Condi 4 lyfe

Hoohoo, I am going to cheese so hard when this patch comes out. The change to resistance boon is the best thing ever, imagine all the non-stop condi damage that can be applied. Condi + boon strip/convert/steal..? good lord. Looks like I can finally just use my face to smash the keyboard only to look up and see dead enemies on my screen. 

PvP is gonna be a breeze.

Thanks Anet

Edited by RikGant.3405
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, RikGant.3405 said:

@Hogwarts Zebra.8597sorry, I'm a kitten. I meant the change to resistance not retaliation. I got the kitten mixed up.

change to resist will hurt only specific builds, mostly crev.
And some classes that rely on rev/resist rune.
While retal->( condi prot ) will help in turn, and torment changes will kitten on futher on crev and mesmer, and make a decent impact on necro/scourge and even renegade.
Oh wait thats like 95% of condi builds.
Guess we go back to 100% power meta with occasional weaver lul
I might be wrong but I think that is what is going to happen

3 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

change to resist will hurt only specific builds, mostly crev.
And some classes that rely on rev/resist rune.
While retal->( condi prot ) will help in turn, and torment changes will kitten on futher on crev and mesmer, and make a decent impact on necro/scourge and even renegade.
Oh wait thats like 95% of condi builds.
Guess we go back to 100% power meta with occasional weaver lul
I might be wrong but I think that is what is going to happen

But not many classes have access to retal 

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

But not many classes have access to retal 

number of classes that can use something doesnt matter.
If they buff torment in pve as an example, and make it OP, it doesnt matter that only 2 classes can use it, those 2 classes will be overpowered and will out-shadow everything else.
I sure as hell dont wanna have 35k dps fire weaver when I can have 45k dps renegade, right?

All you need to spam retal is, light aura which will be TOXIC AS kitten AGAINST CONDI BUILDS
as it will give you new retal ( -33% condi dmg taken ), light aura ( -10% condi dmg taken )
As someone that enjoys playing condi im worried we will see some kitten, holo leaps + guard = perma light field, making any condi useless in teamfights. Is this gonna be firebrand v2, making all condition build utterly worthless in teamfights again? 
( other than necro ofc )
we will see, we will see.

P.S
GL doing anything against perma-retal heal spam core guard as condi build lulW

Edited by Leonidrex.5649

2 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

If they buff torment in pve as an example, and make it OP, it doesnt matter that only 2 classes can use it, those 2 classes will be overpowered and will out-shadow everything else.
I sure as hell dont wanna have 35k dps fire weaver when I can have 45k dps renegade, right?

All you need to spam retal is, light aura which will be TOXIC AS kitten AGAINST CONDI BUILDS
as it will give you new retal ( -33% condi dmg taken ), light aura ( -10% condi dmg taken )
As someone that enjoys playing condi im worried we will see some kitten, holo leaps + guard = perma light field, making any condi useless in teamfights. Is this gonna be firebrand v2, making all condition build utterly worthless in teamfights again? 
( other than necro ofc )

P.S

Do not mesmer shatter delete boons? 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, Leonidrex.5649 said:

( other than necro ofc )

P.S

boon removal stocks going up!

Also, while resolution will be annoying for condi builds, remember that resistance no longer prevents condi damage. This means holo, rev and others can't abuse resistance/revenant runes in the same way anymore. and a light field finisher has more counterplay than an instant-activation rune on elite skill. For example, interrupting the finisher (like we do with thief heartseeker).

Also unless boonrip priority changes, sigil of absorption prioritizes retal (i.e. resolution) pretty highly, so you can potentially steal it for yourself.

Edited by Quadox.7834