnumbered fights.

If they had just actually nerfed what needed to be nerfed (hint it's Ghastly Breach), then they could probably have nerfed scourge a bit less and left it viable in smallscale.

i talk about the build that mender scourge ran in 3v3s just before the rune got removed. it's unnerved in wvw thaha (outside of darkness well, weirdly. anet nerfed that one well that was not used bc suffering hits just harder)

well original scourge probs was a walking atomic bomb lol.

its not even bad in smallscale, just has good and bad matchups. Anet always forgets to calculate attack speed and mobility into their nerfs. scourge and hammer herald are both rather slow attackers. with stale and predicatable animations and not a lot stunbreaks nor stab.

so yeah, of course it's pretty hard to catch a roamerclass with twenty evades, invuln, stealth and shadowsteps+leaps on a wheelchair class. who woulda thought.

30 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

i talk about the build that mender scourge ran in 3v3s just before the rune got removed. it's unnerved in wvw thaha (outside of darkness well, weirdly. anet nerfed that one well that was not used bc suffering hits just harder)

well original scourge probs was a walking atomic bomb lol.

its not even bad in smallscale, just has good and bad matchups. Anet always forgets to calculate attack speed and mobility into their nerfs. scourge and hammer herald are both rather slow attackers. with stale and predicatable animations and not a lot stunbreaks nor stab.

so yeah, of course it's pretty hard to catch a roamerclass with twenty evades, invuln, stealth and shadowsteps+leaps on a wheelchair class. who woulda thought.

PvP is a very different beast.

I mean in an actual group of 5 players, it is just plain bad. The target cap on the shades is a large reason why. But it just doesn't have enough impact compared to a lot of things.

Edited by lodjur.1284

3 hours ago, Molly Approved.5213 said:

But then again i bet its cuz they are all mostly millennials and the millennials have always been a very toxic and not very smart generation.

Thats generalization, just people in every industry and generation are 90% replacable. Do you think there are any irreplacable people left in Anet after they have been doing nothing for years? Only time they show any passion is when they release new expansion indicating the issue is that their main goal in job is to show off how creative they are and the money they're making through gemshop, not give customers what makes them happy. Happy people don't loiter around gemshop.

3 hours ago, Molly Approved.5213 said:

its the way it is cuz anet doesnt PLAY THEIR OWN GAME. thats right, they dont even play their own game.

True, this is the biggest issue. They ruined WvW with HoT claim buffs, relinkings, desert map, faster upgrades and infinite supply. Then they stopped enjoying it after ruining it themselves and stopped playing so they have no motivation to fix it. And you can't blame them for anything else than being incapable of seeing how too extreme the new inftrastructure was. You can't really fault them for wanting to ignore gamemode that they do not enjoy.

Edited by Threather.9354

49 minutes ago, Threather.9354 said:

You can't really fault them for wanting to ignore gamemode that they do not enjoy.

They made a game/service for customers to play and enjoy, yes I can fault them for ignoring the mode because at the end of the day they work for a business, that business works on creating and building a game for their customers not just for "themselves". If they no longer want to work on that part of the game then say so, just like how Blizzard came out and told their players they were no longer going to work on Heroes of the storm full time to keep it as a competitive game. Don't make an announcement like you're working on "Alliances" and then leave it hanging for 3 years, three, kitten, years. Every other company gets full blown expansions done in 2 years.

If they only want to work on pve side of the game, fine, tell us that, I can at least respect a company that is upfront with what they want to do with the direction of their game, and I know full well the direction may have changed a lot in the last 9 years under new management. I can't respect them when they never bother to talk or actually even listen to us about any concerns, but continue to drag everyone along expecting them to still sink time and money into the game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Threather.9354 said:

They ruined WvW with HoT claim buffs, relinkings, desert map, faster upgrades and infinite supply.

Desert Map was an improvement to the mode. People just didn't like the hourly event that happened in the middle of it. Keep fights are actually fun to fight in because there's space for zergs to fight in there with chokes and open spaces and multiple floors.

I only wish that the next improvement on the maps is to just sink Bay and make that keep a water keep.

Edited by Bristingr.5034

Scraper is about to have pop super speed and quirkiness on-top of the best healing in the game the game type is about to become soo badly balanced due to anet trying to push support scraper in pve its going to be un-fun to play.

2 hours ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Desert Map was an improvement to the mode. People just didn't like the hourly event that happened in the middle of it. Keep fights are actually fun to fight in because there's space for zergs to fight in there with chokes and open spaces and multiple floors.

I only wish that the next improvement on the maps is to just sink Bay and make that keep a water keep.

They took out that middle event years ago and yet the map still isn't as popular as alpine still.

Not sure what you're on about keep fights, the old keeps have a ton of open areas to fight in, the desert keeps have a ton of chokes but a lot of areas that don't even get used in fights, half of air and fire keep aren't even needed, with earth being more compact and actually decent to get around in with the north side short cut. But it's lord room is terrible with a double wall that hampers not only the enemy but your own team movement around it, how about next time adding a hazard that hampers enemies alone like I dunno random spots on the ground that cripple or immobilize, or how about just putting 4 big permanent pillars or short walls to fight around.

I quite like Bay actually, I only wish there was a bridge from outer to inner much like Hills has.

3 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

yet the map still isn't as popular as alpine still.

You must not be on TC/FC then. RBL is usually the 2nd map to queue (behind EBG). Several guilds prefer to do their raids there. Hell, I commanded Sunday and we were constantly fighting all over Fire against JQ. We're to the point that we only go to an ABL if:

1. Something major that we own is being attacked.

2. Change of scenery.

3. We can't fit everyone into DBL.

One of the resets, we owned Fire and took advantage of our Fire immunity to set up ACs behind the Lord and fire upon the enemy during the fight... at least until they wised up and turned off a shrine or two. The keeps allow for some unique fighting and playstyles that just cannot be found in the other maps, and that's why it's popular in our server.

Edited by Bristingr.5034

9 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

You must not be on TC/FC then. RBL is usually the 2nd map to queue (behind EBG). Several guilds prefer to do their raids there. Hell, I commanded Sunday and we were constantly fighting all over Fire against JQ. We're to the point that we only go to an ABL if:

1. Something major that we own is being attacked.

2. Change of scenery.

3. We can't fit everyone into DBL.

One of the resets, we owned Fire and took advantage of our Fire immunity to set up ACs behind the Lord and fire upon the enemy during the fight... at least until they wised up and turned off a shrine or two. The keeps allow for some unique fighting and playstyles that just cannot be found in the other maps, and that's why it's popular in our server.

And you think this is the same for every server? because I'll tell you it isn't and never has been.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1