Extrapolating Dragonstorm rewards...

Dragonstorm Loot Preference  

64 members have voted

1. 1. In what manner would you have preferred to be awarded a Pristine Eye Infusion?

• A super rare drop once per day per account per dragon per left or right eye from the Dragonstorm World Boss.
    • All 4 sets account bound as the Thank You Gift from ArenaNet after completing all of the Icebrood Saga story.

I love when this game gives rewards (especially highly desired ones) after a guaranteed limit; Gift of Aurene after opening 1,000 chests! Please continue to do that trend ANET when it comes to rewards.

I also wish this could have been extended to the Pristine Eye Infusion. We do receive one from an AP but its only one eye of one dragon. Are we to hope and pray that RNG blesses us to get another drop?

When the drop is that rare why would we ever keep it when we can sell it for thousands of gold (per current TP price). It would have been pretty cool to see a crowd of people with different eye infusions in EOTN and even in Dragonstorm going forward. 

IMO I think it would have been better if we got the Eye Infusions (account bound) as the gift from ANET after concluding the story instead of an Ascended amulet as many people probably have one already.

IN ADDENDUM: I also hope an epilogue of some sort is planned to see all the repercussions of our choices. (worried for the ex-corrupted spirits).

Thank you for your time.

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Confused 3

My answer would be "neither of those, but provide a collection for each one."

I feel vaguely bemused that (as a casual-ish player) I'm doing quite a time-consuming collection in order to get one dragon eye, with no hope of ever getting another. There's no way I'm lucky enough to drop the item, I'm not exactly swimming in gold and I'd rather make my third legendary than spend 1000s on the TP for a pure cosmetic.

However, despite the grindy feel I'm really happy Anet added DRMs and the meta-achievements attached to them -- the challenge modes have pushed me to improve my gameplay in ways the rest of the game never has (I don't have time for raids in my schedule and tbh, have too much social anxiety as well.) So how about a smaller meta-achievement for one eye as a teaser (complete the story, complete group Dragonstorm, do a few specific challenges or get all the masteries) and the more time-consuming meta-achievement for the other?

Edited by Sikil.9817
  • Like 2

None of those choices.

I vote for in collection form.
Any reward that is a super rare drop and can only be obtained by farming is a reward that I won't waste my time hunting for.

Grind is the fastest way to kill my interest in content and make me hate it.

• Like 4

I think this poll has 2 extremes and both are bad. I am voting for get all but with how things was release its not possible anymore.

How I said in my post, I wish for Anet to listen us and let us finish at least pair of eyes. I really dont get why we got only 1 eye when our characters have 2, saw many people with just one side infused and it looked so bad and mine box end up in bank, so sad.

Easiest and fair solution is let us buy one account bound token from EotN discount vendor for 100-1000 seals would be acceptable.

And for rest of tokens, set drop rate to value so we can drop let say 1 per 1-2 months if doing Dragonstorms daily and account bound. This way people will keep doin it and we will not see farmers and multiboxers leeches.

• Like 2

Gain one Pristine Dragon Eye Shard per daily completion, exchange X Shards for a Pristine Dragon Eye, plus the miniscule random chance of receiving one as currently.

That or hooked into the Tyrian Defense Seals reward system (1k?).

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And why exactly are these the only 2 options available? 😄

I did want to keep it simple. I did have a third option like do all the Dragonstorm APs to earn it. There are probably a dozen ways we could have earned it. I just think they way we got is the least efficient/fun/thought out way.

7 hours ago, HappyHubris.1096 said:

If Pristine Eye wasn't a super rare drop people wouldn't value it as much and would instead be making threads asking that the alternative hottest thing was easier to get...

Imagine never questioning game design choices. Can't relate.

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Or this guy has a different opinion than you and you're simply employing a strawman argument.

What was said is actually true. Common things aren't valued as much as super rare things. That doesn't mean the poster doesn't question other decisions.

I think games need super rare things and more common things or everything becomes worthless. Do I think the drop should be more common, sure.

But someone disagreeing with you about something doesn't mean they never question a dev decision. I'm known as a white knight here, but I question plenty of dev decisions. Just different ones than you probably question. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I think games need super rare things and more common things or everything becomes worthless. Do I think the drop should be more common, sure.

The choices I presented are based off of inverting what ANET actually did.

IMO having the amulet be the super rare drop would have been a better choice since many of us already have an ascended amulet or easier ways to attain one. That extra effects only last as long as the boon from the DRM boon; practically a vestigial reward.

They probably don't and won't value the eye infusion now since most will never get it nor see it.

18 minutes ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

The choices I presented are based off of inverting what ANET actually did.

IMO having the amulet be the super rare drop would have been a better choice since many of us already have an ascended amulet or easier ways to attain one. That extra effects only last as long as the boon from the DRM boon; practically a vestigial reward.

They probably don't and won't value the eye infusion now since most will never get it nor see it.

It's a loaded questionaire with too few choices, designed to provide the result you want. Therefore it has limited value. You can argue all you want about the pros and cons. But you could have done that without the poll at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sikil.9817 said:

My answer would be "neither of those, but provide a collection for each one."

I feel vaguely bemused that (as a casual-ish player) I'm doing quite a time-consuming collection in order to get one dragon eye, with no hope of ever getting another. There's no way I'm lucky enough to drop the item, I'm not exactly swimming in gold and I'd rather make my third legendary than spend 1000s on the TP for a pure cosmetic.

However, despite the grindy feel I'm really happy Anet added DRMs and the meta-achievements attached to them -- the challenge modes have pushed me to improve my gameplay in ways the rest of the game never has (I don't have time for raids in my schedule and tbh, have too much social anxiety as well.) So how about a smaller meta-achievement for one eye as a teaser (complete the story, complete group Dragonstorm, do a few specific challenges or get all the masteries) and the more time-consuming meta-achievement for the other?

you must be the first peson i meet that like drm, but i guess it's good to see the average player skill improve, you could try strikes, when you play dps you don't have a lot of responsability exect having good gears and knowing your class/rotation.

5 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Feel free to flip through my posts and you'll see that I can be quite critical.

In MMOs some things are insanely rare to keep people playing, and one just happens to be a cosmetic that you want.  If this was easy to achieve there would be some other ultra-rare cosmetic item that would create the same post (e.g. Chak infusion).  You're literally in a digital Skinner Box asking why you only get some rewards some of the time.  Why so you'll continue to pull the lever for a long time (and continue to spend money in the cash shop), of course!

At least these ultra-rare items can be traded!

This is the first cosmetic infusion i really want to have, it has a decent effect and would perfectly match to my armor.

After i completed the story, i started the collection and when i was finished i was very dissapointed because i didnt knew i only could chose ONE eye... yeah it is ok, but i have two eyes?

For some days i was observing the trading post how the price increased every day. Now we are at around 5000-6000 gold.

No average player with average drop luck will ever be able to obtain a second eye, why even give us the first then?

Please give us a collection or something that we will at least able to get a second eye.

For example i really like the collection for the dragonscale cape. It needs some farming, it needs to do the achievement before, it needs some gold (or materials) to spend, and it needs some time to finish. In short: it just need some effort to obtain, but not thousends of raw gold to buy it.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, mov.1246 said:

This is the first cosmetic infusion i really want to have, it has a decent effect and would perfectly match to my armor.

After i completed the story, i started the collection and when i was finished i was very dissapointed because i didnt knew i only could chose ONE eye... yeah it is ok, but i have two eyes?

For some days i was observing the trading post how the price increased every day. Now we are at around 5000-6000 gold.

No average player with average drop luck will ever be able to obtain a second eye, why even give us the first then?

Please give us a collection or something that we will at least able to get a second eye.

For example i really like the collection for the dragonscale cape. It needs some farming, it needs to do the achievement before, it needs some gold (or materials) to spend, and it needs some time to finish. In short: it just need some effort to obtain, but not thousends of raw gold to buy it.

I'm also all for a comprehensive farm similiar to the dragonscale cape. My two choices were just based off of what ANET chose to do. In our opinions, there does seem to be better options out there that are feasible (with some effort) to earn them instead of thoughts, prayers and wishes to the Tyrian RNG Gods. 

A suggestion. Allow it to be bought off the vendor for 100 prismatite ingots and 5k defences makes. Also it will only appear after completing master of dragonic fire and ice achievements (t3 weapon collection).  That would make it cost 1000 ecto, 500 to 1000 prismatite crystal, 5000 to 9000 mithril ingots, 1000 to 5000 ori ingots depending on the recipee. This would be similar how the frost legion infusion works, but could cost less because you would have to complete the collection 3 times to complete the set.

This would keep the demand for prismatite even in the future after everyone finishes their dragonslayer sets.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Both options supplied are equally bad.

The best option would be having a certain path to infusions (through crafting and/or collections), with additional rng chance of dropping one to offer a lucky break for those that like the gambling approach.

Both options supplied are just the inverted version of what they did. As said above, I definitely agree that there are more fair and more comprehensive (and probably more fun) ways to have attained the eye infusions.

• Confused 2

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...