What will happen to my partially finished legendary armor pieces on July 13th?

If I remember correctly we're going to get more details on how exactly the legendary armoury works before it's released.

But if you mean partially finished as in you've got the precursor and not the final legendary, or you've got some other components then my expectation is that nothing will happen to it. They've not said anything about changes to the process of obtaining legendaries, only how they're shared between characters once you've got them, so my expectation is everything you've got will stay the same and you'll need to go through all the same steps to finish it, but once it's done you'll have the option of adding it to the armoury and using it on every character who can use that type of item.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, rabenpriester.7129 said:

Thing is, I have 3x Legendary Armor sets (heavy, medium, light), precursors to armor sets and a lot of gifts.

I'm especially curious about the gifts since I sank a lot of materials into them and can't use that.

Well, maybe there will be a merchant sometime somewhere, where we can trade in our useless double crafted legendary items?

2 hours ago, rabenpriester.7129 said:

Thing is, I have 3x Legendary Armor sets (heavy, medium, light), precursors to armor sets and a lot of gifts.

I'm especially curious about the gifts since I sank a lot of materials into them and can't use that.

Some of those gifts can be used for other legendaries. You might want to look into that.

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

We have known for over a year that legendary armory is coming sometime later.

Why did you keep crafting legendary armors then?

It's from before that time. Why do you feel the need to ask such an aggressive question when I just wanted to know things?

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Some of those gifts can be used for other legendaries. You might want to look into that.

Thanks!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rabenpriester.7129 said:

It's from before that time. Why do you feel the need to ask such an aggressive question when I just wanted to know things?

Thanks!

Well howcome this question comes now and not when the feature were first revealed? 

it sounded like you were cought unawate at first and now got miffed.

My guess is as good as anyones,  you will most likely have more legendary armors to use across your characters.

Edit

There is a reason I only bought 1 copper fed savagomatic, 1 of each unlimited tools and so far 1 legendary of each type.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

They should let you break them down into their original materials to sell/use for something else, but probably unlikly. Wouldn't be the first time they 'screwed' people over like the "Twice Told Legend" thing. Which this will be a double strike to those people since it could go from having little reason to own two of the same legendary to absolutly 0 reason. Maybe you'll get lucky though and they learned from that past mistakes. They've added NPCs for exchanging outdated things before like the gathering tools. 

I thankfully avoided this problem with the Incinerator (D/D Thief) cuz intuition often made me feel like they'd do something like the Wardrobe system one day.

(If something like this happened in Warframe for example, like them changing the requirements to build something, removing it or the necessity of building it at all, they'd often refund everyone the materials.)

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

They should let you break them down into their original materials to sell/use for something else, but probably unlikly. Wouldn't be the first time they 'screwed' people over like the "Twice Told Legend" thing. Which this will be a double strike to those people since it could go from having little reason to own two of the same legendary to absolutly 0 reason. Maybe you'll get lucky though and they learned from that past mistakes. They've added NPCs for exchanging outdated things before like the gathering tools. 

I thankfully avoided this problem with the Incinerator (D/D Thief) cuz intuition often made me feel like they'd do something like the Wardrobe system one day.

(If something like this happened in Warframe for example, like them changing the requirements to build something, removing it or the necessity of building it at all, they'd often refund everyone the materials.)

Well unlikely you will be able to withdraw 2 legendary daggers from armory without owning 2, but as with all only time will tell.

Edited by Linken.6345