The 3 newest gemstore backpieces are insane fps killers.

Vermillion Backpiece, Mandala Backpiece and now Seraph Backpiece. Having someone with one of these backpieces near you reduces the already low fps of the game by a lot. If the user is a mesmer then it's game over for your pc because one backpiece becomes four. I just had one ranger with vermillion and a chrono with seraph at Gorseval and Sabetha and my game was close to freezing with the amount of stutters. The entire raid squad was having that issue. After asking both players to hide their backpiece it went a lot smoother.

There is some faulty coding going on with your newest additions to the backpiece collection. Please take a look at it or give us the option to enable standard character models in pve just like you can do in pvp and wvw. The game becomes unironically unplayable.

Edited by DirtyDan.4759
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Juan.6124 changed the title to The 3 newest gemstore backpieces are insane fps killers.
4 minutes ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

This has nothing to do why my system if everyone's game perfomence dies when those backpieces are around.

mindcircus.1506 is not saying that it is your system that is at fault. But to back your post with some measurements / statistics and if possible a video to help assess how large the performance drop is.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

This has nothing to do why my system if everyone's game perfomence dies when those backpieces are around.

There is a need to know what hardware you have and which version of video card drivers you use as sometimes even video card drivers might have an impact on performance in games. It is not uncommon that there might be bugs in drivers (both sound, video and general drivers like those that are for keyboard and mouse etc), windows updates packages or game (gw2 client). In short there are several places that might have impact on how many frames that are in game and how fast those are being updated (pacing).

Do you use any third party app like Discord, Steam (that runs in background for overlay) or ArcDPS or similar? Try to restart your computer to eliminate all background processes including overlays and compared to when you run those apps you normally use while playing.

Try to see how much impact it will have if you disable name plates on other players and limit all other name plates like showing objects names or NPCs. When there is a lot of players around in most cases name plates will have a lot of impact on frames (FPS) and general performance of game.

Use "winver" to display which Windows version and build you run of Windows.

When do you see those frames drop? Is it during mid day or very late evening? I am asking because server might be more loaded with more players during after work hours until late night where more players are sleeping. So time might matters for when you see those things happens. I know you are upset of those new backpack, but it might be other things that in combination with those backpack might trigger those problems that you now see.

[edit]

Have you tried in Option>Settings to turn down animation?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Options#Graphics_Options

[end of edit]

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437