Piken Square WvW

12 hours ago, Terrier.8732 said:

Well, that is what happens when people/guilds jump servers every re-link to produce lop-sided, stacked populations. These people are not interested in "fair fights" or a distribution of skill. As long as this continues to happen, the gameplay will not improve. The irony of people complaining about the very thing they create! Imagine that! It's not all on ANet.

the thing is, i know you mostly again talk about the WSR guilds. but those are not the issue in the end. a lot of other servers are by now also stacked with stronger guilds, but the ppt and population within those heavily varies, leading to those rarely to never be paired against. surely, the feel grossly overpowered against the cloudfiesta ppt servers... i've been with several fighting blobs who managed to wipe even the full WSR blob, just admittedly, it doesn't work too often. realistically, only like 6-7 servers have a chance to fight them on equal terms with the right linking. so out of 26 other servers only ~7 competitive fighting ones.

there we maybe have a "players fault" - since the servers have too many people avoiding any real combat and hiding behind billions of bodies and siege within their keeps.

neither is @seoyounglee.1703 one aussie pugleader. EU has several players from all over the world. mexicans on for example BB, arabian people on various servers, probably various asian countries as well, and even emigrated NA people.

problem with that is that the system allows this and renders the mode during the off-hours basically unplayable for the servers that have no people around there.

that's why the ppt system is a joke and deeply toxic in the end. and the reason why the really good players don't care, the system is made to be abused and unchanged since many years.

and as goldenmouth mentions... the ppt also never stop their karmatrain. they're not like, "oh we have not a lot of resistance anywhere, let's chill till there's some content", no, they rather mindlessly ppt across all borders like zombies. the real pvE is there.

as for the oceania/SEA timezones, i have also no clue how to bring those population into a good context. you guys could maybe make a discord and coordinate content in EotM... while we all know that nobody goes there unless for cross-server blobfights, since u lack getting the regular rewards on the map.

The reason everyone hates Piken matchups is because they're just so boring. 
They always have an excuse as of why they can't fight something, and I know this from autopsy.
"No, we can't fight this, they're twice our size" when in reality the enemy is less or close to their size.
"No, we can't fight this, they're sweaty gvg blob" when it's just a bunch of randoms with 2-3 guild players in squad.

No one wants to tag open because they lose one fight and a third of the squad leaves.
Queues on all maps because they have 10 scouts in every tower.

So, they're only ballsy when they can roll through maps with 70 people on TS with zero opposition. Or when their guilds can ninja PPT something on desert bl because no one plays on desert bl. The only international server with national server quality players.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 11:04 PM, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@Svarty.8019 people dislike to fight in objectives, if they know the enemy has similar size.

because there's always roamers who can easy disengage there, on some servers a absurd amount of siege (i cleared alone [with afk autoattack1111] 15 pieces of siege from air keep against some known german server turtleblob after taking it)

and once u go to inner, they have the double guild aura with "presence of the keep", which is quite some stats. some additionally flip more ruins so they have even more extrastats... it's just tiresome to fight this. boring, annoying... idk.

That's a good point, but it's all necessary, due to the sheer power of turtle+shieldgen. 

WSR of Old taught us valuable lessons about the power of the monoblob (ALL your players on the map standing on the tag).  So the defenders need the advantages they get - and yet... if the attacker knows all the correct tactics (must be certain size, use shield gens), it's impossible to prevent a capture with only skirmishers. The most important factor is the size and coherence of the group, of course, and the adjustment of target caps seem to be an answer to this.

It may be possible to undo this Gordian Knot, but it may be best to take Alexander's approach and start anew.

Edited by Svarty.8019

4 hours ago, Absurd.2947 said:

They always have an excuse as of why they can't fight something, and I know this from autopsy.
"No, we can't fight this, they're twice our size" when in reality the enemy is less or close to their size.
"No, we can't fight this, they're sweaty gvg blob" when it's just a bunch of randoms with 2-3 guild players in squad.

No one wants to tag open because they lose one fight and a third of the squad leaves.

So, they're only ballsy when they can roll through maps with 70 people on TS with zero opposition. Or when their guilds can ninja PPT something on desert bl because no one plays on desert bl. The only international server with national server quality players.

I am linked with Piken, and I have no clue what you are talking about (I can assume you might have  a secondary account there to see what happens ie: James Bond-ing). 

"No, we can't fight this, they're twice our size" - every time this happened I always saw people try (but if we are 5 and you think we should face 30 people than it is different). Of course there is also the time when we are with 3 and we get killed by two rev's but that is a broken kitten class. 

"No, we can't fight this, they're sweaty gvg blob" - didn't see that so far. 

"No one wants to tag open" - nope, I actually followed open tag 

"10 scouts in every tower." - If only, we lose objectives because there are not enough scouts or reports in time. 

"roll through maps with 70 people on TS with zero opposition" - I play mainly in the morning and during throughout the day besides the weekend, I am non stop outnumbered, not sure where the 70+ people you speak of are.

Bottom line, I have switched multiple servers, thinking I will find a nice one - nope, they are all the same. There is always the enemy trashing you on forums, players trashing each other in map chat and team chap, it is literally the same crap everywhere. 

Is WvW broken? maybe, but the entitled players are not helping the situation (GW2 has the most entitled players out there). You don't like the MU? Move, log out, do PVE, no one is forcing anyone. 

• Like 3

Always funny to see a piken player excuses, expecially after he is saying

1 hour ago, Anaide.8251 said:

I play mainly in the morning

Everyoone knows when piken karmataining empty structures with a qued map, yes it is in the morning. And when enemies wake up and start to play, their morning commander says "Thanks for fun, i have to go now"

Disgusting.

Edited by Daredevil.2745

Clearly this is an anomaly that should be stopped immediately. No other servers would ever have forced outside of standard playtime to boost their overall score! Absolutely ridiculous. We all know there is noooo difference in populations and fight guilds would never have alts on other servers or coordinate to artificially manipulate rankings. 

Definitely hoping we can get to the bottom of this soon! I’d suggest some sort of competitive mode where we could easily determine what is going on here by looking at numerical data. Then we can get to the bottom of this very important issue. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daredevil.2745 said:

Always funny to see a piken player excuses, expecially after he is saying

Everyoone knows when piken karmataining empty structures with a qued map, yes it is in the morning. And when enemies wake up and start to play, their morning commander says "Thanks for fun, i have to go now"

Disgusting.

Their morning commander who lives in Australia? are they meant to stay up until 4am to please your fragile ego? 

I am sorry people from different countries all over the world play on EU servers and have different play times to you. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, seoyounglee.1703 said:

Their morning commander who lives in Australia? are they meant to stay up until 4am to please your fragile ego? 

I am sorry people from different countries all over the world play on EU servers and have different play times to you. 

The problem is not the time or where someone lives i don't think anyone cares about that.. the problem is the way some commanders play and whats their goal. At the end of the day i kinda feel bad for commanders that are almost 10k rank in wvw and they don't know how to command their people to fight enemies and they do karma train for 8 hours in the morning calling that morning raid instead of doing drizzlewood coast. But hey you do you, no one forced me to join the tag but when you see people telling others to transfer cos they don't like their playing style what do you expect them to say/do. 😅

The amount of delusion, misinformation and just plain kitten in this thread is hilarious.

Not to mention that almost everyone I know on Piken - and after all these years, I know a lot...  almost everyone I know has the OP on their block list, and has done for years. The reasons for that are far too long to list here.

If you know Piken, then you know that really most people on Piken are actually pretty friendly and pretty chill, and by and large the community is a good one.

Since it's also true that the OP has run into (or rather, created for himself) the same issues on other servers he's bounced around, I'd assert that the problems he faces are of his own making.

On Piken, he is a meme. And it's a shame, because many people have, many times, offered the hand of friendship and a willingness to cooperate. But, sadly he's all about burning his house down, burning bridges and self-destruction.

I feel conflicted about him; he is annoying, and he means to be, but mostly these days I find myself feeling sorry for him, and also worrying about him.

As for his suggestion - that Anet basically delete the server and its community (one that he has worked so hard and effectively to alienate himself from over the years) - well, is a measure of his delusion and state of mind.

There are manifest problems with the linking system, and have been for years. T1 is effectively broken at the moment, it's the landfill of EU WvW right now. There are only two competitors every week, and the winner is the server who can manage to lose and get out.

Thankfully, Piken is now in T3 and WvW is fun again. Yay!

Oh, and it seems like the OP has left Piken (again). Yay!

He'll be back, I'm sure.

But for now, this is turning out to be great week.

• Like 8

Piken is just not worth mentioning. "Oh look, our garrison got taken on monday morning 4am" and the moment you fight back they port away.
The game really needs match time or something like that. So, if you constantly fight vs outnumbered doors, you gain no loot, not wxp, nothing.

10 hours ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

Not to mention that almost everyone I know on Piken - and after all these years, I know a lot...  almost everyone I know has the OP on their block list, and has done for years. The reasons for that are far too long to list here.

On Piken, he is a meme. And it's a shame, because many people have, many times, offered the hand of friendship and a willingness to cooperate. But, sadly he's all about burning his house down, burning bridges and self-destruction.

He'll be back, I'm sure.

But for now, this is turning out to be great week.

Is this the same guy who was trashing the team/map chat with  how awesome GH is and how he moved to Piken for the memes and because someone gave him 100g? And giving advice to the "newbies" left and right?

11 minutes ago, Anaide.8251 said:

Is this the same guy who was trashing the team/map chat with  how awesome GH is and how he moved to Piken for the memes and because someone gave him 100g? And giving advice to the "newbies" left and right?

I have no idea - as I say, I've had him blocked for years.

He's managed to get himself banned from Piken TS, every Piken-related Discord and the (largely moribund) forums for just as long.

So I guess his only recourse now is to relentlessly spam teamchat, and to come to these forums (which are also becoming pretty obsolete, despite the 'upgrade').

22 hours ago, Goldenmouth.3261 said:

The problem is not the time or where someone lives i don't think anyone cares about that.. the problem is the way some commanders play and whats their goal. 

So you think the same of  BB and WSR and KISS and ILL?

Is there anybody that's NOT hated?

14 hours ago, jemdarr.2158 said:

Piken is just not worth mentioning. "Oh look, our garrison got taken on monday morning 4am" and the moment you fight back they port away.
The game really needs match time or something like that. So, if you constantly fight vs outnumbered doors, you gain no loot, not wxp, nothing.

Like when the game was new, you mean? When we used to do exactly that?

Edited by Svarty.8019
  • Like 3

I fully concur with the OP.
The level of Piken toxicity aimed at public commanders that try to fight open field  is enormous. This ranges from demeaning comments in chat to actively sabotaging (repairing walls when the commander pushes, putting down open field siege ...).  Many respectable commanders have left Piken or when they were on Piken went to fight in OS or EoTM to avoid the karmatraining, siege hugging grievers.

As a solution  I suggest to spread the piken population over Deso and WSR, so these Piken maleducated karmatrainers will get some proper training.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Orval.5490 said:

I fully concur with the OP.
The level of Piken toxicity aimed at public commanders that try to fight open field  is enormous. This ranges from demeaning comments in chat to actively sabotaging (repairing walls when the commander pushes, putting down open field siege ...).  Many respectable commanders have left Piken or when they were on Piken went to fight in OS or EoTM to avoid the karmatraining, siege hugging grievers.

As a solution  I suggest to spread the piken population over Deso and WSR, so these Piken maleducated karmatrainers will get some proper training.

You cant teach someone who doesn't wanna learn ... w.e you do they will point their finger on you and say that you are the reason you are not winning etc etc i mean look at the whole topic. Like guilds wanna drop tiers/transfer cos they don't want to fight the same guilds again and again cos of the endless ppt, even BT guilds transfered cos they got linked with Piken.. 😂 they knew whats gonna happen. So yeah, at this point not only me but most of the people are praying to not get linked with Piken server again(no offense to 2-10% of piken community ofc) 😁

• Thanks 2

On 5/8/2021 at 2:36 PM, Leaa.2943 said:

Ok so on red border which last week was my homeborder Deso/WSR liked to sit on our Firekeep. And the first half of the week this was obviously where our zerg or guilds tried to take it back or went to catch some fights. But the only thing we managed whilst trying to fight them or trying to get inside was a ocean of siege both inside and outside!. When i say a ocean not even the naitonal servers came close.

Second thing that happen was that we could not get this people to come out of the kitten firekeep to fight. At the best we got them out to the sentry and then they move back and run in. Again this is not only the casual or everything else you threwn memes about in posts before this. This was players with names from well known guilds. Some tried to hide the fact that it was them by not repping but hey veteran players know wvw players so it was not very hard at all to see them anyway.

The only BL that never has a queue is desert for obvious reasons, and to try defend Air and Fire near 2 spawn points on opposite ends of the map, always puts other objectives at risk, and can stretch your resources. I unfortunately landed in desert quite a few times in the last few weeks due to insane queues during EU prime time, and on most occasions, the siege of Arrow Carts, and Ballistae were on the inside near Lords room. I was also party to many fight right up the camps and towers outside the sanctuary of the walls. The problem lies a bit deeper than the system, and I dont have any answers to this problem, as its a human one rather than a gaming one, however, their are 2 things I dislike about WvW, Linking which has  altered the game due to human nature through transfers, and Desert BL. I would like to see servers locked for the first week which may provide  a more accurate way of determining WvW populations, but then, that purely my opinion.

On 5/9/2021 at 6:55 PM, seoyounglee.1703 said:

That's the huge question I have. Why would you play on EU servers where you get no content in your native time zone? 
All the other mentioned people like Saudi-Arabia or Kuwait are at least close to EU/RU timezones (yeah, I know RU has more than one), but Australia is completely off and on NA your ping is better and you find more AUS/NZ people + Asians.

On 5/9/2021 at 8:53 AM, Absurd.2947 said:

That's  how overall gw2 WvW is being played.... once one side is in equal for the other side vanishes or swap to a place they can ktrain.

Gw2 WvW is avoid fights and keep ktraining...theres alot of guilds that only will fight outrmaned targets and servers that will only ktrain if they can outman the other server, if 2 servers outman the smaller one  while one will ktrain on eb other will ktrain on that empty server home then they will  swap.

sadly its just how wvw is being played most of the time.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:41 PM, kiranslee.4829 said:

Btw just to make sure, u guys, u argue about game mode that plays like 200 ppl and like 5-6 monkeys (SA guild , well trained tho) like its something that really matters , right ?

go back to farming your pvE stuff... you would know better if u'd play Wvw.

@Aeolus.3615

I'd rather say, those are the off-hour zergs from various timeszones, that farm empty maps. while admittedly, the casual players seem to become rather more than less. guilds rarely are to the right size to fight outnumbered effectively, there's not even 15 guilds in the whole EU zone that can pull this off i'd say.