Isnt the Commander one of the, if not THE strongest Mortal on Mainland Tyria now?

DanAlcedo.3281

3 hours ago, Fenom.9457 said:

You’re right, I totally forgot efram! Credit where credit is due. But sieran is only seen by 1/3 of the playerbase, at least on their first play and she dies before the base game even ends. Not really a main character.  And zojja? Zojja is a joke in terms of elementalist representation because I’ve NEVER seen her use ANY elements. And even if my memory is just faulty and she does at some point, she hasn’t even appeared in six years.

I only recall Zojja using Air magic spells like Lightning Whip. 

Common misconception really..

Sure the Commander is powerful to some degree but it is probably more accurate to say the Commander is highly "accomplished" instead.

It's important to keep in mind that we have done almost nothing in this game without help and/or support from other powerful or accomplished heroes and factions.

We have made a lot of powerful friends.
The Pact and the Individual Orders of Tyria
The Exalted
The Olmakhan
The Crystal Bloom
The Sunspears 
Human Royalty, Queen Jennah.
Leaders in the Charr Legions as well as some highly skilled Charr operatives.
The Pale Tree
This list goes on an on lol

We have an Elder Dragon ally to which we act as it's Champion while retaining our complete freedom, a unique position no other living being has ever had the privilege.
(Ryland doesn't count since he was physically corrupted and Jormag was evil, so even though he served Jormag willingly his claims of still being free cannot really be trusted.. nor were they ever truly tested.)

We have a very effective guild made up of highly skilled and respected heroes.
A Legendary Charr Warrior, who also happens to come with a legendary Sword that once belonged to a God.
The Son of a Legendary Norn Huntress and renowned hero in his own right.
A young and highly accomplished Asuran prodigy and apprentice of one of the most famous Asuran Golemancers.
A highly skilled Private Investigator and former member of the Krytan Ministry Guard.
A powerful Mesmer and active member of the elusive and secretive Mesmer Collective, a powerful group of Mesmers that still have not reached out to our Pact Commander in any way despite all we have achieved over the years.
The worlds leading expert on Scarabs and one of the best entomologists on Tyria.
And Rox.. Rox doesn't really have much outside of being the go between for the legions and the Olmakhan.
But she's still a valued member of our guild and a very capable Ranger.

The pact commander is quite literally surrounded by many of the worlds brightest, strongest and most skilled individuals.. and is respected by and on good terms with many powerful factions and influential people/beings of power.
That's where our true power comes from.

In terms of sheer power? Probably not. I personally believe (just like in the gameplay) your character's main strength is their... finesse? The commander is able to avoid attacks while landing blows of their own.

...Although I guess between all of these masteries and stuff your character has achieved a sort of magical flexibility that no one's seen before. Sirens of orr or whatever that's called, volatile/unbound magic, the primordus/jormag thing, aurene's power, etc. (That's why i love revenant! Makes sense to be able to harness these different magics)

That's not even mentioning non-magical skills like poison mastery and gliding.

...Oh. I guess the commander's come back from the dead. Uh. Hmm. Yeah, I guess you're right. Our good old commander is sort of broken right now.

HoT did the whole power struggle thing really well. It was difficult content! I didn't feel like I could dispatch entire armies in seconds. ...and then it got nerfed lol

ANYways... Initially I didn't think the commander was the most powerful, per se, but looking back on things... yeah. 

I’ve never perceived my Commander as necessarily “powerful on a scale beyond mortals”, but rather surviving via a combination of tenacity, luck, skill, relationship building, and a healthy dose of Mary Sue-ism.

We didn’t defeat Zhaitan and Mordremoth because we were powerful, we defeated them because we exploited their weaknesses. And we beat Balthazar, Joko, and Kralkatorrik with the help of a dragon (and in Balth’s case, his own god sword). 

What makes us dangerous isn’t that we have the power of the gods; it’s that we’re legitimately bad-kitten heroes who don’t back down no matter what. And we have an army of other bad kitten at our disposal who may have us beat in power, but they’re nowhere near our equals in tenacity and determination.