Jump to content
  • Sign Up

LW Finale Cutscene


Recommended Posts

I think a major thing that is lacking with the finale that could improve things a bit is to create a cinematic at the end when the dragons battle it out and the aftermath. We need a movie comparable to LWS2 finale, LWS3 Finale, LWS4 finale, etc. show an epic movie style battle that lasts maybe 30 sec to a min. between the two dragons, and when they go poof, show the energy and how it goes into Aurene. Whatever magic passes through show where that is headed and tie it into the upcoming expansion! The way it ended was not finale quality cinematic. It seemed like it was transitioning into another LW episode where we have to wait another 2 months to see where this is headed. Anet please redo the end cinematics to be more dramatic keeping this in mind.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

I think a major thing that is lacking with the finale that could improve things a bit is to create a cinematic at the end when the dragons battle it out and the aftermath.

 

Has been suggested several times on the other threads, and yes, I agree that this would make the whole fight look less pathetic than it currently is. It could also answer a few open questions if the "aftermath" was added as well (Eir's bow, for instance).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Whatever magic passes through show where that is headed and tie it into the upcoming expansion! The way it ended was not finale quality cinematic.

I can't comment on the quality because I do not have the professional background to judge either way. However the devs do seem to have made some conscious decisions to depict where the magic is going.

 

Why is the energy a greenish teal when they are defeated? Why is the energy flowing upwards instead of through the ground and leylines like it has previously? Also what direction is the energy flowing as it floats away? Maybe I am reading too much into the visual choices but they seem to be pointing to something.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rrusse.7058 said:

I can't comment on the quality because I do not have the professional background to judge either way. However the devs do seem to have made some conscious decisions to depict where the magic is going.

 

Why is the energy a greenish teal when they are defeated? Why is the energy flowing upwards instead of through the ground and leylines like it has previously? Also what direction is the energy flowing as it floats away? Maybe I am reading too much into the visual choices but they seem to be pointing to something.

I also noticed that it does seem to go south. Cantha/Unending Ocean towards the DsD or some other magic sink would be the obvious guesses. The color looks like regular ley-magic to me, but could just be a mixture of Jormag/Primordus' respective energies.

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Poormany.4507 said:

I also noticed that it does seem to go south. Cantha/Unending Ocean towards the DsD or some other magic sink would be the obvious guesses. The color looks like regular ley-magic to me, but could just be a mixture of Jormag/Primordus' respective energies.

Yes! It is definitely moving upwards and south. Like I said, I could be reading into why it's that color or appears that way too much. It could just be a "Because it looks cool" sort of thing. The direction of travel is not a mistake though. Course we as players know the reason, but why that is the case in game we will have to see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 9:05 PM, rrusse.7058 said:

I can't comment on the quality because I do not have the professional background to judge either way. However the devs do seem to have made some conscious decisions to depict where the magic is going.

 

Why is the energy a greenish teal when they are defeated? Why is the energy flowing upwards instead of through the ground and leylines like it has previously? Also what direction is the energy flowing as it floats away? Maybe I am reading too much into the visual choices but they seem to be pointing to something.

I can't comment on the rest but the ley-lines were sealed off by Aurene, the magic had nowhere to go but into the atmosphere.

 

I do agree we need a better ending cinematic, like the other stories had.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...