[Stop Progress] Dragonstorm Meta Event bug - Never use Roller Beetle's Roll Out ability for CC mechanic

As title says, never use the Roller Beetle's Roll Out ability for CC when the two champions are in the middle of the map and there is the CC mechanic. They will become untargettable and the event can't be completed in that instance.

Edited by JohnNelson.8704
  • Like 1

Whatever causes this bug, it just happened again and it's been the second time I witnessed it (only happened in the last breakbar phase right before the end of the event for us). It's very frustrating to have to abandon the instance so close before the end. Please fix that bug.

And it just happend again, twice in a row 😐....

Edited by BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

6 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

It happened just now on IP 54.163.31.99. Can't even target them. We tried bunnies, rollerbeetle after the EMP - nothing worked. It was on the third time they were clashing.

I think I was just in your instance. This is the second time I've seen this happen and its quite annoying considering the event itself is a bit of a commitment and is on a fairly long timer. Players do not even get loot or XP from the events leading up to the final cutscene.

It's pretty terrible and I can't seem to find any word from Arenanet on this issue. Are they just going to leave it until the 11th?

Edited by rrusse.7058

It would be easy to do a temp fix for; while they work on a better fix.
But they aren't even acknowledging that there's a problem. 

After so many times, I think I need a break from GW2. 
I'm sure they'll fix it eventually. But for now, I'm burned out on DRMS, and the only goal I have right now are the Stormcaller weps. 

I'll check back in occasionally, to see if they've fixed it. 

Not sure if it was a roller beetle or not, but I was just in a Dragonstorm instance where the bug occurred at the final clash phase, as the champions health reached 0 as the CC bar was breaking.

Extremely frustrating. Especially when you wait 2 hours for these events to fire off. Why not just make them like DRMs and have public auto-fill and scale the instance to fit - at least until this progress halting bug is fixed.

Just had this issue occur in a public Dragonstorm instance. Bumping post for visibility as it's a progress halting bug that, at least judging by the amount I've heard about it today, people have figured out how to exploit, and are using it to grief players.

While there are already several posts about the topic, I figured it's worth warning other players to avoid Dragonstorm public for now as there is a meta breaking bug that occurs on the last champion clash at the very end of the instance.

Not sure what causes it, but when it happened in my instance it looked like they ran out of heath as the CC bar broke.

I've ran into this bug myself just now, and several of my guild mates have ran into it several times today. Best avoid it until anet fixes. Hopefully this post will accelerate that action.

Video example of it here:

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I've never encountered it, as well. 

But, then, I've never seen people using the Roller Beetle during that part.  🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️

Seems like people have figured out how to exploit it and force the bug lately. I casually asked in map chat and got a bunch of people saying they've ran into it today.