ele can be remove from this game without any real consequence.

WindBlade.8749

This is the only class of this game that can be removed and it's will change nothing to the game..

Guardian affect the comp a lot because of the various utility they bring for wvw/pvp/pve + quickness and boon for firebrand for theses three gamemode to

Also a good dps filler.
Necro is an pve hard carry and good in pvp/wvw.

Engi is a dps filler but also a good support for wvw and will maybe become a meta support in pve with quickness (still need to see how things go.
Ranger have druid which is the absolute meta in pve because of the unique buff it's give + the good cc., rip the pvp gamemode in another hand, soulbeast is the meta burst class of the game (rip his soul for next patch).

Thief is really good in wvw for roaming but yea it's also a class that need some love in some aspect, but with the next patch it's should get really good in fractals.

Revenant is really good in the various gamemode of the game for a lot of reason that are a bit too long to explain like guardian.

Mesmer is well, like guardian one of the most meta class of the game, maybe not really in pvp gamemodes but in pve it's a really usful class.

Ele is ..... well a good filler dps but don't have anything to him, always behind the others dps anywhere and that only for weaver, tempest dps is not real and get even more nerf for no real reason.
Tempest support (maybe viable in pvp) is usless, there is no place where it's bring something to the team or you need it.
Without even speaking about the fact it's more hard to learn, to master and that you're really suiqhy without having anything to balance this fact.

The only place ele was a pick was in fractals and that was only if you really push it to his limit, it's was basicly playing hard mode while everyone else play easy mode.

Also next patch make it not true anymore.

You want a stable dps filler why play ele ? tempest dps do less than scrapper dps and holosmith, chrono, guardian, ranger is basicly the same thing but less squishy less hard to play and bring more to the team.

Why someone will choose to play elementalist over anything else except if you have fun with it, it's viable ? well only as a dps filler on one spec.

I'm mainly making this post a bit worried to have you guys sharing you opinion on this matter with next patch, no class should be in a state like this.

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 9

If classes were balanced around what is meta for endgame content, maybe you would have a point. Fortunately, Anet has delivered a game that isn't designed around these artificial mechanisms and so ele is a good play experience for lots of content. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Currently, my Elementalists are what keeps me motivated enough to do dailies every day.

It most likely is the favourite professions for many others as well.

Removing a profession merely because other professions can fill the same roles, albeit with less fun for said players, is simply a stupid decision.

That's like saying Druids, Monks, Rogues and Shamans and Warlocks could be removed from WoW because they are outperformed in their roles by other professions.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Currently, my Elementalists are what keeps me motivated enough to do dailies every day.

Removing a profession merely because other professions can fill the same roles, albeit with less fun for said players, is simply a stupid decision.

That's like saying Druids, Monks, Rogues and Shamans and Warlocks could be removed from WoW because they are outperformed in their roles by other professions.

i'm not saying we should remove it, just showing the poor state of ele.

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 3

I have a bit over 3k hours on my ele, which is my main. Less than 2k hours on all other classes combained. I absolutely love this class as you can see, but one thing I would love to see back is staff viability as DPS weapons. The way it was back in early days... It was nerfed because it was too easy to get big numbers with it (even though it was the TRUE glass cannon class), but nowadays most classes can cross 30k DPS with ease. To this day I run staff in open world although I would do more damage on a warrior with just one button. Why does the most mage-like version of elementalist is so bad across all game modes is just beyond me. I've lost hope ANET will ever buff it significantly. 

Edited by Omernon.9762
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Omernon.9762 said:

I have a bit over 3k hours on my ele, which is my main. Less than 2k hours on all other classes combained. I absolutely love this class as you can see, but one thing I would love to see back is staff viability as DPS weapons. The way it was back in early days... It was nerfed because it was too easy to get big numbers with it (even though it was the TRUE glass cannon class), but nowadays most classes can cross 30k DPS with ease. To this day I run staff in open world although I would do more damage on a warrior with just one button. Why does the most mage-like version of elementalist is so bad across all game modes is just beyond me. I've lost hope ANET will ever buff it significantly. 

Staff was indeed overnerf. it's basicly uslesss now

• Like 2

Speaking from PvP(/WvW) perspective. Ele is always...second, at the very best. Like before feb patch, it was okay, but still holo was better in w/e your role was. You can be mobile, but still some1 (teef, rev etc.) gonna do your role better. Tank? Same story, especially when ppl start crying about it and ANet straight forward deletes your power sources so your only option is spam condi, omegalul. Sometimes its prime, eg. support tempest, but not for long cuz nerfs inc, how can ele be meta...

Wouldnt recommend ele to any1, except connoisseurs. Yes, ele is a class for connoisseurs, it aint the best, but its viable. As long as you carry the class, not the other way around. Even while playing d/d core ele, 2012 spec, you can win multiple matchups. So overall, dont expect anything from ANet, they dont know a single thing about this class (cmc included) and pretty much every balance patch is a clownfiesta. Hf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

We all love ele too, played mine for close to 8k hrs now and yes few times I can have fun with the class but ...most other times I wonder why the profession even exists, there is no huge impact you can have anywhere.

Playing Tempest in WvW during chaotic battles is the closest thing to epic you'll ever feel with elementalist, the battles must be chaotic, the moment you face GvG guilds driven zergs...you stop being relevant with your tempest : no shared stability, no mass condi clear, no boon rip...jack squat nothing.

-Share shocking aura?...perma stability from FB brigade

-Condi clear?...Purity of Purpose scrapper laugh at you

-protection/regen share?...LoL guardians laugh at you again

Basically nobody would feel your absence and not Tag openly ask for Tempest in teamchat, they always ask for either scrappers, tons of them or firebrand, scourges....I can't remember the last time a commander asked for tempests in teamchat, it has been years since last time somebody specifically asked for a zerg ele.

Playing weaver sword...yes yes..very fun indeed as long as you face potatoes aiming to facehug you 24/7 but the moment you face good players on professions capable of weapon swapping who start ranging you...the fights become a chore, you spend 2/4 of the time chasing them with your sword teleport, LF and even RL and then you spend 2/4 recovering from all the AoE you eat getting close.

Core ele...yeah it's fun to play full zerk staff against a bunch of clueless pugs stacking on a bridge or chasing them down with a FA scepter build, then again you face organized groups and your staff dmg get laughed at. Barrier spam from scourges will invalidate most of your dmg even when you're full bloody zerk, meanwhile a passing reaper can down you with a passive **spinal shiver** for a whopping 9k dmg....

Honestly I play ele now because...been maining since launch and it was half decent back then when we had Jon Peters balancing the game, so I have the full story developed on this character but...I also played ranger for the last 4 years, I accomplish 3x more on this class with 3x less effort and I am 70% through GW2 story, soon 100%.

When the legendary armory launch I, will use necro over ele and I will have ranger as main for the story and everything else. On necro I don't need to equip specific weapons/utilities to avoid dying almost immediately to focus fire ( mistform-obsidian flesh -arcane shield ), I can just go core necro and my shroud alone will tank for days. A scourge can offer almost better support than a tempest overall, by stripping boons, offering barrier and ranged condi dmg - An ele can have a quick mobilibyt burst and overtake a reaper but then....**have to contend with the horrific CD** and at that point a Reaper will not only overtake you but also demolish you, kitten...Reapers have a 600 range charge on a 5s CD where ele have to wait 30s for the mobility skills to come back..why? Other professions have mobility skills on a 10s CD..but ele has 3x that number.....

• Like 3

I just play as ele. I love the mechanics and everything. I agree ele can be removed from the game without REAL consequences for group composition in PvE, PvP and WvW. But I think the ideal thing should be that every profession could have the same position. Not elementalists being "more important", but everyone being possible to removed from any composition without a real consequence, easily covered by another one (any or almost any profession, deppending on the role).

May I ask why you think that ele has less dps than all other dps classes?

Looking at the benchmarks from snowcrows, weaver has the highest benchmark of all classes against targets with big hitboxes (39,5k) and is still better than holosmith (not to mention WAY better than scrapper) against small hitboxes (38,5k against holosmith with 38k and scrapper is so much lower that it isn't even listed there).

So can you please provide a source and numbers for the claim that ele is such a bad dps?

• Like 1

I honestly only play ele cause weaver is a ton of fun. Is the rotation hard to master? Maybe, but if you perform well and hit high dps scores on arcdps shows the others that you are performing well and know what you do.

Sure we dont offer much utility in pve gameplay, but the rotation is so fun to play and quite enjoyable once you got the hang of it, I would never trade it for a 3 button boredom class 😄

59 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Looking at the benchmarks from snowcrows, weaver has the highest benchmark of all classes against targets with big hitboxes (39,5k) and is still better than holosmith (not to mention WAY better than scrapper) against small hitboxes (38,5k against holosmith with 38k and scrapper is so much lower that it isn't even listed there).

So can you please provide a source and numbers for the claim that ele is such a bad dps?

This is the main issue.. Weaver would be god mode if the raid bosses were just like golems that stand still, do nothing and Weaver has the 7 boons that SC say to have but that would be boring really and since each boss does something different, other classes are better , easier and give boons or buffs that Ele in general does not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I usually agree with all your posts, most of the time I don't even need to comment on a thread because you've already summarized my thoughts and written it down. This here is probably the first time I slightly disagree. 

Ele has very high damage in theory, as pointed out by mini crinn - against a golem or in ideal conditions the Ele has fantastic DPS. However, Ele has some very glaring issues in group PvE with its meta builds. 

1. It's damage is very dependent on your group. Since it outputs none of its own boons required to function at a high DPS level (one could argue might but its meta builds don't output much of that either). If you miss alacrity for even a couple seconds your DPS rotation gets completely jacked. Lacking quickness puts you at risk of dying (explained it point 2). 

2.  It's very dependent on your group for survival. Low health, lower resustain since you can't use water, locked into long animations at times.  You are at the mercy of your group to ensure your channels get off (having perma quickness). It's also dependent on factors that don't normally matter as much to some other classes (Regen/prot) as it can again just die to things others don't think about.

3. Usually the first sign your group is struggling is that your Ele is dead. Sometimes, just having gaps in a heal for whatever reason (druid out of juice for CA) is enough for the Ele to die. Our raid group for example on gorseval skips having to fly out by DPSing him to 66% then 33% and usually the Ele is just dead after the first phase - or unable to DPS because it keeps going down). Even with other low health classes (my dragon hunter, a thief), none of us die except the Ele.

4. You play Ele because you enjoy the class not because it outputs maximum efficiency. It literally brings nothing to a group that any other class can't. Holo is kind of in a similar boat with the other downside being that it's DPS is lower. The thing with holo, is that it's no where near as fragile or locked into as long channels. 

In summary I'd rather have any other class than an ele in my raids or high end fractals if the group is less than some snowcrows video.

Edited by Strider.7849
  • Like 2

How sensationalized. I don't agree with the lightning orb nerf either , but this is way out of hand. The buff to the scepter auto makes it seem like the balance team is more worried about auto-attack damage than people using skills.

Elementalists while not meta are still usable. If you have issues with the glassiness you can run marauder armor or full marauder ; weavers have Master's Fortitude (which is a default for fractals). The largest drawback to weaver spec elementalist right now is the lack of weapon swap if you use sword , with phase shift (POF/LS4/LS5 aka IBS) it is a problem since you can't do any damage whatsoever.

It is quite clear Arenanet wants tempests to be primarily a support spec, but what it is holding it back is the lack of profession-specific bonuses and lack of quickness/alacrity. If alacrity were added as a traited option (on Tempestuous Aria or Latent Stamina maybe)  for auras or shouts for example, they could very well be meta or close to meta since tempests can put out party might , swiftness, regen , and fury , clear condis (fire traitline), or protection (earth traitline). (see https://lucky-noobs.com/builds/power-might-tempest ) Similarly, dagger should actually be a better option than scepter since the overarching design goal has always been that melee does more damage than ranged.

A few years ago I expressed my concern regarding staff when lava font was nerfed. It was never reverted but other weapons took its place ; Arenanet has repeatedly expressed they do not want ranged weapons doing more damage than melee ones. In competitive modes however, it has a huge tell and animation. Luckily the rework of retal means elementalists will see some play even if briefly while people test after the patch.

The same thing goes for Pyromancer's Puissance, which saw plenty of use in competitive modes before it was reworked to expend might.

The biggest QoL change that could happen right now with minimal changes to the game is lowering RNG on the AOEs in PVE (i.e. Dragon's claw dagger auto at point blank, Lightning orb, overload air, meteor shower, etc).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

you know that huge hitbox don't exist in this game, even kc don't have it, also in the end, holosmith do more damage for various reason than a weaver, you want proof ?

Here an average of dps on vg :

- Weaver 14k

- Holo : 17k

src : https://gw2wingman.nevermindcreations.de/raid/vg

and that mostly the case for others boss.

Holo and weaver basicly do the same damage but in real fight except in really good static weaver really strugle if his not good at playing and don't have a perfect boon coverage.

Missing alac or quick at the wrong moment can kitten your rotation for a while in weaver.

And with next patch pweaver gonna be worse in term of dps because of the nerf.

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If you have issues with the glassiness you can run marauder armor or full marauder ;

Yes so you do less dps than the buffer ? and still give nothing to the team and as hard to paly, that not a solution or a way to fix the balance problem.

Edited by WindBlade.8749
  • Like 4

If Anet removed Elementalist and they offered a level 80 boost I would be happy to delete mine.

I have chosen to play Elementalist because I believe in the higher efforts/higher reward but I am disappointed my benchmark is similar to easier builds despite me investing at least 4 times the efforts.

I believe the dev team doesn't care about this profession looking at the latest balance changes, I have had my doubts a few months ago, now it's a certainty.

In order to use a CC you have to wait till you are on the correct attunement combination, other professions instead have an easier time swapping their weapons or putting their CC in the utility bar or on one of those F1-5 abilities.

It doesn't provide any quickness or alacrity.

It doesn't provide multiple unique boons like the druid does.

It's a dps glass cannon without the cannon as it's the squishiest thing you can play in this game.

Edited by Touchme.1097
  • Like 2

It literally brings nothing to the table, which sucks because it is my favorite profession but using it is like pulling teeth. It has no unique buffs, or roles, or access to certain boons. It self-boon application is trash, especially for might. This basically makes it hit like a wet noodle unless you have someone there to buff you. The traits are just wack and are pidgeonheld to affecting 1/4th of the skillbar. And then lets get into the weapons. I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of how the weapons were designed for ranges and not roles. For instance, I hate that every weapon has condi/power/defense/healing all built into it because you are then forced to balance everything around potentials. Like ok, the water healing will suck without healing stats, but you still have to balance the power as if you have access to that healing and or condi cleanse. It's a real kick in a cajones when this game incentivises min/maxing your role, and doesn't really allow for jack-of-all-trades to be effective. 

Having said all them nashty things about my child, I still like concept and the bones of the class. I'm a spazzy, button smashing kinda of person so I get my sweet sweet jollies off by playing the class. I just wish they made some big overhauls that could make the class more fun, useful, and streamlined. It needs to be able to focus harder on roles. I would think it would be nice if we could get more offensive uses out of water and earth, maybe only on a few weapons or with the help of traits. Make a weapon have more supportive fire/air skills or something too. I want scepter to be buffed, This thing was good in 2014, but it's "dueling" abilities have been blown out of the water by powercreep. Now its only useful in a one-shot gimmick build, idk if that is still even a thing. Staff needs to be brought up to speed, it just needs adjustments to make it more mobile and quicker. It's too stationary with its fields, meteor shower casting, and just older-styled slower skills. Thematically I'm also not a fan, I feel like i should be raining more terror down instead of making little itty bitty lava fonts and swooshing people away with gusts of air. Idk, I feel like the glyph of storms skills should all be on staff as regular skills, but thats just me. Annnnd, give ele a unique buff. Aura's don't count. 

Edited by ScottBroChill.3254
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScottBroChill.3254 said:

For instance, I hate that every weapon has condi/power/defense/healing all built into it because you are then forced to balance everything around potentials. Like ok, the water healing will suck without healing stats, but you still have to balance the power as if you have access to that healing and or condi cleanse. It's a real kick in a cajones when this game incentivises min/maxing your role, and doesn't really allow for jack-of-all-trades to be effective.

Why not doing something like fresh air for water, problem of water utility is that you never take it because you loose too much dps but if swapping to water cost nothing and you can instantly go to another attunement after using your skill ? it's will make your skill versality go up.

On 5/9/2021 at 9:10 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

ele is a good play experience for lots of content. 

a lot of content ? if you mean lot of content mean openworld sure everything is good in openworld, but sharing some love for wvw and instancied content is still important.

1 hour ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

a lot of content ? if you mean lot of content mean openworld sure everything is good in openworld, but sharing some love for wvw and instancied content is still important.

I think you need to get with the reality that this game is focused on PVE with WvW/PvP as afterthoughts. That's not going to change by making sensational threads about deleting classes from the game. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I think you need to get with the reality that this game is focused on PVE with WvW/PvP as afterthoughts. That's not going to change by making sensational threads about deleting classes from the game. 

and yea, instancied content where in pve you need balance outside of it, openworld ? well no.