Is GW2 dead

29 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

You mix the concept casuals with newbies.

Its newbies who are overwhelmed with so much to do, they want to make a legendary, to do the smokescale mount grind work, yes, this is so much to do in their POV.

I play since 2012 beta, and I consider myself casual because I have a hard job and just can play 1 hour a day, and the weekends. I dont find the living season content rewarding  and I even ignore it, because it has all the same structure, the same dynamics I've played 1000 times in the past. 

I find the living world stuff rewarding because the rewards for the Season of Dragons is undeniably good. Working for exclusive black lion skins in game (something players have asked for for a long time), or mystic coins, or a precursor for a legendary weapon in the new expansion, or a 32 slot bag, or even a legendary amulet. You may think that this isn't something people are working on. Why not head over to Sandswept Isles and see what's going on. It's full on all day every  day.

Of course casuals don't play every day and can fall behind, and they're still working on previous zones.

18 hours ago, bLind.6278 said:

GW2 sPvP is dead, yes. 60% bots below 1300 or so. Maybe 400-600 total active players in the entire country. A complete lack of a developer team for sPvP.

Very dead.

Dungeons and raids dead too. That leaves open world PvE and fractals. WvW isn't much better than PvP game modes either, and there are players using cooldown cheats and all kinds of funky sketchy things to get past T3 walls without ever needing to break a gate or wall. The lack of support in these game modes causes a ton of frustration for the players who are trying to enjoy it.

For instance, in WvW my guild has videos of players jumping over T3 gates, then porting in their whole zerg. No siege required-- just a nifty cooldown hack to allow a triple jump, or a teleportation hack to suddenly appear on the walls or in control zones (lord ring in a keep for instance).

It's a mess.

18 hours ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

I’ve also been playing for a month and disagree with everything you said. I am loving this game. Maybe it’s just not the game for you. 

Well kudos to you! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've had my moments during the leveling process to 80 that I really enjoyed. If you disagree about dungeons, raids, and class imbalance I think you've just not varied your gameplay enough. These things are a fact, not an opinion. I think that this game could be much better if a few key things were resolved.  Anyway, happy gaming o/

On 9/4/2021 at 4:03 AM, Mahou.3924 said:

People troll all the time with "x is dead". *insert MMO name*, pc gaming, console gaming, *insert game mode*. Pick your favorite.

For our next topic of discussion: "Is DEATH dead?"

Now excuse me while I go kill more pixelated monsters and fill up those little hearts and stuff on the map.

Edited by Dralnalak.4150
  • Haha 2