Leechers in Dragonstorm [Merged]

Lenny.1462

Everyday i do dragonstorm i see ~5 leechers, only attacking jormag/primordus for the AP and go afk for the rest of the time. I see the SAME guys doing that over and over. A "report for leeching" option, like in gw1 PvP would be a great feature.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

While I dislike leechers/AFK'ers too, I'm thinking it's easier to just do the event and get your rewards and be happy with that. Don't bother with these few players; all metas have players who probably AFK/leech at them, and rather than reporting them, we can only hope Anet add some inactivity feature like they do have for events around in maps so that if you don't contribute you're not eligible for rewards either. Them getting a couple of blues & greens and some mats, it doesn't hurt you much does it... at least, I personally find I get a more rewarding and enjoyable playing experience if I ignore these AFK'ers.

• Like 12

I could see a report leeching option get abused too by people just wanting to troll.  Or if you infrequently have to deal with a real-life issue for a couple minutes and temporarily AFK, even if you're only away for a few minutes there will be those vindictive types that will report you.  (Potentially causing the GMs to spend extra cycles investigating the report.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

It may be annoying to see but provided your instance is full, those 5-10 people aren't really affecting things since even if they were to fight the bosses, that would maybe cut 30 seconds off the fight. People who refuse to do the pre-events for the Megadestroyer and Shatterer are far worse than Dragonstorm leechers, imo.

There has to be an assumption that there will be a certain percentage of people who will do the bare minimum to still get rewards so as long as that's the case (which is with Dragonstorm) it can be frustrating to see but the impact on everyone else is negligible.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

If the final reward was based upon the number of gold medal results for sub events, leeching wouldn't be worth it.

Truth be told, playing through the instance is already barely worth it in my view and I don't blame people for just kind of sitting there waiting for it to be over (I kinda feel the same way about Drakkar, though Drakkar is slightly worse for all the time you have to sink into it). I do the whole event chain every time (mostly for the AP credit), but it's not very entertaining to me and the rewards feel pretty uninspiring. They can tighten up things like participation, but after people knock out the 'dodge meatballs' 'bap dragon on nose' 'tell Ryland no' achievements, I suspect you'll either see a sharp drop in participants full-stop or nothing but people doing the bare minimum to pitch in regardless of any safeguards in place.

Dragonstorm was added to the world boss device, so give it a month and you'll be looking at Shadow Behemoth 2.0 in terms of who shows up and what level of effort they put in. New instance, old issue. Personally, like with world bosses, I just shrug at AFK players in Dragonstorm because their behavior generally has no impact on the meta (ie: my ability to get loot). This is just a busywork instance to tide people over until the next thing gets released.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Truth be told, playing through the instance is already barely worth it in my view and I don't blame people for just kind of sitting there waiting for it to be over (I kinda feel the same way about Drakkar, though Drakkar is slightly worse for all the time you have to sink into it). I do the whole event chain every time (mostly for the AP credit), but it's not very entertaining to me and the rewards feel pretty uninspiring. They can tighten up things like participation, but after people knock out the 'dodge meatballs' 'bap dragon on nose' 'tell Ryland no' achievements, I suspect you'll either see a sharp drop in participants full-stop or nothing but people doing the bare minimum to pitch in regardless of any safeguards in place.

Dragonstorm was added to the world boss device, so give it a month and you'll be looking at Shadow Behemoth 2.0 in terms of who shows up and what level of effort they put in. New instance, old issue. Personally, like with world bosses, I just shrug at AFK players in Dragonstorm because their behavior generally has no impact on the meta (ie: my ability to get loot). This is just a busywork instance to tide people over until the next thing gets released.

I find the meta has little replayability. I'm doing it for my achievements and then I am never going in there again. I don't need the prismaticite, and the single blue or (this really happened) yellow item that drops plus the 2 gold isn't motivating. It's to the point where a bunch of us are linking our single shite item in say so that we can sarcastically congratulate each other on the awesome drop. A couple of people have linked the scion chests, which I assume are on the drop table rather than a troll. But one person said that they thought they got it as their 1000th chest opening reward.

I don't begrudge people putting in close to 0 effort in this meta. Hooray for their 2 gold, crappy piece of gear, and prismaticite. Any instance that only rewards people if they use a special action key for the few moments at the end of a meta has set itself up to be leeched, by design.

• Like 3

the reward is by character, if they dont swap alts, they are just losing time here. mobs loot rate is low too. even just tagging mobs(errrr... low profile leeching) they will get near 0 loot. if is for AP, well someday they get all AP earnable here and leave.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

1 minute ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

The reward that everyone wants is actually once per day per account.  The reward available per character is isn't really any much better than a regular DRM.

i like farm it a bit with muliple alts, is average 30 defense seals+5 prismaticite. i have 9 alts, can farm near 300 defense seals. 20~25 prismaticite, basically craft 2~3 ingots per day. unfortunately the ingot price dropped a lot(6g last time) was ~12g before this meta.

It's not against the rules to leech and shouldn't be as determining who's leeching isn't an easy task for support team that barely manages to ban obvious bots, but it'd be nice if people brought classes that at least provide passive bonuses if they don't want to participate in the event actively as it'd make finishing the event a little bit faster which saves everyone's time, including their own.

But let's be real, almost everyone who isn't doing it for the first time does it for the rewards. Games are supposed to be fun, so I can't really blame people for being fed up with doing same thing over and over again, every single day for a reward, which you can only get using one method. Same can be said about Cold War, it's designed to be grinded repeatedly. Whoever decided to create a repetitive, boring mission like that without a single thing changing each time you do it isn't a true gamer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I guess it has to do with some mechanics of the event. I found out, to get the masterypoint for 10 times participating you have to fill up the progress bar full when you support Aurene. Sometimes your personal bar dont fill up fast enough, so it dont count for this progress for the MP. So people will retreat from the final breakbar phase and go the the crystalls so they are there in advance and get their progress.

Since all you have to do to get full daily reward is to press special action key once during the "final push" after being afk for 20 min, you should not be surprised that people will leech it. Also seeing another thread about this I do wonder how many people would like to kick leechers off open world maps for exact same behavior 🤔

11 hours ago, Kyrios.8736 said:

but it'd be nice if people brought classes that at least provide passive bonuses if they don't want to participate in the event actively as it'd make finishing the event a little bit faster which saves everyone's time, including their own.

That's a terrific and reasonable request.

2 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Report them all as bots. This is no different than those gold sellers that do map key farms that exploit Anet oversights.

Considering that they're not breaking any rules, those reporting them are more likely to see themselves get into trouble.  That is of course if there's anyone that even looks into those reports anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gaining benefit and reward without doing any significant action is the same as gaining and benefiting by having a computer do it for you. By definition, AFK farming is botting.

This has been a serious problem since Siren's Landing lets you get max coffer purchase even if you did nothing and got zero event credit. People afk farming in Dragonstorm can do even less.

Edited by Eloc Freidon.5692
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

There is leeching every where. More annoying that you can be fighting a boss, say, doing most of the work and some dude comes again hits it a *couple* of times, runs off and gets credit. You should have to do a minimum amount of damage to get anything. 

Edited by Dami.5046