The Top Leaderboard Names are making fun of you, Anet.

28 minutes ago, Filip.7463 said:

You are calling RIP wintrader? U can check his stream of his rankeds btw

You can tell when streamed ranked is theatrics from synched queues.

It's pretty obvious actually for people who have played the game for 9 years, that know how the game realistically works and how it doesn't work.

Examples:

1. When you play in ranked, if you get to 10% health everyone rides you until you go into downstate. When you go into downstate opponents kill you. But notice that in some streams, when the streamer gets to 10% health the opponents suddenly begin ignoring him. And if the streamer goes into downstate, the opponents waddle away and forget about him, then his team mates literally drop what they are doing and all go to him to 3 to 4 man revive him The PUG team mates and opponents seem to be hyper aware as to make sure the streamer doesn't die. Interesting no?
  2. Strange circumstances to make sure matches are close in point value, too close, as if a group of players were streaming live and trying to make a win trade not look like a win trade. You roll into the same team as some high rated players. Your match begins and you very easily get a crushing 250 to 50 point lead. But then mysteriously your highly superior team seems to be baiting for the opponents to equal point value, by doing things like standing off node clearly on purpose to allow decaps, running around the map kiting while doing nothing when you know the players doing it are amongst the best in the game. Suddenly the enemy team is now leading 280 to 260. Then your team starts playing hard again and ends up winning 500 300 in the end. Or sometimes they all try to play normally as to make the match actually look normal. But as soon as the mains are on the losing end who are supposed to be being supported by the synchs, strange things begin happening to ensure that they win. The better your team is doing, mysteriously the worse some player or two on your team begins to throw, almost as if they had to keep doing stupider and stupider things to ensure your team loses.

When people win trade off stream they tend to be lazy and blatant about what is happening. Sometimes they go as far as to throw into people's faces publicly in chats with some janky message drop where they say what they are doing without saying it. This often happens from obvious alt accounts being used for synch queues that have ridiculously incriminating names like: "ThrowGod" or "IamWinTrading" lol I mean, has no one else ever noticed this?

But when people win trade on stream, they have methods to try and make the match look legit. Use your common sense and start paying attention. It's not hard to see what's going on.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

I just want people to stop playing on alts. Tbh whoever you are, if you are god of pvp and play on an alt- that is cringe. We think less of people like that, unless it’s cross region I guess cuz of duo q. You really don’t need an alt to be rank 1 and even less you don’t need more than 1 again most people think much less of you for alting.

• Like 5

I can share my story why I decided to stay away from ranked during off-peak hours this season. I am sure the same happened to a lot of us.

First of all, I am not a particularly good player (plat 1). Few weeks ago, I was playing ranked in the afternoon before prime time when I faced a Top 10 duo in 2 consecutive matches. I was gold 3 at that time.

The first game, I was against them and while I was expecting to have strong teammates and their team to have mostly golds or silvers, it wasn't the case and I could not recognize any name apart this duo. I was playing a side noder role and I spent most of the game engaged in 1V2 fights on sides. Well, we were being run over by this duo. Literally crushed! Like nothing was stopping them and my team was just going mid and dying all game. Still, we lost with a score like 250 vs 500.

Then, the next match, I ended up in their team! I thought it is going to be an easy game and I'll be able to see top players in action and how they managed snowballing our team in the last match. My mistake here was not to better check who we were facing because guess what? We lost 400 vs 500. They played passively all match long, contributing to nothing just roaming here and there! I earned most of the stats of this game while I had to defend home 1Vx most of the game. That was just crazy and because the same thing happened the same week in 3 consecutive games (I was plat then 🙂) against a top 10 player queuing with a gold player to the point you know the game is lost from start. I decided to never again play ranked except in prime time.

By the way, I am surprised nobody is talking about the drama going on in NA with a streamer being carried to Top 10 and his duo being accused of account sharing, alting and asking for wins. His line of defense is he did not engage in wintrading directly but happened to just play with a very strong duo which is perfectly allowed... When is DuoQ be removed from ranked or made into a separate league, when? Anet do whatever you want but come with a solution that does not put SoloQ players to such a disadvantage in Ranked against players you let play the system. We are going to leave that's the only thing you will get if you do nothing.

Edited by Ivarian.9018
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Leaderbord is looking like this because there are 20 people that can play the game and we are all zoo

because there are 20 people that have been playing this game for years, have nothing else to do and most people quit long before investing nearly as much time as them into the game.

Fixed that for you.

• Like 2

well, what do you expect?

When some very famous PvPer. Godess of PvP title, was identified as wintrader, what happened?

ANET slapped that person on the wrist. Nothing else.

Which showed the wintraders that this kind of cheating will not have any backlash at all.

If Anet had removed the titles of that person, ranks, and maybe a real ban, wintraders might have been discouraged. But this weak response actually motivated the cheaters.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

well, what do you expect?

When some very famous PvPer. Godess of PvP title, was identified as wintrader, what happened?

ANET slapped that person on the wrist. Nothing else.

Which showed the wintraders that this kind of cheating will not have any backlash at all.

If Anet had removed the titles of that person, ranks, and maybe a real ban, wintraders might have been discouraged. But this weak response actually motivated the cheaters.

How to prove someone is a wintrader? Because u win him in 1v1?

46 minutes ago, Filip.7463 said:

How to prove someone is a wintrader? Because u win him in 1v1?

Many people got exposed with Screenshots, Videos, etc... Like a real proof that they wintrade, esp dumb when they wintrade on an alt account that is known as their account 

24 minutes ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Many people got exposed with Screenshots, Videos, etc... Like a real proof that they wintrade, esp dumb when they wintrade on an alt account that is known as their account 

Yes public knows thats their alt in oppo team which is dced, but how can anet prove they were multiboxing in pvp match?

On 5/10/2021 at 1:46 AM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I just want people to stop playing on alts. Tbh whoever you are, if you are god of pvp and play on an alt- that is cringe. We think less of people like that, unless it’s cross region I guess cuz of duo q. You really don’t need an alt to be rank 1 and even less you don’t need more than 1 again most people think much less of you for alting.

A few days from now I decided to never show my rank again until things get better because of those guys. I know of people who take pleasure to tank peoples rank then just flail it on their main whenever they have it.

It's disgusting, to think for the longest time I have only played on my main exclusively and made it all through the constant bollocks while those whom have been giving me trouble are those who take no risk.

It should almost be called Bragging Wars 2 for what it is when nothing is legitimate anymore. It's laughable when you by yourself put down any of these guys with ease on the alt and the main, even more when they decide to not leave the game and afk in spam just to kitten off specific people.

51 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Ur reaction to this subject is suspect.

Im just explaining why is no one getting banned by arenanet. If u have better explanation, please let me know.

im not supporting wintrading though, just saying how it is

Edited by Filip.7463

6 minutes ago, Filip.7463 said:

Im just explaining why is no one getting banned by arenanet. If u have better explanation, please let me know.

In all honesty looking at the many design and implemented decisions anet has given the go ahead on I couldn't begin to understand their actions regarding their lack of anti cheat actions.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

3 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

In all honesty looking at the many design and implemented decisions anet has given the go ahead on I couldn't begin to understand their actions regarding their lack of anti cheat actions.

The problem is they take player reports as chat based logs (read red thing when submitting report). Like if u report bot, anet will do nothing because u dont have conversation with bot. If someone in your team is throwing on purpose and u report him as match manipulation, anet will do nothing except if that player wrote in team chat “i will throw”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

A few days from now I decided to never show my rank again until things get better because of those guys. I know of people who take pleasure to tank peoples rank then just flail it on their main whenever they have it.

It's disgusting, to think for the longest time I have only played on my main exclusively and made it all through the constant bollocks while those whom have been giving me trouble are those who take no risk.

It should almost be called Bragging Wars 2 for what it is when nothing is legitimate anymore. It's laughable when you by yourself put down any of these guys with ease on the alt and the main, even more when they decide to not leave the game and afk in spam just to kitten off specific people.

Yeah literally the ‘circles’ of ‘top players’ will be glad to throw your rating on an alt to make sure you don’t get that title and the rest are boosted.

like I find it amazing that I can do seasons with 99% solo q and no alting and get to the same ratings as the ‘top players’ on my region.

tbh the redeeming factor is that both them and I know that when things get rough I will find a way to farm them at some point, in ranked or daily ats.

3 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Ur reaction to this subject is suspect.

lolol thank you, my thoughts exactly.

The time for propaganda defense vs. win trading is over. The cat is long out of the bag and the problem is glaringly large to the point that a person can't NOT see it when queueing ranked.

These streamers lost their reputations and support from the community a long time ago. In all of their zeal, I'm not so sure some of them realize this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

I know exactly what you mean.

I often think about how inflated the egos are of these people. I'll be sitting at 1580-1600 p2 and I'll have some of these guys trash talk me about my rating as they sit on a win traded 1700+. I often wonder who are they really trying to fool at this point? The community or themselves? Regardless, the only ones they are fooling at this point are themselves.

I'll tell you what, to legitimately cleanly solo queue to 1600 range is seriously not easy to do. If you can legitimately touch 1600 range in this toxic environment, that is no longer plat 2 it becomes Adamantine 2. I often wonder if these players who are so used to cheating could even do that themselves without match manipulation tactics.

I only solo q, this season alone I've hit plat 1 on thief, war and ranger multiple times on each yet the majority of the time im gold and even silver 3, the solo q in this game is a clown party. U get afk'rs when ur teams 100 pionts behind(easily possible to come back from), players who leave teamfights to jion a teammate whose capping uncontested nodes, two players full capping uncontested nodes, players who have 0 clue about mechanics like bell,Skyhammer, artifacts or beasts etc or do but just ignore em, new players or pve players who don't play unranked due to to better rewards in ranked, players who are just farming and care less about rank or wins. These are all common things seen by a solo only q'r, add now duo q,wintraders and any other match manipulation and ranked becomes a crazy Rollercoaster ride of frustration for anyone actually attempting to secure wins, raise in rank and genuinely improve at the game.

Long story short is only real option is to not give a $hit and just play for fun,  a players rank really means nothing these days in gw2 as u can literally have matches where u feel like u are literally trying with ur opponents and walking all over them yet ur teams being destroyed by them in almost every engagement lol so u lose the match cuz u can't compensate for their feeds and u lose rank, fun. Before someone one says get good enough to compensate the piont is u shouldn't have to compensate for ur teammates so heavily so often.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1