Overperforming skills/traits

Paradoxoglanis.1904

On 5/11/2021 at 3:23 AM, Renny.6571 said:

People in this thread want HGH nerfed as if turrets would be a viable replacement for elixirs. LUL

My problem lies more in the engineer beeing dependent on a traitline that is just super passive unfun boonfiesta for its' entire existence. I'm tired of theoriecrafting active builds, cc chain/combofinish/kitswap my keyboard to porridge just to hit a wall of autoprocs at a certain point. It's ok that people get the option to rely on passive stuff to a degree but it should always rather be a weakness that can be abused. Now it's the opposite and you are at a massive disadvantage if you don't pick that stuff.

Edited by schloumou.3982

1 hour ago, schloumou.3982 said:

My problem lies more in the engineer beeing dependent on a traitline that is just super passive unfun boonfiesta for its' entire existence. I'm tired of theoriecrafting active builds, cc chain/combofinish/kitswap my keyboard to porridge just to hit a wall of autoprocs at a certain point. It's ok that people get the option to rely on passive stuff to a degree but it should always rather be a weakness that can be abused. Now it's the opposite and you are at a massive disadvantage if you don't pick that stuff.

I don't quite get what you mean here, because they are traits.... traits are passive by nature, that's why they are traits and not skills.

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I don't quite get what you mean here, because they are traits.... traits are passive by nature, that's why they are traits and not skills.

But not in the way they alter interaction. If a trait for example automatically cleans incomming condis/negates dmg or breaks stun for you, it works on removing interactive reactional combat elements, in contrast to traits that alter the way bombs work or shorten the cd of skills or something like that.

Edited by schloumou.3982

10 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The old mortar kit?

Do you mean the old mortar you placed somewhere so people can use it? That one which was never used in any game mode because it was so bad and had so terrible weaknesses (immobilizing you, disabling your entire skill bar except the mortar skills, mortar itself was a destructable object)?

It was legit the worst skill in the entire game by far and you say you miss it.... So I guess you really just want engineer to be in the dirt and absolute unplayable trash.

My point is skills have changed from beta and ppl act as if they did not so pointing it out is needed.

At one point scraper blasting lighting fields was super speed and that was nerf as well to what we have now.

Scraper still give out way too much support super speed and kits are very much too "free."

I run open world most of the time.  Engi is my main since day 1 release (I took a several year hiatus) so I love my engi.

But after getting her to pretty much fully ascended I was looking for an alt to run, tried Condi Rev...

OMFG.

Night and flippin' day.

Where I could yes, take most champs as scrapper / FT with a fair amount of work...well, Rev is nearly effortless in comparison.  Blow through my first slate of abilities, swap weaps or stance, go through the second bar and voila!   Whatever I'm fighting has stacks and stacks of torment - hell, with anything not vet, at that point I just walk away, they'll be dead by by the time I charge the next target.

I'm not a theorycrafter in Gw2.  I'm just talking real-world play performance it's staggering.

Scrapper, yes, I'd agree that played intensively, they're pretty hard to kill, but my dps is crap.  I do eventually kill things.

Holo is great dps/aoe but it's so damned fragile and constant management of heat that it's honestly not worth the effort in OW (I use for instances/fractals, etc)

Revenant?  NONE OF THOSE ISSUES AT ALL.  Tons of dps, tons of survivability. AND SIMULTANEOUSLY with either ren or herald talents, the ability to ALSO deliver a healthy stack of boons to my fellow players.

It makes me sad that my engi - still emotionally/mentally my "main" - I barely play her because the rev is just more fun.  The Engy is a fair amount of work for about (at best) 75% of what the Rev brings with little effort.*

*granted, having been an engy for a while, the stance swapping and energy management of Rev is trivial where it might be challenging for some.

• 2 weeks later...

well, although this has been discussed already, i gotta dig out heal-scrapper in WvW again. 

As an engi-main in WvW, i absolutely have to aggree on the imbalance of Purity of Purpose. This single trait is one of multiple reasons why condition-based builds simply don´t work in a large-scaled fight. 

Purity of  Purpose is the counterpart to boon corrupts. and tbh: it is way stronger than any corrupt, as heal-scrappers  have a lot of cleanses available. If you directly compare corrupts and condition-converts, the condi-converts from PoP completely outscale the potential of conditions to deal any damage by far (even after the changes to resistance and the former retaliation what has become resolution with the boon and condi changes from the recent patch).

This single trait alone rends condition builds useless in large-scaled fights, as it results in any condition applied just being fed into scrappers and converted into boons. And the amount of cleanses outweighs the conditions/corrupts by far, so in summary, applying a condition to enemies results in even more boons than it harms the enemy. Conditions are meant to build up their damage over time (either in constantly damaging enemies, or stacking up their intensity if not cleansed away), but well, we know how heal-scrappers perform on the cleansing- and healing-front... it´s ridiculously high. on top of that, the strongest damaging condition in WvW got nerfed (torment, which now almost permanently deals its reduced amount of damage after the changes due to players constantly moving if not cc´d). 

Also, the fact that the boon strength of scrappers in WvW just comes from a single trait, you don´t even have to hardly focus hard on the cleansing-front, as all the skills needed come with other benefits as well. For medkit, there´s nothing to say. It´s self-explanatory why it is so strong. Cleanse-Gyro has a massive amount of cleanses, that super-hard scales with PoP, whirl- and blast-finishers and superspeed. Elixir-Gun also has a huge amount of utility due to the cleanses, light-field and blast-finisher (which is generally strong in  WvW). on top of that, you have a 1200 range-stun and mass-stealth (with sneak gyro, and even bomb-kit if you practice kit-swap pre-combat a bit).

all of these things don´t only make heal-scrappers so strong in WvW, but due to other past changes they also kinda "deny" other classes a spot in the support-role of a teamcomp. Especially Tempests (after the target-nerf on the auramancers) cannot even close compete to them, simply because the value of PoP is too high. 

and i didn´t even talk about the flexibility of scrappers, due to the ability to go dps with bomb-kit/flamethrower if needed. But that´s another story and not related to the original topic (overporforming skills/traits). 

• Like 1