The simplest solution to satisfy players who want 1v1 and bring unlimited new content: Make the public arena A LOT BIGGER.

miifi.2150

Dear ANET.

I promise that I will provide some EXTREMELY CRUCIAL points in this post, which would GREATLY benefit US PLAYERS and YOU DEVELOPERS (assuming you are interested in bringing this wonderful game to new heights).

Note: the CAPS LOCKS in this post are intended for highlighting important information, absolutely no rage or disrespect intended.

I heard that you simply don't want to design a 1v1 dueling system because it would take a lot of work, which you don't feel like doing, and I completely respect that. And you don't need too!

I have a super simple solution.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

First let me quickly explain why 1v1 PvP is such a crucial aspect of the game, and it brings LITERALLY UNLIMITED NEW CONTENT.

(Doesn't unlimited new content sound amazing for a game developer who is interested in making money or simply a great game?)

1v1 PvP LITERALLY NEVER GETS OLD, BECAUSE EVERY SINGLE FIGHT IS UNIQUE!

Every fight has completely unexpected turns and events, and you never know what to expect from the enemy, because everybody has their own unique playstyle, build and knowledge of the game. The meta constantly evolves, creating even more and more unlimited content.

You see 5v5 PvP is whole different beast. It brings too much frustration and randomness.

Solely depending on your own raw skill in a fair fight against a player just like yourself- that is what I call true satisfaction.

You see, we come into this world alone, and we leave this world alone. 1v1 is simply the way of nature and how the world was designed.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

I have an amazing solution, that would 100% satisfy myself personally. I assume that most players asked for 1v1s would also be satisfied, since we are of a similar breed.

You see, the biggest problem with the current public arena is that it is WAY TOO SMALL.

It is basically impossible to 1v1 people there without being bothered, interrupted and distracted by other players.

The solution is extremely simple and easy to implement:

Simply make the public arena A LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT BIGGER.

One sentence pretty much sums it up, it's that simple.

This would allow for easy 1v1s, without being interrupted or bothered.

I would be 100% satisfied personally.

THE END, thank you for reading.

Edited by miifi.2150
Omg i accidently wrote "pubic arena" in the topic name LOL
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

• miifi.2150 changed the title to The simplest solution to satisfy players who want 1v1 and bring unlimited new content: Make the pubic arena A LOT BIGGER.

Aren't you the thief that was in the duelling server the other day, but refused to fight because you wanted space. You then wanted my actual physical address and threatened violence to visit me and "kitten me up".

You wonder why my responses where unpleasant after that...

How about you learn to be a decent human being first, before making requests from the developers hmm?

Edited by Mack.3045
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

It should be bigger.
Also the "can't mount or glide" thing needs to be invisible to other players. These types of passives clutter boon bars and there is already enough unique effects that you need to sort through.

It needs to have a lot of Z-axis, objects to break LoS, and anti-teleport zones that way classes can have a much more fair time playing around each other's mechanics.

Edited by Daishi.6027
  • Like 2

Bigger 1vs1 map yes I am big fan, but it should be a good 1vs1 map. I like the current map, it has los, no port spots etc... But you need all of that stuff on a bigger map too and it needs some heavy resources. 

But yes I would Like to have it

• Like 2

• miifi.2150 changed the title to The simplest solution to satisfy players who want 1v1 and bring unlimited new content: Make the public arena A LOT BIGGER.

I wonder how hard it would be to make a headpiece, that when equipped, would flag (perhaps orange instead of red until combat has initiated) that player as attackable to any other player(s) wearing the same type of headpiece. Something like a Dueling headpiece, a FFA headpiece, or even a Server/World headpiece. Ok, jk about the last one, but you get the idea. Such a headpiece would be disabled in areas like Fractals, Raids, Dungeons, etc. But everywhere else should be fair game. Largest Arena ready to go.

7 hours ago, Jayce.5632 said:

I wonder how hard it would be to make a headpiece, that when equipped, would flag (perhaps orange instead of red until combat has initiated) that player as attackable to any other player(s) wearing the same type of headpiece. Something like a Dueling headpiece, a FFA headpiece, or even a Server/World headpiece. Ok, jk about the last one, but you get the idea. Such a headpiece would be disabled in areas like Fractals, Raids, Dungeons, etc. But everywhere else should be fair game. Largest Arena ready to go.

That would be the dream bro 😀 

PvP is pretty much unlimited content because it's always new, exciting and unpredictable. 

I wish ANET saw what we see 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1