Follow Up to May 11 Balance Preview

6 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Actually, while it might have been true of this game originally, in the pre-HoT era, it's not as simple anymore. Since then, Anet did add several times some especs or build options that were clearly geared towards specific role (and no, i don't mean dps).

Druid elite spec was created for a heal/support role. It was not just a case of "thematics" - it was that Anet felt at that time that raids will need dedicated healers, so they introduced those. And not only Druid, btw, because Ventrari legend and traitline are also made with healer role in mind.

Scourge has also been nerfed a number of times with an explanation that it should not have a high dps, because it is a support spec. That's (again) a role, not a thematics.

Let's be clear ... Anet gave Druid elite specs healing skills and Scourge is very 'supporty'. That doesn't mean Anet designs the game content around class roles. Sure, Anet blurred this difference with these focuses ... but the fact remains that Anet has provided especs with certain tendencies towards 'roles' like healing or support because people like playing that way, not because we have encounters that dictate they are needed. 

So when Jski says things like "All classes should be able to play all rolls", that's just his opinion of how the game should work, spoken like it's a fundamental rule of game design that Anet is breaking because of how they make class changes he doesn't like. 

In all honesty, I have no doubt that as we get more elite specs, that's exactly what we will see ... every class filling the traditional roles of DPS, Support, Healing/Sustain ... but I have no doubt the game content will continue to be built so that people can continue to play how they want without need for a 'tank' or 'healer' to be successful. If that's the case, then no, we don't need every class to play all roles ... but it's someone that we will likely get because it's aligned to how people like to play. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Let's be clear ... Anet gave Druid elite specs healing skills and Scourge is very 'supporty'. That doesn't mean Anet designs the game content around class roles. Sure, Anet blurred this difference with these focuses ... but the fact remains that Anet has provided especs with certain tendencies towards 'roles' like healing or support because people like playing that way, not because we have encounters that dictate they are needed. 

So when Jski says things like "All classes should be able to play all rolls", that's just his opinion of how the game should work, spoken like it's a fundamental rule of game design that Anet is breaking because of how they make class changes he doesn't like. 

Oh, i don;t agree with Jski's ideas of making the game even more unbalanced than it already is. I just pointed out to you that nowadays Anet sometimes (even if not always, or even usually) does design things with roles in minds.

9 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Yep... They still realty hate the ele class seeing how they did nothing for it today 5/25/20 update.

I suggest you look beyond just info about ele. I specifically would like to point you towards the nerfs the condition mirage, renegade and deadeye just received.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I suggest you look beyond just info about ele. I specifically would like to point you towards the nerfs the condition mirage, renegade and deadeye just received.

I get what your saying there but it not a big enofe nerf to make up for a non update of the ele class over the last years +. This update is AFTER the massive feed back from nearly every one saying "you did nothing for the ele class" and the massive amount of saying power creep for other classes. It did not have to be a lot they just have to acknowledges that the class is still there in the game there was nearly nothing for the 11 update and now nothing for the 25 update. The class is not even close to being balanced vs other class in any game type.

Added note they did not nerf FB that may of been more important then any thing else here as that is the class to beat for dps and non state support.

Edited by Jski.6180
  • Confused 6

24 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

I get what your saying there but it not a big enofe nerf to make up for a non update of the ele class over the last years +. This update is AFTER the massive feed back from nearly every one saying "you did nothing for the ele class" and the massive amount of saying power creep for other classes. It did not have to be a lot they just have to acknowledges that the class is still there in the game there was nearly nothing for the 11 update and now nothing for the 25 update. The class is not even close to being balanced vs other class in any game type.

Nice ... so you got a nice little case of schadenfreude going there. You're unhappy with ele ... so share the pain ay? 

Just another case of you not understanding the game ... there is no need for ele to be "balanced vs other classes" (whatever that means). If you want to play optimal classes, choose properly. If you want to play how you want ... nothing stops you. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

9 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Only the two golden child classes got buffs today while everyone else got nerfs, did you really want to be on todays list? 🤭

TRUE hehe still need to point out the lack of any thing though after a year + of nothingness. I was kind of hopping for auras to get a slight buff after seeing what now light aura dose makes all of the "ele auras" feel pointless. Or at least buff bleeding the forgotten condi of the ele class.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

TRUE hehe still need to point out the lack of any thing though after a year + of nothingness. I was kind of hopping for auras to get a slight buff after seeing what now light aura dose makes all of the "ele auras" feel pointless. Or at least buff bleeding the forgotten condi of the ele class.

Hey I did once use a bleeding build posted every after a week Arena.NET decided to nerf bleeding heavily. So good luck with that 

About the other stuff Arena.NET really seems madly in love with their cFB buffing the top dps build(for fractals) again. Hey I mean even the rota from Scourge is more complicated then cFB at least when you try to get top results.

Has somebody links to the newest memes about this ? xD

• Like 1