Do we really need more stat combos?

Yeah I thought a stat point pool setup would have been the thing but implemented before hot.

Break it down into categories forcing a spread of points across stuff like offense, defense and support. Would have helped take the edge off power builds and sustain bunkering in wvw.

With this question in mind and looking back, I think they should have had Legendary weapons, armor, and trinkets able to choose One or Two Major stats and One or Two Minor stats regardless of what combos are already set. 

Give them a little edge over Ascended gear without being raising the base damage.

On 5/3/2021 at 5:30 AM, Terek.8923 said:

what do you guys think of ESO's champion point system? would give us players more customization over our toons. doubt it would happen but yea lol.

That's an endless grind system, which is what GW2's horizontal progression is meant to be the opposite of. Anet already sneakily/accidentally went against "horizontal progression" via elite spec power creep. but I doubt they will just add an endless stat grind like ESO.

Honestly the whole fixed stat prefix system is bogus.

Let us add 3-4 items per craft that allow us to custom assign 3-4 stats instead of offering random jumbles of stats through prefixes.  For drops, stats could either be customizable once or changed at the mystic forge.

You could keep the old stats for green/blue/yellow items so newbies aren't confused leveling.