GW2 Isn't made for people that has a real life job.

You are setting goals in game without allocating the real world time needed to do them in your given time frame. That is on you I am afraid.

As someone who HATES PvE, I spend most of my time in PvP/WvW. And only as of late decided to get mounts, yes, the only mount I had just a few weeks ago was the warclaw from WvW, even though I have owned all expacs since release and played beta in core. That is how little I enjoy PvE. I am getting close to being finished just by going into PvE when WvW maps are dead and I don't feel like queuing for PvP, and I am only doing PvE for 30mins-1hr at a time (and I have none of the maps opened), as I have a 60-70hr a wk job and seem to be on track to pass you after just a few months. However, being that I don't like PvE, I google guides on how to do everything quickly.

Being that your post is about the story and PvE, I am assuming you enjoy PvE? If so, why the rush? If the collection is so important to you, why have you not set out a goal and plan to finish it? The time it took to write out this post would have been enough to research a guide on how to complete it. Matter of fact, most of the first links in a Google search set out a plan for you, broken down by days for the time gated things and further broken down by costs....I really don't understand why it is taking you over a year to complete it other than you just don't want to. Which by the way.....Is also fine, you don't have to if you don't enjoy it, do the things you like doing, it's a game, not a job.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 3:32 PM, Mortifera.6138 said:

Everything since War Eternal has brought stupid grind to the game. This is not the Guild Wars 2 I fell in love with.

^This sums it up nicely

GW2 was a game, where  you could grind for some extra stuff on top of finishing meta achievements of chapters (which should always be the guideline to be a sign of "you have completed the vast majority of story and challenges). Now you don't "play" the game for metas any more, you have to "work" for meta achivements (kill 1k mobs in a certain area, do a long map meta event 50/100 times etc.) and you don't even finish that achievement any more in a time frame that is in a sane relation to real life obligations like paid work and family time.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Well. It is a MMORPG. And compared to most other MMORPG that are a real grindfest with gear treadmill (WoW for example!) in GW2 most stuff is pretty easy. Yes if you want to get every minor achievement ... it will take pretty long.

But only having a few hours every day still can get you through the story and maps. And skyscale isn't meant to be rushed.

• Like 1

And just to make things clear about my point of view is. I got all masteries from Heart of Thorns by playing the game. The key to unlock those masteries was playing the game, the maps of that region and its events. In Path of fire, since griffon, unlock masteries and mounts has become a job.

You have to actually compromise your time and log into the game to work on it if you ever want it unlocked. You can't just log in, have fun in the game doing events and get it unlocked. You have to go from location to location to unlock collecting stuff to unlock something useful to explore the maps and play events well. When I try to follow comanders using my griffon and they all using their skyscale I stay far behind, I can't keep up with them. So I end up not having fun. 

When it is just a few things that you can take a day or 2 and do them, it is great. But you have to put a lot of time and effort into it. It stopped being fun for me who doesn't have that  much free time to spare anymore. I want to log in, have fun and eventually get my rewards, mounts, unlocked, by having fun. I can't log into gw2 to have a second job trying to unlock skyscale. I only wanna relax and maybe, make new friends. My opinion, no one has to agree.

Edited by OlsenSan.2987
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, OlsenSan.2987 said:

And just to make things clear about my point of view is. I got all masteries from Heart of Thorns by playing the game. The key to unlock those masteries was playing the game, the maps of that region and its events. In Path of fire, since griffon, unlock masteries and mounts has became a job.

Nah, it's similar to how it was in HoT.

10 minutes ago, OlsenSan.2987 said:

You have to actually compromise your time and log into the game to work on it if you ever want it unlocked. You can't just log in, have fun in the game doing events and get it unlocked. You have to go from location to location to unlock collecting stuff to unlock something useful to explore the maps and play events well. When I try to follow comanders using my griffon and they all using their skyscale I stay far behind, I can't keep up with them. So I end up not having fun. 

I guess this thread/post is mostly the result of you getting tilted over people using skyscales and you being unable to catch up with them on a flat ground while you're using griffon. This is not where griffon shines. You don't really need skysacle to keep up. Just use your mounts according to the situation you're in, if you'll keep RUNNIG on griffon then not sure what you're expecting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, OlsenSan.2987 said:

This thread actually got attention of people and I didn't really expect that. I didn't even read the comments honestly.

Listen, I know you're not in a great mood, but I think you should consider reading what people wrote. They had some suggestions for budgeting your time that would allow you to keep enjoying the game. If enjoying this game isn't your goal, then you should consider some low-impact secondary games. Steam's full of them.

There are plenty of people who don't love the process of getting the Skyscale, but it's manageable for a person with a busy life, and once you've got it, you have it forever across all of your characters to use in any content that allows mounts.

• Like 6

If anything, the Skyscale is exactly tailored to people who "have real life jobs" because of the fact that it is time throttled and it has many parts that you can complete in small segments of time over numerous days. The complaint is just doesn't make sense. The Skyscale quest is actually disliked MORE by people that want to pound out a quest in quick succession. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

I think the people ignoring this complaint are being a bit obtuse.

I have found the same thing.

Try doing a Legendary on a "casual" timeframe lol  when you need X hundred Obs shards, mystic clovers and other materials you only get from really grinding out certain aspects of the game.

Silverwastes Runs are productive but do them for a week straight and you wont feel like youre having "fun"

GW2 has ALWAYS been an extremely grindy game if you actually want to accomplish anything big and saying otherwise is pure hogwash.

Ive played the game since launch, albeit I probably havnt been "active" for around 3 of the last 9 years.  I play casually and havnt been in any big raiding guilds or PvP guilds.  Im currently rank 29 in PvP Arenas and around 50 in WvW.    Ive completed 1 legendary and could, potentially, be close to finishing a second.  Three of my characters have full Ascended Armors, two have completely ascended Armor/Weapons/Accessories.

I havnt finished my skyscale as im still acquiring the 250 stones for each zone for the saddle.  A project I have focused my gametime on the last 2 months and still havnt completed yet.

Im not complaining about the game myself.  Anymore.  I certainly bished about it during my first Legendary.  The collection bits were fun but the final grindy bits for the Mystic Forge are simply ridiculous.  But it is what it is.  But call it what it is please.  Its a grindfest.  Dont sugarcoat it with your fanciful notions.

• Like 2

I also have a regular job.

I just obtained skyscale october last year. It took me 2-3 months to complete all these achievements. 

It was not fun at that time but i did it slowly, so it won't bother my daily job. 

For me, If I feel were bored, I just stop playing for a while and come back whenever I want.
It is just practical idea for player who has the job.

I am doing legendary for 3 years, but it is only at tier 2 LOL
Don't know why I have to grind that fast or rushing.
...And you can use your money to buy gem for nice skin if you want to.

8 hours ago, OlsenSan.2987 said:

Now I undersand why I've been getting warnings. This thread actually got attention of people and I didn't really expect that. I didn't even read the comments honestly. But I've been getting emails from warnings. We can't express ourselves even if we are not offending anyone, but surely someone who has power got tilted. I am sure soon I will be banned from GW2 forums when they realize I speak my mind and that it's the only way to shut me up. They'll probably even ban me from the game because they 'don't like me' anymore. bummer.

If you warn me again, I will come back. SO make up you mind. Or stop warning me or ban me already.

Are you sure you've been getting warnings that you're in trouble with Anet and not notifications that someone replied to this topic or reacted to your post?

If someone says something inappropriate the moderators will remove the post, not just issue a warning and leave it there, so the fact that it's still up (and the fact that you're not breaking any rules or saying anything inappropriate) makes it highly unlikely you're getting warnings about it. They also don't issue multiple warnings about the same post, unless you keep on posting the same thing over and over after it's been removed.

But the new forum will send you a notification each time someone replies to your topic, quotes you or uses one of the emoji reaction buttons on one of your posts. Those are not warnings, they don't mean you're in trouble, it's just the forum letting you know something has happened which you might want to see.

If you want to stop them scroll up to the top of the forum and click on your name in the top banner, then click 'Account settings' in the drop-down list. Click on 'notification settings' in the bar on the right side of that page and make sure 'email' is unchecked for each thing. (If you want to you can uncheck 'notification list' too and then you won't get the messages while you're on the forum either.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Blakhart.5024 said:

I think the people ignoring this complaint are being a bit obtuse.

I have found the same thing.

Try doing a Legendary on a "casual" timeframe lol  when you need X hundred Obs shards, mystic clovers and other materials you only get from really grinding out certain aspects of the game.

Silverwastes Runs are productive but do them for a week straight and you wont feel like youre having "fun"

GW2 has ALWAYS been an extremely grindy game if you actually want to accomplish anything big and saying otherwise is pure hogwash.

Ive played the game since launch, albeit I probably havnt been "active" for around 3 of the last 9 years.  I play casually and havnt been in any big raiding guilds or PvP guilds.  Im currently rank 29 in PvP Arenas and around 50 in WvW.    Ive completed 1 legendary and could, potentially, be close to finishing a second.  Three of my characters have full Ascended Armors, two have completely ascended Armor/Weapons/Accessories.

I havnt finished my skyscale as im still acquiring the 250 stones for each zone for the saddle.  A project I have focused my gametime on the last 2 months and still havnt completed yet.

Im not complaining about the game myself.  Anymore.  I certainly bished about it during my first Legendary.  The collection bits were fun but the final grindy bits for the Mystic Forge are simply ridiculous.  But it is what it is.  But call it what it is please.  Its a grindfest.  Dont sugarcoat it with your fanciful notions.

It's not true .

I helped a friend in 3 months, he had a pink and a half armor set and 3 characters at lvl 80 plus fractals lvl 100

9 minutes ago, PookieDaWombat.6209 said:

Imagine being angry over grind in an MMO.  The two literally go together like milk and cookies.

I could understand being angry at some forms of grind.

It would be really annoying if it was like some single-player JRPGs (and I think some older MMOs) where doing everything up to the next boss will leave you several levels short of being able to beat them, but you can't do anything else until you do, and your only option to get more XP is going round and round the area you're in killing the same enemies over and over until you've levelled up enough.

That's an extreme example, but I'd say GW2 is very close to the other extreme in that you almost never have to grind to complete content. The nearest I can think of to that situation is that you can't just complete the personal story without doing anything else, but you still have lots of different options for getting enough XP to get to the next story section so you don't need to repeat anything, and the story is designed to tie into the activities and events in the map so it's more like combining different forms of story telling than entirely stopping the story to grind XP.

The things which do require repeatedly farming an area are all optional. It's either purely cosmetic rewards or things like getting enough bloodstone rubies or winter berries to buy the stat-selectable ascended equipment; you don't actually need ascended equipment for anything except high tier Fractals and there are other ways to get it (including mid/low tier Fractals) so if you don't want to deal with the grind you don't have to, and if you do you can spend as long as you like on it without being locked out of any content.

• Like 3

you ar eposting on a public forum. There is room for civil debate. Saying you do not care for ones  opinion while giving your own is very wrong imo.

I have a job. I do have limited time and I have not unlocked the skyscale or the griffon at all. The main reason is that I do not have the time.
The difference between you and me is "who cares!"

Obviously it would be fun and I do hope EoD will bring a flying mount or another means of flight that are easier obtained, but yet again, I do not feel like I am missing out. I've been in my guilds for ages so nobody else would judge me badly for this either, but if they do it is saying more about them then myself. My honest reaction would be that I have a job and take care of my family. instad of leeching on my parents while living in their basement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OlsenSan.2987 said:

And just to make things clear about my point of view is. I got all masteries from Heart of Thorns by playing the game. The key to unlock those masteries was playing the game, the maps of that region and its events. In Path of fire, since griffon, unlock masteries and mounts has become a job.

When it is just a few things that you can take a day or 2 and do them, it is great. But you have to put a lot of time and effort into it. It stopped being fun for me who doesn't have that  much free time to spare anymore. I want to log in, have fun and eventually get my rewards, mounts, unlocked, by having fun. I can't log into gw2 to have a second job trying to unlock skyscale. I only wanna relax and maybe, make new friends. My opinion, no one has to agree.

It is really pointless to explain this to us, remember, none of us has a job or a life outside of this game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I kinda feel this. The game has decoupled from its original draw (quickie do as many as you can dungeons, fractals, that meta event that got faster or slower based on player participation). Nowadays everything is 2 hour long meta events or grind, Drizzlewood being the biggest offender. You barely get anywhere in a 30 minute session anymore, it's all long term goals...

• Like 2

I feel you OP. I play this game to have fun and to enjoy, to do things that i like doing and I don't like to be forced to grind for hours every day just to get some QoL thingy like mounts and legendary stuffs.

I know many enjoyed grinding, to them it's game content, good for you but i too know that many casuals like myself who have work, social life and we play games to have fun, not to do chores. Of course, i know certain amount of grinding cannot be avoided but definitely not so intensive like getting the Skyscale. This is why I will not rush into buying EoD at launch. I will wait and see if the expansion is going the Skyscale way, where content is nothing but super grinding all the way.

Side trekking here. About gambling, nowadays all the shiny and pretty skins are locked inside the BLC and as if this is not bad enough, their RNG probabilities manipulated to really low chance of getting them. Now spending real money to buy skins is not good enough. The game expect you to GAMBLE AWAY A LOT of MONEY for them. I really hope this is not going to get worse in EoD.

Basically now GW2 is grind for content and gamble for skins (and nerfs for game balance). Shame on you ANet.

Edited by Mil.3562
typos and added more complaints

On 5/12/2021 at 10:31 PM, OlsenSan.2987 said:

The skyscale isn’t really all that involved. Do the hearts for mats. Follow guides for the collections. 

If you can’t be bothered with logging on and doing ANY of it like you said in your original post, complaining on the forums isn’t going to magically finish the collection. 

If you just do a little here and there that’s still more than nothing. But saying you can’t do anything in this game while having a family or a job entirely untrue. Obviously you’re not going to be spending 8 hours a day playing, but you don’t have to. Play when you get some time for yourself and enjoy it when you do. You don’t always need to follow a commander around to do events. 

It sounds a little more like you want big rewards for little effort. There are other games that might be more suited to your time restraints. Sure that sounds counterintuitive, but from your posts you don’t seem very interested in doing all that much with the game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mil.3562 said:

I feel you OP. I play this game to have fun and to enjoy, to do things that i like doing and I don't like to be forced to grind for hours every day just to get some QoL thingy like mounts and legendary stuffs.

I know many enjoyed grinding, to them it's game content, good for you but i too know that many casuals like myself who have work, social life and we play games to have fun, not to do chores. Of course, i know certain amount of grinding cannot be avoided but definitely not so intensive like getting the Skyscale. This is why I will not rush into buying EoD at launch. I will wait and see if the expansive is going the Skyscale way, where content is nothing but super grinding all the way. Or even more gambling with BL keys for QoL stuff. Shame on you ANet.

Why would you gamble with BL keys for QoL unlocks, just buy them. Before buying keys you should see what’s available from chests. 

Here’s the issue with every overtly casual player across all genres. They expect because they do other things than gaming that they’re somehow entitled to get the same things that other people get who play more than them. Maybe some people are better with time management. You can’t assume that just because someone has more digital shinies than you that they also don’t work, have families and don’t socialize outside of the game. 

And even if someone plays a game more than you, how is that Anets fault? How is not having certain things in a game such a drag on your already limited play time that it keeps you from enjoying your time? I mean... you’re already not doing as much right? It always seems to come down to the same things... “if I cant have it no one else should get it either”. Or.. “things need to cater to me because I’d rather do something else with my time”

Next we’re going to have people wanting games to be a bit like welfare or something... actually people already kind of do that with Albion with guild taxes...

What you smoking OP? GW2 is the most casual, time friendly MMO this side of mobile devices. It's absolutely possible to do 99.9% of everything in this game on your own schedule with zero time crunch. I have a kid and my wife and I both work full time. Absolutely no problems playing this game on and off when the child's gone to bed.