Would you like a report response/action notification?

Report response/action notification yeyy or nayy  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be notified if the report you submitted has been judged and executed?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care coz I don't use report function

23 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/n3k9vh/i_just_saw_live_how_a_bunch_of_afkfarmersbotters/

Here, now you know there is action taken, so now there's no actual purpose for those pop-ups for you I guess. Right?

Think this gives me a little bit of peace... since anet take action against afkr's.. they'll definitely take action against verbal abusers and toxic ppl.. hope they do... thx for sharing that.. I read this post so i got peace of mind a little bit.. what about those who aren't involved in forums or reddit and they play the game and get negative experience? hope something's there to help them get back to the game instead of leaving the game after encountering repeated toxic ppl.. please note.. I didnt start this thread just to get peace of mind for myself.... 

hope that video isn't cgi tinkered or something.. video could be 2yr old video and they shared it now.. but I believe its real.. thx for sharing that

31 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/n3k9vh/i_just_saw_live_how_a_bunch_of_afkfarmersbotters/

Here, now you know there is action taken, so now there's no actual purpose for those pop-ups for you I guess. Right?

No Anet character near them. For all we know they could have just been logging off one-by-one.

• Haha 1

Just now, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

ur post causing me lose faith in anet... gives me a lil bit of doubt.. mannn.. why u have to do that?

I'm a WvW player. The WvW community lost faith in Anet years ago since they can't even admit that the alliance system isn't coming. In regards to reporting, we still see cheaters and hackers running around. It just gets to the point that we've accepted that nothing will be done because all they do is stay silent and no action is ever taken.

• Thanks 1

afaik, afk farmers aren't driving the gw2 population away.. its the toxic ppl .. but I can't say I encountered too many toxic ppl in gw2..  but encountering one when all year was happy and bliss, feels really vexing... .. like... when enjoying a nice delicious icecream, u get to bite on a sharp pin or something unpleasant...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

There are several reasons against this. just to name a few.
1: Actions taken are a private matter between a customer and arenanet. This is not a public proscecutor and a public trial by jury. Each of us ahve a legal binding agreement with arenanet. If I would breach this agreement by breaking some rules, this is a private matter between me and Arenanet.
2: Actions taken are a secret cause Arenanet does not want to share information about their methods to track misbehaviour. Bad people will do bad things and go beyond lenghts to avoid detection. Giving away too much information about how they detect them, would be harmfull.
3: responsetime is a secret. If you know it takes e.g. 2-3 hours, a bot programmed by a gold seller organisation would move to different (stolen) accounts once 90 minutes have passed.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Think this gives me a little bit of peace... since anet take action against afkr's.. they'll definitely take action against verbal abusers and toxic ppl.. hope they do... thx for sharing that.. I read this post so i got peace of mind a little bit.. what about those who aren't involved in forums or reddit and they play the game and get negative experience? hope something's there to help them get back to the game instead of leaving the game after encountering repeated toxic ppl.. please note.. I didnt start this thread just to get peace of mind for myself.... 

You forgot to respond to my post about your false accusation about me btw, but maybe I'll just take that as you taking that post back, eh? 😀

hope that video isn't cgi tinkered or something.. video could be 2yr old video and they shared it now.. but I believe its real.. thx for sharing that

...come on 😆

24 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

No Anet character near them. For all we know they could have just been logging off one-by-one.

They have been teleported before disappearing, keep your great theories to yourself.

• Confused 1

afaik, afk farmers aren't driving the gw2 population away.. its the toxic ppl .. but I can't say I encountered too many toxic ppl in gw2..  but encountering one when all year was happy and bliss, feels really vexing... .. like... when enjoying a nice delicious icecream, u get to bite on a sharp pin or something unpleasant...

You literally report, mute and move on. What's your issue with that? What do you need the pop-up for if not your -rather selfish/retaliatory- reasons?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I didn't vote because I haven't played in a while, so I'm not up to date on how bad the botter situation is.

If there is one, that I'm aware of.

When I do play, I tend to keep my self to myself, and do my own thing.

There have been times indeed that certain player's behavioural pattern seems a little odd and out of place.

However, it seems to be mostly for farming.

As I don't pvp, and only occasionally go wvw, we stay out of eachother's way, I suppose.

I'm guessing that pvp players must be fuming though!?

2 minutes ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

There are several reasons against this. just to name a few.
1: Actions taken are a private matter between a customer and arenanet. This is not a public proscecutor and a public trial by jury. Each of us ahve a legal binding agreement with arenanet. If I would breach this agreement by breaking some rules, this is a private matter between me and Arenanet.
2: Actions taken are a secret cause Arenanet does not want to share information about their methods to track misbehaviour. Bad people will do bad things and go beyond lenghts to avoid detection. Giving away too much information about how they detect them, would be harmfull.
3: responsetime is a secret. If you know it takes e.g. 2-3 hours, a bot programmed by a gold seller organisation would move to different (stolen) accounts once 90 minutes have passed.

the entire context of the thread is about toxic behavior, verbal abuser and inappropriate behavior in ingame-chat or ingame .. so the methods to track and secret info.. I did not ask for it nor do I emphasize on sharing them why did u even type your point(2 and 3)?

and your point (1) let it be private they dont have to tell which user has been taken action against... its just that we need anet to give us a sense of security thats all.. some guy posted a video link about anet gm banning afk farmers.. that gives peace.. but i dont ask that level of transparency.. I dont want to know the player names.. I dont even care if an afk farmer is banned or not..

maybe its my mistake.. I should have posted the entire body of the post in the post title.. ppl often post something before they even get the context of this thread...

39 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You literally report, mute and move on. What's your issue with that? What do you need the pop-up for if not your -rather selfish/retaliatory- reasons?

cmon.. ure beating the old bush again... why can't u be more imaginative...

eg: If I was raiding or fractaling or dungeoning in a grouped instanced content... and I've encountered a toxic person...

(story could be anything why he was toxic.... like.. A good player joined the lfg and confirmed and everyone mutually agreed for something and we started the content and during the middle of the content the future toxic guy violating the terms of agreement we made among ourselves and even performs poorly and dies so soon in the content and when checking his kp.me he's not even eligible to run that instanced content with us and noone blamed him for that nor anyone mentioned it in chat that he was a leecher who tries to get experienced players to do all the work for him and get all the rewards for him without any effort) now.. the good player even after realizing all that and noticing that 3 players out of 5 died in the first boss encounter, somehow graciously killed the first boss(and not gg and leave the instance rightaway) out of 3 bosses even when all the others in the party decided to violate the agreement and go ahead with that leecher's suggestion.... now after killing the first boss and giving the leecher his unearned reward, the good player did not say anything toxic in the chat and did not belittle anyone in the chat and politely said that since they all went with violating the agreement, it's only natural that the player is interested in leaving the party and left the party..... now what should the leecher do? be content with what he got and left the matter alone.... but he had the audacity to pm the player and type some verbal abuse and inappropriate language in chat...  even then the good player did not ever type any toxic words or inappropriate language in chat coz they know the cycle wont end

now all imagination's aside... to what you were saying... "rather selfish/retaliatory- reasons?" cmon.... why ? Sir, are u provoking me in forums? ure giving me mixed vibes here... what if the same toxic player using a different character joins the same party as the good player and talks kitty things about the good player in party chat? and a fellow leecher with him to back up his version of the story? what if the toxic player types toxic things in party chat the next day with some lame reasons(lame reasons could be anything u can blame someone for any insignificxant reason on group content)? and broadcast a negative image of the good player? even if the people find the reasons to be lame, these days the party is sometimes silent or idk any troll could catch the lead and continue on it for his pleasure.... so this will create mixed thoughts on the good player's mind... the player could feel entire gw2 player base is toxic... its one against the world or something... this badly affects the player's experience in teh game... imagine a new mmo player who googled and found out gw2 is a nice mmo to play and plays an mmo for the first time has to go thru this.....I know I know.. u don't have imagination... u dragged me to type such a lengthy post....

I'M NOT GONNA TYPE ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD.... I FEEL LIKE THIS THREAD IS A LOST CAUSE... WHATEVER DECISION ANET TAKES I DON'T CARE.... PPL WILL BE JERKS AS THEY ALWAYS DOES THEY FEEL LIKE ITS A FASHION THING AND FINDS PLEASURE IN IT... GOOD LUCK NEW PLAYERS HOPE ANET CONVINCE YOUR MIND TO STAY LONGER IN GAME OR U GROW A THICK SKIN AND BECOME NUMB AND LOSE YOUR EMPATHY AND LOSE YOUR FEELING AND BECOMEA MINDLESS ROBOT...

TOXICITY INCOMING... SUPRESS ALL EMOTIONAL MODULES ..... BECOME A ROCK OR NUMBSKULL

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Confused 1

@Crystal Paladin.3871

Cool name first of all.

I read most of your post, but I figured out what the situation is.

Unfortunately, in any MMO You're always going to get all kinds of people.

I'm going to be brief and offer you the same constructive advice I was offered by a few people here over a similar situation in fractals; which is, find yourself a good group of people ingame.

Either by making friends or joining several guilds that dedicate to fractals or otherwise.

I can appreciate your feelings, but losing it and quiting the game, just because of a very few people, makes no sense.

If you really enjoy the game, stick around and find yourself a group of friends.

Which server do you play in?

You could add me if you wish.

... or if you want someone really good, search for Cellofrag.

He's a real pro.

12 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

cmon.. ure beating the old bush again... why can't u be more imaginative...

eg: If I was raiding or fractaling or dungeoning in a grouped instanced content... and I've encountered a toxic person...

(story could be anything why he was toxic.... like.. A good player joined the lfg and confirmed and everyone mutually agreed for something and we started the content and during the middle of the content the future toxic guy violating the terms of agreement we made among ourselves and even performs poorly and dies so soon in the content and when checking his kp.me he's not even eligible to run that instanced content with us and noone blamed him for that nor anyone mentioned it in chat that he was a leecher who tries to get experienced players to do all the work for him and get all the rewards for him without any effort) now.. the good player even after realizing all that and noticing that 3 players out of 5 died in the first boss encounter, somehow graciously killed the first boss(and not gg and leave the instance rightaway) out of 3 bosses even when all the others in the party decided to violate the agreement and go ahead with that leecher's suggestion.... now after killing the first boss and giving the leecher his unearned reward, the good player did not say anything toxic in the chat and did not belittle anyone in the chat and politely said that since they all went with violating the agreement, it's only natural that the player is interested in leaving the party and left the party..... now what should the leecher do? be content with what he got and left the matter alone.... but he had the audacity to pm the player and type some verbal abuse and inappropriate language in chat...  even then the good player did not ever type any toxic words or inappropriate language in chat coz they know the cycle wont end

now all imagination's aside... to what you were saying... "rather selfish/retaliatory- reasons?" cmon.... why ? Sir, are u provoking me in forums? ure giving me mixed vibes here... what if the same toxic player using a different character joins the same party as the good player and talks kitty things about the good player in party chat? and a fellow leecher with him to back up his version of the story? what if the toxic player types toxic things in party chat the next day with some lame reasons(lame reasons could be anything u can blame someone for any insignificxant reason on group content)? and broadcast a negative image of the good player? even if the people find the reasons to be lame, these days the party is sometimes silent or idk any troll could catch the lead and continue on it for his pleasure.... so this will create mixed thoughts on the good player's mind... the player could feel entire gw2 player base is toxic... its one against the world or something... this badly affects the player's experience in teh game... imagine a new mmo player who googled and found out gw2 is a nice mmo to play and plays an mmo for the first time has to go thru this.....I know I know.. u don't have imagination... u dragged me to type such a lengthy post....

I'M NOT GONNA TYPE ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD.... I FEEL LIKE THIS THREAD IS A LOST CAUSE... WHATEVER DECISION ANET TAKES I DON'T CARE.... PPL WILL BE JERKS AS THEY ALWAYS DOES THEY FEEL LIKE ITS A FASHION THING AND FINDS PLEASURE IN IT... GOOD LUCK NEW PLAYERS HOPE ANET CONVINCE YOUR MIND TO STAY LONGER IN GAME OR U GROW A THICK SKIN AND BECOME NUMB AND LOSE YOUR EMPATHY AND LOSE YOUR FEELING AND BECOMEA MINDLESS ROBOT...

TOXICITY INCOMING... SUPRESS ALL EMOTIONAL MODULES ..... BECOME A ROCK OR NUMBSKULL

and this is the reason that block and move on is the best advice in such a situation and no amount of notifications or serving the inner justicar of players matters or helps.

You are absolutely exploding here over something which is near meaningless. You are literally putting yourself in a toxic state (and deliberately insulting most posters who took part in this discussion, should  your post get reported even if made in desperation, which does not excuse the tone? Do you see yourself as the "good" or "toxic" party in this situation?), running scenarios through your head which have not come to pass and if they did, it's once in a blue moon and if it's more often, then I'd highly advise taking a look at yourself and ponder on why one ends up in similar situations all the time.

Also your use of "good" and "toxic" paints a pure black and white picture. That's a very naive position to take because most situations are not as black and white, neither in this game, nor in real life. The saying "it often takes 2 to tango" expresses just that notion that most of the time, blame gets to go around to multiple parties involved.

The move on part is literally meant as: learn to let go and take your mind off it.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/6/2021 at 6:01 AM, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

If someone got attacked, his mind will be filled with either retaliation or terror ... Some will feel the need to retaliate... and the otherSome expect the attacker be not present the next time the victim tries to be in the same place at the same time... Since this is a game who knows what costume the hyena wears next time and under what name does it show up?

I think this is a bit of hyperbole since other than griefing groups in LFG, people can't do anything to you where you'd be worried to come back to the game. 

However, Anet WILL act against threats of violence in the chat window.