ascended armor / weapons

Just now, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i mean thats a mute point as i said unless you actively flip stuff on the tp you are not going to be selling thousands of mats at a time only a couple and that is not a big loss @Cyninja.2954

I think you have a very subjective and questionable understanding of how many materials are being fed into the market by regular players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

maybe i dont really play the tp i just play the game but that was not the point of this thread anyway it was ascended chests being obsolete and basicly no better then tokens you cant spend unless you want to sell them for a few silver which is a joke, the tp really does not concern me, and its a fail of the game design if these chests which are rewards end up being useless. @Cyninja.2954 

Since there are already multiple ways to acquire ascended...world bosses, fractals, wvw, living world seasons, etc...not really any reason to make them tradable.  New players it gives something to work towards and for the lazy, well, /shrug.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

maybe i dont really play the tp i just play the game but that was not the point of this thread anyway it was ascended chests being obsolete and basicly no better then tokens you cant spend unless you want to sell them for a few silver which is a joke, the tp really does not concern me, and its a fail of the game design if these chests which are rewards end up being useless. @Cyninja.2954 

They are not useless. As mentioned by others, you are simply not happy with the return you get on them.

Do you have a lot of use for white, blue or green items? Do you have a lot of use for specific materials which are worth 2 copper? There are tons of items in this game which are very low in exchangeable to gold value. The legendary armor simply shifts the value proposition of ascended items lower for a tiny fraction of the player base.

Even then, we have no idea what the developers might intend here.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

I think you have pointed out why they are not useless.  For players who don't wish to acquire them by crafting, gives them a reason to go out and do something.  Useless is subjective.  No one starts out with legendary.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying I disagree that this is a huge change (well IF the legendary armory works they we all assume it will currently, we've been in this situation before) and that the change in value to players will not cause issues.

IF ascended chests were to be made trade-able, I would hope that this comes with a well thought out design as to where ascended items are supposed to be in this game value wise.

It might very well be that the developers have new ways in mind how gearing is supposed to work. The problem with making the suggested change without any other alterations is: it would cause a huge market upheaval, and those always have winners and losers, even if long-term the change might be beneficial.

• Thanks 1

I agree making them worth more for vendoring, wouldn't hurt, especially if a player isn't interested in using any of it for crafting.  Back to the original point, your ascended gear will still be viable, the legendary armory perhaps will make it more inviting and rewarding for those who have them to use across characters.

2 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

First of all let me say good job Anet and i really do mean it i am super happy that legendary armory is coming and soon !

now the reason i am writting this is i fell like all ascended armor / weapons will become completely obsolete. On my main account i have 20 character slots 19 fully ascended some with multiple sets and 1 key farming character i also have something like 70 extra weapon chests in the bank and all of that will become completely worthless....

Anet consider letting us sell our extra ascended chest since we are going to fully legendary templates anyway it would be good if new players could buy ascended armors for like 40- 50 gold it would help new players in raids it would help old players who have no use for them please consider it.

https://imgur.com/a/cfq8U19 - my bank extra chests that will become pointless

how come ascended stuff will become obsolete if stats from legendary and ascended are the same?

• Like 1

and i know people who had like 9 legy pvp & fractal combined sets like a year or 2 ago i took a break for a while have no idea how this change will affect them or if they will get any compesation for the extra sets now.

Edited by MarkoGold.7126

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Now that I think about it cant you already vendor unwated ascended for afew silver?

as with all things ANet, that is consistently inconsistent =_=

weapons ... I mean *some* weapons can be vendored for 1g. elite spec, heroic dragonsblood, marshal and raid drop are "worthless".

armor 2s40c

accessory 4s13c

ring 4s95c

amulet 6s60c

41 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

unless you are a tp baron (fliper) why should that mater to you arent cheaper mats better for everyone @Schimmi.6872

It won't only matter for tp barons and flippers, i guess a lot of other players won't be happy too, if their hard earned gear, their deldrimor ingots, or whatever loose e.g. 90% of it's worth suddenly.

Selling boxes of ascended gear would also be a problem with all the skins which aren't meant to be sold (like raid-boxes etc.)

But I agree that there should be a better solution for unneeded ascended gear, but my idea would be a good materialsink for balls of dark energy or something like that.

30 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

@Aeolus.3615 

because of how the legendary armory works if you have 3 legy sets all ascended armor is obsolete at that point... like me yey 

because i will be able to just use my legy on every character i own from the armory. 

How many of the GW2 players do you think posess 3 sets of legendary armor, though?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

i dont know that only anet can say that if i had to guess something like 30% has at least 2 sets @Astralporing.1957 in my opinion. they are not really all that hard to get the raid bosses are extremely easy once you learn them and the only thing that prevents you from getting them is 1 gold and 2 the kitten hot weapon tokens .

Edited by MarkoGold.7126
  • Confused 4

51 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

@Aeolus.3615 

because of how the legendary armory works if you have 3 legy sets all ascended armor is obsolete at that point... like me yey 

because i will be able to just use my legy on every character i own from the armory. 

Ok, so you're basically drowning in wealth and they're about to make the stuff you already have even better, which means some of your other wealth is going to become less useful to you.

On account of playing for a long time and, specifically, *raiding.*

I understand that what to do with this stuff is a problem, in a sense, but it's *a very good problem to have.* Like being unable to pick the best wall color for the Picasso Room in your favorite mansion.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 4

The best thing that they could do is give more useful recipes for balls of dark energy. That way salvaging ascended can still be pretty worthwhile.

Making them tradeable would ruin a huge part of the economy. Many materials that players farm would lose a lot of value overnight.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don’t know how exactly the change should be implemented, but I support the point that ascended boxes should be worth more than they are now for those who don’t need to gear any toons any longer.

It does feel wrong, when you get such a rare loot drop just to realise it’s worth no more than few silvers or a bank slot holder. Rare endgame loot drops are supposed to be exciting, not depressing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i dont know that only anet can say that if i had to guess something like 30% has at least 2 sets @Astralporing.1957 in my opinion. they are not really all that hard to get the raid bosses are extremely easy once you learn them and the only thing that prevents you from getting them is 1 gold and 2 the kitten hot weapon tokens .

Lol. You really have no idea.

According to gw2efficiency (so, the real numbers will almost certainly be even lower than that) 87% of accounts don't have even a single legendary armor piece. 9% has 6 pieces or more, 3% 12 pieces or more, 1.5% 18 pieces (amount of players with more than 18 pieces of legendary armor is below 0.5%... with the player at the top of the list apparently having 132 sets, which is equal to 22 fully equipped characters). Notice, that this includes all legendary armor sets, so not only the Raid armor, but the WvW and SPvP ones as well. For raid armor alone it's 91.5% with 0 skins unlocked, 6.5% with 6+skins, 2% with 12+ skins and 1% with all 18 skins.

(as an additional info - 57% of players has no legendary gear piece of any type, and 70% has one or less - this includes weapons, trinkets, backpacks, runes and sigils)

Again, within the whole game population those numbers will almost certainly be even lower.

In short, the problem you bring up is relevant only to a very small minority of players. A group that is way, way smaller than you thought it was.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

U got few options ...

1) U could unlock the entire ascended skin sets by stat swapping in mystic forge... For Armor and weapons of all weight heavy, medium and light and all weapons... U'll still have lot of remaining ascended after unlocking the skin. Idk what to do after that 😂

2) Salvage ascended hoping to get the the collection items for the achievement "ascended recycling" and sell them in tp for some gold as much as 280 gold I believe

3) cross ur fingers and hope anet adds some infusion recipe/nice skin recipe for all these "balls of dark energy" and "globs of dark matter"

• Like 1