Any word on game performance improvements?

5 hours ago, Malitias.8453 said:

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone here who has stable 60fps?
If so, what are you specs?

Most probably everyone will give you a similar answer: Open World regular content: over 60 FPS and Zerg content between 10 and 40 FPS or so.

I have Ryzen 5 3600 with Radeon RX 5700 XT and 16 GB RAM 2666 mhz and the only place where my FPS drops is in zergs, where it's between 20-40 FPS, around 30 most of the time. I have everything set on max details. In Open World regular environments (walking around, doing events, story etc) it's over 80, it can pass even over 100.

Edited by Crono.4197
Small typo
  • Thanks 1

For some reason, AMD cards seem to keep stable high frame rates compared to NVIDIA. Just a personal experience and opinion. 
I have two rigs which are nearly identical. Rig #1 (mine) R5 3600 with 1660super and Rig #2 (daughters) R5 2600 with RX570. Those are the only differences with the two. Same RAM, Mobo, everything else is the same. The RX570 rig averages 78FPS according to Radeon Software and in game, it barely dips below 45-50, even in blob fights in WvW. My personal rig seems to average around 62FPS and goes to a whooping 30FPS in blob fights. For open world, I don't see much of a difference FPS around 80-120 depending on the map unless there are large zergs. 

I do have d12pxy on both computers and it does seem to help a lot.

Edit: Settings aren't maxed all the way though. The only ones I have on low are Character Model and Quality thingy. Rest are medium and high settings.

Edited by Sytriel.9413

17 hours ago, ScottBroChill.3254 said:

Yeah, thats like saying the fallout games and elder scrolls games are fine on steam because you can make them almost 100% stable with heavy modding. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to make a game that old be stable, thats on the company.

Are you saying that original fallout games are not fine?

It would make a difference to make a change from DirectX 9, but another bottleneck is there. There's a single thread that always caps out. They've been chipping at it, but it's still there. Good single thread performance on a CPU helps out for GW2.

The system I had built for me a few months ago, has an i9-10900K, a 3090 video card and several SSDs. All components are either ASUS or Fractal. Settings in game are all on max. The only time I see things getting choppy is in places like Tarir where you have a pile of people all pouring into the hole to get at the chests down there. Aside from that, I've been quite happy. The graphics in this game are AMAZING!

• Like 2