Will the expansion-like IBS get a legendary gear like Aurora and Vision?

BlueJin.4127

The upcoming amulet is not an IBS specific legendary, so that doesn't count. It also sounds like it's months away. With the Dragonscale Cape being precursor-like in costs, I thought maybe this was a precursor to an IBS legendary back item. This would give open world PVE players a legendary back item. However, it doesn't seem like this is a precursor. Considering LWS3 and LWS4 got their own respective legendary gears, I think many players were expecting the expansion-like IBS to get its own legendary gear, too.

LWS3: Aurora

LWS4: Vision

IBS: nothing

Combined seasons: upcoming amulet

Edited by BlueJin.4127

• BlueJin.4127 changed the title to Will the expansion-like IBS get a legendary gear like Aurora and Vision?

I think they consider the legendary amulet still counts, as it's before the expansion and requires doing the special events revisiting LS2, 3, 4 AND Icebrood Saga. I fully expect it to require a shed load of IBS currencies, as well as the LS stuff.

On 5/3/2021 at 11:22 PM, BlueJin.4127 said:

The upcoming amulet is not an IBS specific legendary, so that doesn't count. It also sounds like it's months away. With the Dragonscale Cape being precursor-like in costs, I thought maybe this was a precursor to an IBS legendary back item. This would give open world PVE players a legendary back item. However, it doesn't seem like this is a precursor. Considering LWS3 and LWS4 got their own respective legendary gears, I think many players were expecting the expansion-like IBS to get its own legendary gear, too.

IBS is too small to have a legendary item dedicated to it. 

The amulet becomes available in less than three weeks, not months. 

2 hours ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Even if you count the amulet, the point is that IBS gets less than previous seasons.

LWS3: Aurora, amulet

LWS4: Vision, amulet

IBS: amulet

Actually there was only one legendary item linked to each of LS2 and 3 - Aurora for one and Vision the other.

There is only currently one  legendary amulet and that was from PvP - not related to Living World and the rings are from Raids and WvW.

So, if we count the upcoming amulet as IBS all is even.

• Like 1

The upcoming amulet covers all seasons, not just IBS. Let me put it another way:

LWS3 got its own legendary. LWS4 got its own legendary. The expansion-like IBS doesn't get a legendary.

Edited by BlueJin.4127

We're arguing semantics here, but if we accept IBS is "expansion-like", I am sure they would argue it covers more than just the story episodes and they do suggest the amulet "journey" will include revisiting IBS.

It's even possible the amulet was developed with IBS in mind and they decided to move it back a bit to cover the period up to EoD.

Regardless, they are offering a legendary amulet after IBS started and before the season/expansion that follows. Seems fair enough to me!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 12:42 PM, BlueJin.4127 said:

The upcoming amulet covers all seasons, not just IBS. Let me put it another way:

LWS3 got its own legendary. LWS4 got its own legendary. The expansion-like IBS doesn't get a legendary.

I'm not sure if you've played IBS, but it's nothing like an expansion.  It's nothing like any of the previous living story seasons either.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:08 PM, Ayrilana.1396 said:

IBS is too small to have a legendary item dedicated to it. 

The amulet becomes available in less than three weeks, not months. 

It looks like it be months, close to the end of the year.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-summer-2021/

"Starting May 25, Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny."

So each week they'll spotlight an episode, adding new achievements to it and if you complete the new meta achievements for all 4 seasons/sagas and then you get the amulet.

That sounds like they'll be spotlighting all 4 seasons/sagas which is 27 episodes. Which means that they amulet will be available at the end of November.

1 hour ago, Pifil.5193 said:

It looks like it be months, close to the end of the year.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-summer-2021/

"Starting May 25, Living World episodes will be in the spotlight chronologically. Episodes are free to unlock during their spotlight week, and we’ll update them with new achievements. Complete all the new Living World Season 2 and 3 achievements to earn a voucher for a Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons precursor weapon. When the expansion launches, you can redeem it and begin crafting your very own third-generation legendary weapon.

After completing the new meta-achievement for all three playable Living World seasons and The Icebrood Saga, you’ll receive a legendary amulet as a powerful reminder of your role in shaping Tyria’s destiny."

So each week they'll spotlight an episode, adding new achievements to it and if you complete the new meta achievements for all 4 seasons/sagas and then you get the amulet.

That sounds like they'll be spotlighting all 4 seasons/sagas which is 27 episodes. Which means that they amulet will be available at the end of November.

While possible, it’s highly unlikely. 

Another thing I’m wondering... I’m currently finishing up the IBS meta achievements that are currently in the game because I’m assuming they’ll be required for the upcoming amulet. However, Anet stated the upcoming amulet will require the new meta achievements they will add for all 3 LWS’ and IBS. If IBS will not get its own legendary, it would be nice to know if the current IBS meta achievements will or will not be required for the upcoming amulet.

Then again... looking at the expansion-like IBS, even if Anet confirms current IBS meta achievements aren't required for the upcoming amulet... 🙄

Edited by BlueJin.4127

57 minutes ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

Another thing I’m wondering... I’m currently finishing up the IBS meta achievements that are currently in the game because I’m assuming they’ll be required for the upcoming amulet. However, Anet stated the upcoming amulet will require the new meta achievements they will add for all 3 LWS’ and IBS. If IBS will not get its own legendary, it would be nice to know if the current IBS meta achievements will or will not be required for the upcoming amulet.

If any are tied to skins or other items then they may auto complete. I wouldn’t be surprised if many of them are copy and pasted achievements of existing ones or simply achievements which require you to complete something some number of times. I also wouldn’t be surprised if map currencies played a roll as well. 

1 hour ago, Dami.5046 said:

I hope we get another way to get legendary armour. I already have ascended sets, why can't i upgrade it?

Moans and flaps hands around in an insane manner.

Another way out of pvp/wvw/troll fest would be nice anyway.

I think there's a chance we'll see legendary armors and other trinkets obtainable through casual PVE in EoD. With the armory coming up, I'm sure a lot of casual players (at least more than before the armory) would like to fill up all their slots with legendaries. As an alt-oholic, I know that's my goal, but only if I can do it through casual (mostly open world) PVE.

I burned out on instances in WoW, so I'm not really into fractals. I have yet to get enough fractal research pages to make 1 journal. I also definitely don't want to deal with any more drama from high difficulty instances, like t4 fractals and raids. I also never liked competitive modes in MMO's, and this game is no exception. Both PvP and WvW are uninteresting to me. Also, grinding WvW dailies to get GoB's is really burning me out...

Edited by BlueJin.4127

roh that just "trying to justify to have two legendary" in the same season...

Even if it's ask others living worlds season it's still got released at same time as the end of the living world season 5, i mean if it's just the fact that it's also ask others seasons achivement then it's a weak arguments if you could just delete your critic by removing this requirement.

All the others legendary of living seasons got released just after the end of their last episode like this amulet so stop trying to ask for more than one easy to get legendary.

2 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

if hope the "legendary amulet" will not be just another one purple ball, aurora is enough to me, and is on dust on my bank for years.

I really really hope the new armory and/or the expansion will let us turn all auras on or off. No one wants the legendary trinket effects on all their characters, or all the +9AR effects on all AND on top of each other!

Surely they have thought of this.

53 minutes ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

roh that just "trying to justify to have two legendary" in the same season...

Even if it's ask others living worlds season it's still got released at same time as the end of the living world season 5, i mean if it's just the fact that it's also ask others seasons achivement then it's a weak arguments if you could just delete your critic by removing this requirement.

All the others legendary of living seasons got released just after the end of their last episode like this amulet so stop trying to ask for more than one easy to get legendary.

What season 5?

We havent got that living season yet, are you perhaps talking about the icebrood saga?

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

What season 5?

We havent got that living season yet, are you perhaps talking about the icebrood saga?

That's marketing and I believe they've even called it season 5 in a couple of their streams.

Was trying to find a source and saw that one of them referred to it as a season in the reveal event video.  That's not what I'm thinking of from above.

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

7 hours ago, Jong.5937 said:

I really really hope the new armory and/or the expansion will let us turn all auras on or off. No one wants the legendary trinket effects on all their characters, or all the +9AR effects on all AND on top of each other!

Surely they have thought of this.

but the reason for legendary is only looks. status change is meaningless these days, specially for veterans, i have lots of bank mules with all sort of ascedend trinkets.