Removing/Option to Disabling warclaw in PvE [Poll]

Stop kidnapping my "X" key  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think warclaw should be removed in PvE?

• Sure! disable it! remove it! eliminate it!
    • No, I want to show my skin in PvE
    • Hmmm ... well ... I'm a cat person
    • No, just fix the X key issue

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2021 at 04:00 PM

• Alik.9651 changed the title to Removing warclaw in PvE [Poll]

Absolutely not!!

If anything Warclaw should be available for everyone to earn regardless of whether they own PoF.
It should serve as the first obtainable mount in the game, the only mount available for the core game and a big incentive for people to try and play WvW to unlock it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• Alik.9651 changed the title to Removing/Option to Disabling warclaw in PvE [Poll]
18 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Wait, so they should remove the entire mount because you are slightly annoyed that you have to change mounts on the X button every time you leave WvW?

How about instead, they just fix the X button???

LOGIC

Actually, not slightly, I have die for 10+ time in VB becoz I assume my "X" is the skyscale

then I do a "X" and jump to the air end up fall to the thorns

And please excuse my emotion wordings

"Remove" in PvE, I means an option to disable it in PvE

10 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hey mate, just install GW2Radial. you can use your right click on your mouse then to bring up a mount selection menu. Super convenient, has a nice interface, and you'll never grab the wrong mount ever again. Its 100% within the TOS like TacO is.

Still cannot get it work with d912pxy + reshade 😓

Disabling the warclaw entire in PvE would be an absurd way to "fix" the problem with it replacing your default mount when you leave WvW.

I agree they need to fix that bug, but that should mean fixing it, not removing the mount from use entirely and acting like that doesn't just cause a whole new set of frustrations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Disabling the Warclaw for the entire PvE environment is kind of heavy handed, for a issue that is affecting you personally. I could see if the request was to have an option to disable it, only on your account but I think those dev cycles could be put to better use. 

31 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Disabling the warclaw entire in PvE would be an absurd way to "fix" the problem with it replacing your default mount when you leave WvW.

I agree they need to fix that bug, but that should mean fixing it, not removing the mount from use entirely and acting like that doesn't just cause a whole new set of frustrations.

26 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I guess I must have remapped my X key and forgot about it because I wasn't aware this was an issue. Regardless, blocking warclaw in pve is a stupid idea. No, thanks.

8 minutes ago, dmone.5631 said:

Disabling the Warclaw for the entire PvE environment is kind of heavy handed, for a issue that is affecting you personally. I could see if the request was to have an option to disable it, only on your account but I think those dev cycles could be put to better use. 

The issue was there since the first day having warclaw, and I have do in-game report, which is 2yrs ago, but still ...

6 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Assign mounts to hot keys.  Never choose the wrong one again.

lack of one click key for mounts

and I just hope my key can keep the function what I expected it to be.

30 minutes ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

You know you can change mounts by right clicking the mount icon, right?

yes, but not every time I'm out from WvW

55 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Absolutely not!!

If anything Warclaw should be available for everyone to earn regardless of whether they own PoF.
It should serve as the first obtainable mount in the game, the only mount available for the core game and a big incentive for people to try and play WvW to unlock it.

Oh, that was unexpecting. I though the 1st mount should be and always be raptor?

The funniest thing about this - or the saddest depending on your point of view - is that there is a BUG that actually makes it WORK PROPERLY.

Thats right. Sometimes the game do remember the mount you had in PvE such as the skyscale and it properly revert to it after being in WvW and using the warclaw. It can last days over multiple logons and it just starts and stops on random.

This is one of those task successfully failed moments.

It takes skill to make a bug that the entire community wants as intended behaviour.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alik.9651 said:

Oh, that was unexpecting. I though the 1st mount should be and always be raptor?

Typically a first experience with mounts is with an inferior one.
Your first horse or something in other games is often the slowest one and overtime you replace it with a cooler or faster mount, least that's how it's been in the MMO's I played.

Gw2 doesn't have a "starter" mount so to speak and the way mounts are done in Gw2 (brilliantly I might add) the Raptor never looses it's usefulness nor feels obsolete.
But it is locked behind content that is designed to be played way down the line and skipping ahead just to unlock it isn't something I would recommend players do.

But not having a mount does put players at a disadvantage in the PvE game, a mobility gap largely being the issue where new mountless players struggle to keep up with mounted groups and sometimes miss out on events etc because of it.
It's stuff like that which has feed players requests for Anet to introduce a "starter mount" to the game, or provide some kind of rental system all over the core world and HoT maps.

I don't think the rental idea has merit myself, seems like a lot of clutter to dump on every pre PoF map and a lot of work to implement as well.
But the starter mount request does have merit and I do support this, however I don't think we need to have an entirely new mount created to serve this role when the Warclaw already exists and already does function as an "inferior" PvE mount compared to the others.. shorter dash and slower run speed.

The problem is that the Warclaw is locked behind the requirement that you need to own Path of Fire.. and it's this single restriction that I want to see removed for this specific mount.
In doing so the Warclaw becomes available to everyone who has the core Gw2 game, paid and ft2 accounts alike.
The Warclaw becomes essentially Gw2's official "starter mount" and the only core game one available to earn.
The Warclaw experience in the PvE game will add to the holiday rental mounts as well as the simple sight of other peoples better mounts as a bigger motivator for people to want to buy Path of Fire so they too can get the better PvE mounts, thus boosting expansion sales.
The Warclaw also becomes a huge reward incentive for everyone to try and experience WvW which really does need a larger player base.

As it is now it doesn't really serve this last role since PvE players who have the PoF mounts have no real need for an inferior PvE warclaw.. not unless they do dabble in WvW or they really really want the cosmetic appeal of a cat mount.

Oh and then there's the WvW element for non PoF owners as well.
Without the Warclaw you are again put at a mobility disadvantage.. easy prey for a mounted player to chase you down and start a fight with a fresh skill list while you may waste some of yours on the Warclaws health bar trying for a dismount.
This isn't as much of an issue in groups where you have speed buffs etc but that's not always an option in WvW and having to deal with being hunted by players on mounts that you cannot outrun nor access yourself unless you pay for an expansion is something that will make a lot of players say screw this p2w garbage and leave with no intention of giving WvW another chance.
For a game mode that really needs more regular players this is a very very bad thing.
Removing the PoF restriction on Warclaw will also diminish this problem as well since everyone will be able to obtain this mount.

Edited by Teratus.2859

52 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The funniest thing about this - or the saddest depending on your point of view - is that there is a BUG that actually makes it WORK PROPERLY.

Thats right. Sometimes the game do remember the mount you had in PvE such as the skyscale and it properly revert to it after being in WvW and using the warclaw. It can last days over multiple logons and it just starts and stops on random.

This is one of those task successfully failed moments.

It takes skill to make a bug that the entire community wants as intended behaviour.

This is actually true. I'm encountering it right now. I use specific mount keybindings for all mounts, except for the warclaw and raptor, which use the swappable mount key. It changes back to the raptor when I leave WvW. My guess is that it is not a bug that's a feature, but a feature that is bugged. I wonder if we can find a pattern among the bug to narrow it down? I'll try documenting things each week on my character to see if there's any changes. Here's my current stuff, if anyone wants to compare.

Date: 5/4/2021

Realm: Northern Shiverpeaks
Realm Combo: Blackgate/Northern Shiverpeaks
Team Color: Green

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

This poll is absurd ... if the mount isn't useful to people, they don't use it. Why bother 'removing' it? If you don't like that your X key is mapped to it, remap your key. 

The problem most people have is that if you go to WvW, then go back to PvE, your default mount (by default on 'X') will be reset to the Warclaw, not the last mount you were using in PvE.

Personally I think it's easier to just bind all my mounts to different keys, but I don't think it'd be a bad change if they didn't make your default mount the Warclaw after exiting WvW. It's just simple QoL.

17 minutes ago, Lottie.5370 said:

The problem most people have is that if you go to WvW, then go back to PvE, your default mount (by default on 'X') will be reset to the Warclaw, not the last mount you were using in PvE.

Personally I think it's easier to just bind all my mounts to different keys, but I don't think it'd be a bad change if they didn't make your default mount the Warclaw after exiting WvW. It's just simple QoL.

I get that ... but it's not a reason to include a 'delete' Warclaw from PVE in a poll. That's silly. 

Again, what's the purpose of this poll? Just remap the key and be done with it. The OP is being absurd ... there are PLENTY of keys he can map Warclaw to that aren't 'X' so he will avoid the problem he is having. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

I get that ... but it's not a reason to delete Warclaw from PVE. That's silly. 

I completely agree, people should have the choice to use whatever mount they want, it makes no sense to restrict it to just WvW. Sorry for not making that clear, I just didn't really think people actually wanted it disabled in PvE but wanted the above changes instead.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Hey mate, just install GW2Radial. you can use your right click on your mouse then to bring up a mount selection menu. Super convenient, has a nice interface, and you'll never grab the wrong mount ever again. Its 100% within the TOS like TacO is.

Does it work with d912pxy?

2 hours ago, Alik.9651 said:

Actually, not slightly, I have die for 10+ time in VB becoz I assume my "X" is the skyscale

then I do a "X" and jump to the air end up fall to the thorns

And please excuse my emotion wordings

"Remove" in PvE, I means an option to disable it in PvE

Yeah, i know what you mean, but you didn't understand what i meant.

I said, instead of removing the ability for people to use the mount in PvE, they just need to fix the X button to save the last used mount in PvE. So that it doesn't switch to Warclaw when you exit WvW but keeps what you used in PvE. 

There's literally no reason to disable a mount ever. I agree that this needs to be fixed, but they need to fix it the other way around, not by disabling the mount.

Also, how are you dying 10 times before you figure out that the Skyscale is no longer on your X button lol.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Thanks 1