Elite skills?

Bast.7253

With the numerous trait reworks and balance patches over the years, why do we still have entire trait lines themed around a particular type of utility with no corresponding heal or elite skill?

Example - Arcane for eles doesn't have an elite skill.

Necros don't have an elite well.

Guardians don't have an elite spirit weapon.

I know with the addition of elite specs it's less of a concern but elite spells don't really feel "elite" or overly enjoyable when you have significantly fewer to choose from. 

If you had to design a skill for one of these missing elites, what would it be?

• Like 2

Arcane:

An elite Boon that increases HP and Arcane skills effectiveness, such as damage.

Necros:

Summon poltergeists that assist you just like minions. They take damage instead of you.

Float around you and attack foes or come to you as a shielding barrier.

Guardians:

Use swords of revealing light.

Swords come down from sky to immobile foes for a certain amount of time and interrupt their skill set.

Engineer

Shield Generator (elite gadget)

Ammunition count: 2

Recharge time: 25 seconds

The engineer activates their shield generator, granting themselves x barrier and applies the buff "shield detonation" on themselves. When the buff expires, all remaining barriers on the engineer will get consumed to deal the same amount of power damage to surrounding enemies (can critically strike).

Shock Therapy (toolbelt skill)

Cooldown: 30 seconds

The engineer emits an electrical surge around them, dazing surrounding enemies and dealing y damage to them, while stunbreaking themselves. If they successfully stunbreak, then enemies are stunned instead of dazed.

Gadgeteer bonus:

Shield Generator's detonation does not remove remaining barriers anymore.

Edited by Kodama.6453

44 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can I get an elite shout and stance for my warrior then please?

Problem with adding 2 elite skills once again is that engineer doesn't fit the skill type contribution.

All other classes have 5 different core skill types, hence why you want 2 new elite skills for the missing 2.

But engineer just has 4 different core skill types (gadgets, turrets, elixirs, kits), so there is just 1 elite skill slot open for us.

This is the same why I think Anet won't add any more healing skills, since engineer already has all healing skills filled.

Edited by Kodama.6453

32 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Problem with adding 2 elite skills once again is that engineer doesn't fit the skill type contribution.

All other classes have 5 different core skill types, hence why you want 2 new elite skills for the missing 2.

But engineer just has 4 different core skill types (gadgets, turrets, elixirs, kits), so there is just 1 elite skill slot open for us.

This is the same why I think Anet won't add any more healing skills, since engineer already has all healing skills filled.

The initial unfairness on giving Engineer a smaller subset of skill types can be rectified by giving it a new skill type and itself should not be a reason for holding back other classes.

16 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The initial unfairness on giving Engineer a smaller subset of skill types can be rectified by giving it a new skill type and itself should not be a reason for holding back other classes.

Sorry, but I consider at least some fairness between classes to be desirable.

Sure, they could design a new skill type for engineer to make it fair again, but looking at the minimal effort which Anet is putting into redesigns and such in the last time, do we really expect them to go through the hustle of deleting 1 utility skill of each type and then design a comletely new skill type for engineer just so other classes can get 1 more elite skill and healing skill?

44 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Sorry, but I consider at least some fairness between classes to be desirable.

Sure, they could design a new skill type for engineer to make it fair again, but looking at the minimal effort which Anet is putting into redesigns and such in the last time, do we really expect them to go through the hustle of deleting 1 utility skill of each type and then design a comletely new skill type for engineer just so other classes can get 1 more elite skill and healing skill?

Nah, its Anet, they'll never give Engi another core utility type or even rework turrets. I still think there should be a heal and elite for every skill type though. As far as giving Engi a 'new' skill type via the lowest effort possible, I'd break the Bomb kit into its own skill type and rework the bomb kit skills as needed.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can I get an elite shout and stance for my warrior then please?

If it's a warrior elite shout it definitely gotta be "I will avenge you!": Grant Barrier to allies within range. For each ally below 50% health within range gain fury and might.

Stance? Warrior's endurance: Periodically gain alacrity and regeneration.

1 minute ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

If it's a warrior elite shout it definitely gotta be "I will avenge you!": Grant Barrier to allies within range. For each ally below 50% health within range gain fury and might.

Stance? Warrior's endurance: Periodically gain alacrity and regeneration.

"IWAY!" should totally come back, but it should grant quickness, fury, and 10 stacks of might for 5s each in an AoE with a duration increase for any ally below 50% HP.

Warrior's Endurance would be more like regeneration and resolution pulsing.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

"IWAY!" should totally come back, but it should grant quickness, fury, and 10 stacks of might for 5s each in an AoE with a duration increase for any ally below 50% HP.

Warrior's Endurance would be more like regeneration and resolution pulsing.

IWAY was all about regenerating health point while Warrior's endurance was about energy conservation. Which is what led me to suggest those boons and effects.

1 minute ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

IWAY was all about regenerating health point while Warrior's endurance was about energy conservation. Which is what led me to suggest those boons and effects.

IWAY was also an increased attack speed, ergo quickness. I'd personally would rather have quickness on a shout than barrier gain since Vigorous Shouts would provide the healing. I don't think healing+barrier would be a good idea.

I see your point on Warrior's Endurance though and will concede there.

I would love to see some "normal" utility become elite skill and have there utility spot filled by say more movement utility. So for ele arcain elite i like to see arcain power become an elite skill and add in an "normal" utility of an arcain leap skill or portal skill. At the same time seeing arcain power get a buff to its effect and maybe a longer cd as well.