Let us hide trinket visual effects (Aurora, Vision, etc.)

We have several trinkets that have visual effects, but unlike back items, we still cannot hide visual effects for other trinkets. Especially with the armory coming up, Anet should finally add the ability to hide visual effects for all trinkets. Pretty purple bubbles flowing around on a dark and beastly character looks ridiculous.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 13

1 hour ago, BlueJin.4127 said:

We have several trinkets that have visual effects, but unlike back items, we still cannot hide visual effects for other trinkets. Especially with the armory coming up, Anet should finally add the ability to hide visual effects for all trinkets. Pretty purple bubbles flowing around on a dark and beastly character looks ridiculous.

THIS. I would love to see an option being implemented to hide visuals from trinkets!
Since i like the legendary armory and currently building those trinkets, i would like to use the armory for every char.

The problem would be that every char has a different design but all of them would've the trinket visiuals.
That is really annoying since it doesnt fit to a lot of those designs.

Therefore, pls make trinket visuals hideable!!!!

Would be very nice!

Greetings
Cypher

• Like 3

I tried to turn off my GW2 blimp trinket without luck. But then I pulled the upgrade out of it with a extractor and threw the upgrade in the bin.  The silly effects went away..  At least I can now use the necklace without all of that flashy stuff around it.

A-Net really have a thing for flashy stuff don't they?

Edited by Joote.4081

I'd like if they'd make Slumbering versions of all of the trinkets (like they did to the WvW/PvP legendary trinkets), so we could have a choice which ones we want to hide. I really love the utility of legendary gear and would love to add Vision and Coalescence to my collection but I hate the effect of having 2 or 3 of them.

Definitely think people should be able to disable the effects for other players on their screen too.

• Like 3

I feel like that will be almost mandatory as option once the Armory is released and those Trinkets will be shared on all characters. 

Having these same effects present on all characters regardless of theme, or having to theme all characters accordingly (or alt. not using the Trinkets/Armory) would be exceedingly dull. 

As more and more players strive for that convenience after the armory, seeing those floaty balls everywhere will truly be the final nail in the coffin of visual clarity and integrity for the game. 

Adding a checkbox to hide the effects like it's the case for helmets, backpieces, gloves, etc., can't be that outlandish.

Similarly, there already are options to disable the Unique Item sounds of other players, such as Legendary projectile effects. I don't see a reason to not extend that to visuals, including Trinkets, for others as well.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 3

A lot of the fights especially boss fights I have to literally turn my head away from the monitor to avoid getting blinded.  Not that it would be of any use if I could look at the monitor as I can't see the boss and I can't see my character.  Just a bright flashing white screen.  It's really bad.

Same with the Guardians shield effect and that white light ghost drop on you.  No wonder I have blood shot eyes these days.

Edited by Joote.4081
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Joote.4081 said:

A lot of the fights especially boss fights I have to literally turn my head away from the monitor to avoid getting blinded.  Not that it would be of any use if I could look at the monitor as I can't see the boss and I can't see my character.  Just a bright flashing white screen.  It's really bad.

Same with the Guardians shield effect and that white light ghost drop on you.  No wonder I have blood shot eyes these days.

Do you have effect LOD turned on?
Turning off post processing would also limit the amount of bloom effects.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2021 at 11:12 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

Do you have effect LOD turned on?
Turning off post processing would also limit the amount of bloom effects.

Never could work out that LOD effects setting.  It says in the tooltip, ' disables effects'  So do you tick it or untick it?  First reaction is to un-tick it, but going by the tooltip this turns the effects on.  Confusion says...

I have spent time with the video setting and to be honest most of them don't seem to do anything or at best they don't work.  Maybe they don't work with modern hardware who knows?  I can go from one extreme to the other and the difference is barely noticeable

I mean the game engine was invented just before the wheel. so no surprises there.  Good engine but old engine.

Edited by Joote.4081

I just learned that when you get 3 PVE legendary trinkets, there’s a painful flashing light that plays every time you draw your weapons... Sigh... Yet another flashing light that I can’t look at that can’ be turned off... Seriously, are you freaking kidding me with these flashing lights, Anet?

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1

Don't the dev's get it?  If they blind us all, we can't play the game, resulting in them all becoming unemployed.  It's in their interest to turn the lights off.  I know they have a kitten on for flashing blinding lights but they must learn to control their fetish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Without disable the effects on your own and on the other charactes the future of GW2 looks like this.

GW2 - Human/Mesmer - Transcendence - Conflux - Coalescence - Vision - Aurora (YouTube Video)

When Anet forces us to use the effects of the legendary trinket and the one's from the legendary armor (PvE) each character looks like the same and the view and feeling of GW2 will be boring.

Another point is that Anet can't sell skins in the Gem-Shop because they can't be used on the armors which are in the "Legendary Armory".

• Like 2