Follow Up to May 11 Balance Preview

I don't feel like reading through 6 pages, but about Ranger Clarion Bond...why can't it apply on pet swap again? The WH version should be 2 sec and trait version 1 sec.

This is in line with the 1 sec Daze that Staff provides on weapon swap (Primal Echoes).  Yes, Clarion Bond would give 1s more of Daze because it can apply to more than just one pet (as Primal Echoes only triggers on swap to Staff), but is that really game breaking?   

I mean, if you're worried about Druids we won't be taking Marksmanship any time soon.  I don't think immobeast is strong enough to warrant not putting it on pet swap, I mean you have to be in range anyway; if worried about SB burst off it (essentially Maul or Worldly Impact), then just make it not apply to going in and out of beast mode.  We know you can do that as plenty of things don't trigger when going in and out of beastmode lol.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Xeon.5768 said:

The changes in the May 11th patch is mostly for pve about rangers. For wvw and pvp, it already received a series of historic nerf on its single target burst potential.

On the other hand, some squads in wvw just refuse to accept rangers, because there is rly not much benefit rangers can bring to the squad in the zerging situation, which happens most frequently in wvw, either it is 50 vs 50, or 3 vs 3. Soulbeast or druid has very bad areal cleave potential, making it the bottom dps pick for mid to large fights.

If you’re talking about tryharding FB + necro then yea that comp is pretty much unbeatable. Most people don’t run around in a comp group tho. Roamer parties of size 2-5 tend to play self sustaining builds that don’t need a support to stay alive or a dps to deal dmg cus they don’t wanna rely on that. And for those groups ranger is a solid choice. Same with thief, holo, a properly built warrior, guardian etc.

@Fire Attunement.9835

For me, the bigger shift is the torment condition.  Actual torment until the next update is a dps condition perfect for squishy professions and dps builds.  Those that keep kiting with their enemies running to hit and catch them. But after the next update, outside PvE Raid where it'll be more effective against static bosses,  it will be more a tank/bruiser condition. As it will be more effective against static enemies  and you cannot CC the majority of time so you'll have to mitigate their damage while fighting with them because they are only static when they are already attacking and usually hitting you in PvE and almost never in WvW/PvP.

The new torment seems or fits more a necromancer and revenant condition with enough sustain or damage mitigation. It does not seems to synergy anymore with the Mirage that need to keep moving and be kitting  all the time to survive with the enemies moving to attack/catch him.  Its main weapon, the axe, relies a lot on torment and will suffer a big negative impact in WvW and PvP where it only has a single dodge and enemies are in movement almost all the time.

The new torment also doesn't seem to  be desirable for ranged weapons (with the Raid exception).  I need to watch the final skills of the mesmer staff.  But for now it seems that it will be too weak if not used by a Mirage with the extra ambush skill.  Also not sure about the AoE bounce dps with confusion and losing the burn despite the 25% increased speed of the orbs. The Sevenshots skill of the Renagade shortbow will also lose a lot potential. I loved it as an opener in pve to clean/kill enemies running to you and also in competitive modes with all people moving almost all time.  The wow factor of that skill will be lost and the short bow a weaker weapon in general due to that. At least for me.

People talk a lot about the PvE impact, but this change make the torment a lot weaker in competitive modes where enemies keep moving all the time and will not change the fact that when you suffer hard CC or imobilization enough time without break/remove it asap, you will normally die anyways with or without torment. I have my doubts if this change was done due to PvE and not due to PvP/WvW...  I think that real reason of this change lies behind PvP.  But nothing has been mentioned about bring back the second dodge to the Mirage, so i asume that it will not happen. Right?

I also believe that a lot of players could end ignoring Mallyx and Corruption from revenants after the last changes.  The new resistance plus the nerf in condition damage  to the Corruption trait line make it a lot less appealing and desirable than before and Pain Absorption from demon stance will still not nice to use in all game modes and some times lethal to you. I see players searching for alternatives, we will see how all ends. After the update i have some in mind that should work with hybrid builds and be more effective ignoring both.  Although  i will compare and test builds with and without them.

Well, few days to start the odyssey of rebuild and adapt several of my characters/professions... again.  I like do it and find new builds. But not that much when i'm sure that some will end not being as effective and fun that those i already play.  

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Like 3

On 5/5/2021 at 11:24 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Revenant
Corruption

• Invoke Torment: Torment stacks applied reduced from 2 to 1 in PvE only. This matches the number of stacks applied in PvP and WvW.
  • Diabolic Inferno: Poison and Burning stacks applied reduced from 2 to 1 in PvE only. This matches the number of stacks applied in PvP and WvW.

Mace

•  Anguish Swipe: Reduce Torment duration from 5s to 3s in PvE only.
  • Misery Swipe: Reduce Torment duration from 5s to 3s in PvE only.

All i see is a Core Rev & Condi Herald PvE-Nerf. Nerf the shortbow to specifically target the renegades insane damage.

• Like 1

Revenant
Mallyx and Corruption are gonna need a whole rework with the upcoming changes to resistance.

Suggestions:
Empowering Misery: remove conditions first, then heal; heal for more for each condition removed.
Pain Absorption: transfer only non-damaging conditions? Given this is Mallyx's only stunbreak, this skill will be lethal to use if damaging conditions are transferred to the revenant (especially if Mallyx heal has already been used).
Embrace the Darkness: bring back the condition transfer; revenants could then gain a second option to transfer conditions if they're not running permeating pestilence, or they are but they're not swapping legends.

Mesmer
It's been said already, but the bonuses from charging a mantra are way too good to lose; I'd make the bonuses only granted on the first use.

Warrior
Ironically, nerfing banners won't make warriors drop Discipline. Move doubled standards to Tactics so warriors don't have to run Discipline for this trait as is. The light field change would be perfect if warriors also kept their blast finishers, so a banner can self-combo for area condition cleanse.

Thief
The trickery changes are nice; my only suggestions are these:
Bountiful Theft: transfer the ENTIRE duration of boons and also transfers stacks of boons. Go even further and make it swap places with Quick Pockets; this trait doesn't hold up at all for a grandmaster trait; gaining 2-3 initiative upon swapping weapons depending on the game mode doesn't justify its spot in the grandmaster section.

Confusion does make sense for thief since they have stealth attacks and hard CC; instead of removing the only source of it, add confusion elsewhere.
Rending Shade could benefit from it; it's natural for someone to be fearful and confused why they got hit out of nowhere. Suggestions: 
10 stacks of confusion for 8 seconds + fear in the case of boonless foes.
Pressure Striking applying 2 stacks of confusion for 8 seconds along with the torment.
Stealth attacks could also do confusion as well; it makes sense since you'd have no idea who's there and you'd be confused the moment you got hit.

• Like 1

I know underwater combat isn't a major priority, but it continues to concern me seeing build for classes which open up certain roles, without functioning at all underwater. Seeing mirage staff ambush now grant alacrity is amazing, but it seems like trident should also do the same, as staff traits already affect trident, and it has similar boon application with its attack chain.

If we see concentration builds on Mirage, it would be a shame for one of our major stat investments (concentration) become nearly useless the second out feet touch the water. We already have an issue with many support builds not functioning underwater due to missing weapons or utilities (no ranger healing weapon, ele water skills don't heal underwater, etc.), and I'd rather not see another role be unavailable in this content, forcing someone else in the player's party to take the role of applying alacrity, or necessitating them swapping toons. In the case of the mirage, this could be resolved by applying a similar change to trident ambush as staff ambush is getting.

On 5/5/2021 at 6:09 PM, Lizardguard.2860 said:

I don´t see why everyone is having issues with the quickness duration on scrapper. If you´re running wells and a bit of boon duration, you have no trouble upkeeping quickness. Remember that the healwell gives superspeed on cast as well (if you wanna run it, its not even necessary, you could run the med kit and still upkeep quickness...) and some toolbelts give superspeed too.
As long as you keep spamming stuff, you should have no issue there.

Anyway, i guess we´ll see that soon enough.
My Scrapper is so ready for raids ^^

I also want to point out that Heal Scrappers currently do, also, have a powerful but small niche in pve. It's a little bit like boon thief, where it's only strong in very specific encounters. While in any encounter  with enough chill/slowness, they can provide both permanent alacrity and quickness to a group. One place this works especially well is during the Deathbranded Shatterer fight, where the boss consistently pulses out slow, chill, and torment, converting into full alacrity, quickness, and might application.

If more encounters like this are added to the game in non-openworld fights, this niche could give it more space to prosper. Having built-in quickness added to it's kit in the patch will help fill in any potential downtime, with bosses being stunned etc. To make Scrapper feel more different to Healbrand, increased quickness/alacrity/protection duration (in pve only, I know it's already too strong in wvw) could make it even stronger in the right encounters. I know most people would hate this, but I would've loved to see a strike during the Icebrood Saga which had permeant pulsing chills applied to everyone for a significant segment; it would spice up rotations and builds a lot.

btw how about turn mantra of pain into mantra of anti-pain and make it more defensive by making it give resolution/ resistence to the mes and teammates for a balanced duration instead the too offensive not interupt needing might/ vuln stacks which enable nonreactive  oneshot playstyle too much and would be even more critical with the lost counterplay from the active mantra recharge deletion, esp when you compensate the lost recharge bonus with buffing the ammo charges into the same offensive oneshottyish direction, what would be horrible for pvp...?

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 1

As many others have been stating making the claim "Chronomancer has been steeply overperforming in a damage role in all content" is beyond just a simple lie,  it a slap in the face to Mesmer players and for many of us that know better. This statement needs to be changed to Raids and fractals or just straight up state this is a PVE BALANCE PATCH.

If Chronomance is so  "steeply overperforming in ALL content" areas WHY is it not seen in pvp, both unraked  and ranked (unless troll or messing around with friends)? Why is it only used as a rez bot in WVW and then shattered into butterflies and no longer seen? All of us know the answer, but based on the statement you've choose to use it appears you (Anet) still do not, and it is disappointing to see.

It would be nice to see Chronomance get a boost in damage either by buffing its shatters, through trait changes (as many others have mentioned, and some one had a great concept of having Chronophantasma spawn two phantasmas instead of what it currently does), or give back the damage to gravity well as well as any other elite skills from other classes that lost it's damage due to the CC damage nerf (it is an elite skill for a reason, right?).

Again it seems instead of nerfing one or two areas at a time you nerf several areas that synergize off of each other. This then causes the nerf(s) to be way more drastic then what it appears to be on paper.  As nerfing one area may be just enough to bring something inline rather then nerfing every single contributing aspect and thus making it unsalable.

Question:

Why is it that condi damage and duration (as well as the damage multiplier) is different depending on what applies the condi? I image this makes balancing condies extremely difficult to do, as depending on what class, ability, skill,  and/or trait that is applying the condi affects the damage and duration. Why not just have the same damage, duration, and multiplier for each condi and then make a different baseline depending on the class (sorta like how each class has a different base health pool)? I believe this is why we see specific condies overperforming (on top of each classes application ability) on some classes and then underperforming on others, as there is on specified baseline and no consistency in the damage as there is no consistency in how the damage is being generated. 

Edited by Jojo.6590
Grammar
  • Like 4

This is the first time I ever comment here since I play GW2, just to share my frustration.

Buff friggin tempest traits, you've ruined Elementalist so much, it's a so called "complex" class to play which should be rewarding, but it's not, you keep taking away and taking away from nearly every Elementalist build that now fireweaver is the only thing left that doesn't involve high risk with mediocre reward play. Tempest is just pathetic now, and Lightning rod and Fresh Air are high skill cap builds that are now only high risk, but the reward is barely worth it anymore, for what? It's starting to get to the point where ur almost playing a thief without stealth or revenant without sustain by now.

Why do you keep making easy to play classes stronger than classes that require a lot of skill, you keep making Elementalist less and less rewarding to play, in fact you ruined almost every Elementalist build to the point that fireweaver is now the only build that is kinda worth it, besides maybe lightning rod (which is by now also just high risk build). 

I loved to play Tempest, it was my main for long. But you just make it almost pointless to play, and as for lightning rod, why would someone put in all the effort and skills in playing complex build that have to run on 13k hp to do good damage with no sustain, which other easy classes can do the same damage with double the sustain, with easier rotations, how does this make sense? In no game should easy builds be more rewarding over high skill cap builds.

Tempest is the only support build that is squishy, unlike guardian or scourge, its stupid, after holding on for so long to my favorite builds I now switched to fireweaver, because it's the only thing left that has decent sustain while having decent damage.

Do you guys even play Elementalist? Because it seems like anet has no idea about what they are doing with the class, have you ever compared tempest to scourge or core guardian, its just pathetic, it's just pointless to play tempest at this point besides playing it for fun, Tempest support was alright before, with Mender's it was quite, alright, it was solid in hands of a good player, but even then it was far outshined by core guardian in every way, now it's just weak.

Thank you for making what is supposed to be the most versatile class so limited in options >_<

Edited by AoiKazumi.9652
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jojo.6590 said:

it a slap in the face to Mesmer players and for many of us that know better. This statement needs to be changed to Raids and fractals 

Small correction; Not even fractals, playing chrono is basically griefing in those due to how slow it is at doing stuff Fractals want. and support role is just way too clunky compared to competition. 

• Like 5

The upcoming patch on 11th will buff condi pretty much on everything but doesn't touch anything on Soulbeast?

The best soulbeast condi damage builds are estim benched to do 25%-30% less than the renegade, which is a lot.

Even at the moment (before 11th) renegade is better than soulbeast, regarding condi dps.

Keep a note that One Wolf Pack will have its cooldown increased from 60 to 80 sec (in PVE), which is also a nerf.

And the 3% increase of Furious Strength adds so little buff to a full viper condi slb that it won't be noticeable at all.

Imo either Furious Strength or Oppressive Superiority, or both, should increase the condi damage also.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Acyk.9671 said:

Engi

Still no nerf to scrapper's ability to convert so many conditions to boons? 1sec ICD to PoP or gyros?

What do you mean with 1 second ICD on gyros?

And putting an 1s ICD on purity of  purpose would make it trash tier, you can just delete the trait at this point then.

12 hours ago, Jojo.6590 said:

As many others have been stating making the claim "Chronomancer has been steeply overperforming in a damage role in all content" is beyond just a simple lie,  it a slap in the face to Mesmer players

To be fair they are dead wrong in at least 50% of the statement they give to the professions.

- Chrono, elementalist and berserker all have the right to be infuriated about what is said in those statements.

- Scrapper take a "free meal" statement where somehow he deserve offensive boons on top of being a healer all of a sudden (I mean what about scourge or tempest healers if scrapper deserve such a thing?).

- Guardian "has always been a powerful and flexible profession" for people who have a short memory maybe.

- "Necromancer is not in need of major change" (lol).

- "Ranger is a potent damage dealer" yet not quite at the top of the dps meter (let's be fair, it might have appeared to be the case a year ago).

- Thief having the least build diversity in PvE is also quite a funny statement (especially since they nerf some of their meta builds).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

- "Necromancer is not in need of major change" (lol).

Versatile, because playing 2 same wells and a signet of never press to hope on dealing any sort of competitive damage is mega flexible on Reaper's part. So is dealing less damage than other DPS options both due to Shroud being tied to your dps (and then arena ticks/unavoidable damage punishes you for existing), gimping you on several occasions to add more flexibility of use. At least Scourge gets a bit of a lift, if not half-forgotten - remember how it has a +conc minor, yet 0 boons besides might to actually apply? Yeah, wouldn't blame anyone for not remembering either, seeing how the whole "support" side of this spec is just ignored. 

And the thief thing is the most backwards thing ever. "Not enough builds, so let us clear this one out and make it only viable on Kenut, because there's totally a point in running a BT if it's 5man, just take a better (actual) boonclass to carry the rest of the squad!". Chrono one is just bleh, but as a former mesmer main I'm used to them saying me playing the only options left after nerfs to everything around Mirage is "degenerate" and "mesmer tends to attract people of lower skill" (lol), so I'm not shook by that one. Chrono's just not going to be a truly good and universally functional DPS class until it has reliance on Slow and Chronophantasma making it a weird "condition class of power classes" with the whole ramp-up deal and shatter slowdown. As far as competitive modes go, might as well not be there atm. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 7:43 PM, Xeon.5768 said:

You raised a good point. I have to agree on what some other players mentioning about guardian being the real love son of Anet, because the changes I see in the upcoming May 11th patch does a light touch on Dragonhunter while nerfing other pwr dps classes much harder. Dragonhunter is one of the strongest class ever in any high-end groups, achieving top 1 dps in many situations (

The decision of increasing exposed state condi dmg bonus from 50% to 100% is even making the condi Firebrand class even more overpowered.

Quoting my original post "At the current patch, with a little effortless precast of Ashes of the Just (like 4 stacks pre-fight) at the mistlock, a single cFB (with no other FBs) can easily burst up to 90k on bosses like skorv in CM99 for example. This class is particularly favored in pugs, and can beat any other pwr classes in DPS, when the CC bar is slowly broken (which is mostly the case in daily pugs). In general T4 fractals, this class is even more overpowered on almost all the mini or main bosses (especially when there are a lot of adds to refresh tome 1), where the sustained burning dmg is just insane that no other pwr classes can catch up with it! "

This follow-up note regarding the rework of Ashes of the Just is still considered minimal to me, as compared to the 50% exposed state bonus increase from 50% to 100%. As a result, it is likely to encourage a new homogeneous comp (4 FBs + ren) inside the fractals, making its DPS opener easily hit 120-160k on many bosses, with a little precasting effort at the mistlock.

Tbh all of the pwr classes can only get good opener with some serious working on precast of skills before entering combat, and plus the good organization of the group (i.e. static) about when to activate the boss or to take the portal. A little attempt of condi firebrand leading to high dps just does not make sense to me in terms of the efforts one should make to achieve the same standard as other pwr classes do.

The above might sound salty about guardian class, but as a player who has played all the meta and off-meta classes recommended on Discretize EU, I just feel I should step up to have some sayings here.  I believe not only myself but many other players enjoy the process of learning and mastering classes ultimately for different encounters. Making a braindead class having high DPS burst just does not encourage anyone to keep trying and improving. 

Condition firebrand has been overpowered for years ever since the fractals were released. The release of CM100 just encourages much more players to get onto it, making a new homogeneous comp, such as 5 FBs in CM100 light phase (

).

I expect this may happen in the future, if you do not take this class seriously @Fire Attunement.9835

My take on this is cc is an issues in fractal pugs rev and bs are usually the one which should mainly do  + HFB if you have one.  Since Berserker warrior became so good if you have a BS more then often he/she ignores the role and go full DPS and then rev alone can't do it . I play outside of 100 cm ele i can't do much cc even if I want and even when I can it is easy to screw up my rota.

The other probleme id when you have cFB with you currently he/she doesn't do cc too because they know they do more dps this way . With all the changes I expect this to be the other way around. This is just a bad joke

38 minutes ago, Atille.5047 said:

Versatile, because playing 2 same wells and a signet of never press to hope on dealing any sort of competitive damage is mega flexible on Reaper's part. So is dealing less damage than other DPS options both due to Shroud being tied to your dps (and then arena ticks/unavoidable damage punishes you for existing), gimping you on several occasions to add more flexibility of use. At least Scourge gets a bit of a lift, if not half-forgotten - remember how it has a +conc minor, yet 0 boons besides might to actually apply? Yeah, wouldn't blame anyone for not remembering either, seeing how the whole "support" side of this spec is just ignored.

Objectively, the PvE necromancer gain a lot from this patch, having it's reaper and scourge's condi builds potential both reaching the sweetspot of 34-35k dps (estimated by snowcrow in a post on this forum).

As a support, Scourge can make use of concentration for might (the obvious), regeneration (mark of blood/mark of evasion), protection (Spectral ring) and potentially swiftness/stab (trail of anguish). On top of that well of power and nefarious favor can grant any boon (problem being the "reliability" due to PvE outgoing condition design being extremly poor).

The reason I think the necromancer need major change is because it rely on mechanism like boon convertion and condition management that perform poorly in PvE (and it's especially true against defiant foes). The issue with the way ANet "fixed" the necromancer's condition damages here is that in the end it's a gamewide change and thus it does not fix the root of the issue.

A rework of the way barrier work is also long overdue, as it is it still promote class stacking despite ANet's devs poor bandaid fixs.

Lich form also still need to be very seriously looked at. Ideally, they just get rid of it and give us something less OP but more useful.

I'll avoid going into the various broken traits that need balance.

Still, for someone that don't really care about anything but the result, this patch is a very rewarding patch for the PvE necromancer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Objectively, the PvE necromancer gain a lot from this patch, having it's reaper and scourge's condi builds potential both reaching the sweetspot of 34-35k dps (estimated by snowcrow in a post on this forum).

condition scourge might reach this but condition reaper will not.

Condition reaper will see a mild increase from the little bits of torment you throw out with scepter and a slightly larger overall increase to the soul barbs trait now adding damage to conditions.

Ive never been able to bench more than 27k  roughly on my condi reaper setup (safe number for an above average player not a min maxed elitist) so overall you might see a 28-30k condi reaper if you know a proper rotation and have good boon uptimes from your supports which is 100% required for condition reaper unlike its power counterpart.  I think even if you min maxed a condi reaper setup you wont see anything more than 32k at best and lord knows average players wont be hitting those numbers. Ive been playing condi reaper in raids a good bit lately (before the changes will announced)  and in some fights it does perform surprising well, but power will always be miles ahead of it. I dont think a10% from soul barbs and an extra bleed stack from barbed precision increase is going to push it into the 35k range. Even if it does that wont be something most players can achieve realistically 

Scourge on the other hand is going to see a large increase in overall damage as its main source of damage is torment so I could believe that scourge might easily do 30k plus numbers after the changes.

The reason I think the necromancer need major change is because it rely on mechanism like boon convertion and condition management that perform poorly in PvE (and it's especially true against defiant foes). The issue with the way ANet "fixed" the necromancer's condition damages here is that in the end it's a gamewide change and thus it does not fix the root of the issue.

Yes this is true but anet is starting to add more boons on to AI foes now that in some end game content other classes are not effectively able to handle. I think we should wait and see what kind of content we get with EoD before demanding changes here. I would rather anet not just make rash changes at this point. Necro is fairly stable and flexible while it is limited in roles of say dps or off support its still easy to use in those situations. Last thing I want to see is half of necro ripped apart in a negative way because "boon conversion" is not as relevant in pve... while at the same time its super dependent upon it in pvp. The better solution is to rework pve AI content going forward not change the necromancer.

A rework of the way barrier work is also long overdue, as it is it still promote class stacking despite ANet's devs poor bandaid fixs.

LOL whut? When? Last time I looked the issue was firebrand stacking (fractals) and chronomancer stacking (raids). When have you ever seen scourge stacking for barrier? While I agree its possible that the current functionality of barrier could promote the idea of stacking scourge its not something that happens on the regular if hardly at all. 

Lich form also still need to be very seriously looked at. Ideally, they just get rid of it and give us something less OP but more useful.

First of all from a pve stand point lich is hardly op the  autos on the hands in pve deal less damage than me using  reaper form autos. Only in pvp will you see lich being blasted out for being OP.  So lets hold that though before you go asking for something "less op" but "more useful." If you want "more useful" lets start with the golem and almost any other minion and making them less passive and more active tools like they are doing with mantras. 

Lich could be nerfed but then it itself becomes effectively useless it is the only current power elite skill for necromancer too.

Chill to the bone is pure cc utility

Golem is passive damage and cc utility

Scourge elite and plaugelands are both strong condition based elites.

Lich is the only power damage elite. 

Ideally I agree lich is unbalanced (particularly in pvp) however I will not accept the idea that we must gain something less effective in power damage for it to be useful. This will only lead to a subpar elite. Likely just another cc elite which we do not need.

Lich 2-5 are outdated and underwhelming so its not a big surprise that the most annoything thing people complain about is the damage being frontloaded on to skill 1.

I'll avoid going into the various broken traits that need balance.

Im curious to know what traits you think are broken in comparison to some of the other traits other light armor professions have. I can think of one trait right now that they are buffing that might be broken, blood bank, but even that is basically a scourge only trait sitting in the blood magic line. I highly doubt you will ever seen core or reapers running around with that trait which is the reason they are trying to buff it. In its current state its not usable on anything other than scourge and even after the buffs it likely still will be a scourge only case.  It simply shouldn't be in the blood magic line at all. It was a horrible choice to take the well trait in exchange for that. Most other traits are pretty fine as the are and any other broken traits are the ones that are broken because they are effectively useless, for example,  spiteful Renewal with a 5s icd as if necro has a heal mantra with multiple charges or something....

Still, for someone that don't really care about anything but the result, this patch is a very rewarding patch for the PvE necromancer.

It rewarding  for scourge mains only really.

Reaper hardly cares, condition reaper sees a minor buff which most people still wont play. For power nothing changes.

Core wont really matter cause it still wont be strong enough end game fractal or raid content 

Warrior needs more attention Anet and this patch doesn't address a few basic things:

Doubled Standards needs to be swapped with Warrior's Cunning- You guys outlie how banner warriors shouldn't rely on Discipline and yet that trait is still stuck in the Discipline trait line. Swapping these two traits will free up banner warriors as you intended and give a more versatile option for dps warriors (like SB's) in Discipline.

Sun and Moon style should be reworked to +5% dmg with mainhand dagger and +10% dmg with no boons- The patch indicated that you want to see SB have more dps which is a good change, and yet this reworked trait is hopeless in PvP. Even with boonstripping this trait will be ineffective as boons are handed out like Halloween candy. Giving the mainhand dagger a +5% will help make up for the dps, with still more incentive to strip boons to unexpectedly double it.

Last Stand and Defy Pain are still unplayable awkward traits- I know that there's a lot being changed in this patch and that's a lot on your plate, but these traits have been unaddressed for over a year and make the Defense Line feel lackluster as a result. Doing something, anything with these traits would help significantly in PvP.

Healing Signet, Berzerker Stance, and Revenge Counter are all being nerfed without any duration increases to Resistance-  What's the intention here?? None of these skills needed nerfs and yet with the Resistance change conditions will now hit us much harder than before. Imminent Threat can't be viably used in PvP without a buff, and like I said earlier the Defense trait line is very awkward to play in PvP. So using Hardened Armor will be the only change that gets Resolution that we can use. Every other skill that originally used Resistance will now be unsubtly nerfed, making condi unbearable.

Please look into at least some of these changes for Warrior as not all Warrior mains want to meme with Rifles all the time.

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Like 1

Something that been bugging me for some time and i posted about it a few times that i would love to see get looked at for both pve and pve is the refrigeration boon. Right now the tick that trigger is base off of whom had the stronger healing power not the strongest tick of reg. So ppl who go for out going healing miss out on applying stronger heals as well as skill that are stronger healing per tick though reg also get coved over by lesser reg effects.

Could you please set reg to always let the strongest tick get priority on healing trick of reg?