Leechers in Dragonstorm [Merged]

Lenny.1462

On 5/12/2021 at 10:18 AM, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Since all you have to do to get full daily reward is to press special action key once during the "final push" after being afk for 20 min, you should not be surprised that people will leech it. Also seeing another thread about this I do wonder how many people would like to kick leechers off open world maps for exact same behavior 🤔

The problem I have with it is that you need to do this channel to get credit for the achievement and while I have participated in the event like 30 times, I have only gotten credit 8 times. So, now I feel like to ensure I get the credit I need, I'm just going to stand at the prism and not fight so I can press R as soon as it's available.

15 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

You just need credit for one event in the meta which is trivial. When I tested it, one special action on one of the dragons was enough to give me credit. 

If this is the case I prefer the bugged version where Ryland and Braham dead within 10 secs. Ez Dragonstorm everyone happy.
I don't know why they so obsessed fixing the bug on dragonstorm where braham and ryland dead, but ignore some other old bug from HoT or PoF or anything.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

The problem I have with it is that you need to do this channel to get credit for the achievement and while I have participated in the event like 30 times, I have only gotten credit 8 times. So, now I feel like to ensure I get the credit I need, I'm just going to stand at the prism and not fight so I can press R as soon as it's available.

You can fightr all you want just skip the last cc phase and go to crystal instead.

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

You can fightr all you want just skip the last cc phase and go to crystal instead.

Yeah, but still... I feel like it's just bad design to need to skip a part of the group effort so I can get credit for an achievement. I mean, being there so early is half the reason I can never get there in time, people are already doing that.

Why can't it just give credit at the same time as awarding loot?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

Yeah, but still... I feel like it's just bad design to need to skip a part of the group effort so I can get credit for an achievement. I mean, being there so early is half the reason I can never get there in time, people are already doing that.

Why can't it just give credit at the same time as awarding loot?

You can do the cc phase and get back to the crystal in time to do the special action but apparently your abit slow to get up there so better skip it,

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

You can do the cc phase and get back to the crystal in time to do the special action but apparently your abit slow to get up there so better skip it,

Not in the instances I have played in and I have done this at least 30 times. Considering it is channeled to 100% about 5s after Aurene starts speaking, there is almost no time to get up there. Hence my point. It's just bad design when people have to skip out on parts of a group event to then fight over the limited channel available.

On 11/16/2021 at 5:34 PM, DKRathalos.9625 said:

If this is the case I prefer the bugged version where Ryland and Braham dead within 10 secs. Ez Dragonstorm everyone happy.
I don't know why they so obsessed fixing the bug on dragonstorm where braham and ryland dead, but ignore some other old bug from HoT or PoF or anything.

That's how its always worked, if its something that benefits us, it gets fixed faster then anything 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2021 at 11:36 PM, mythical.6315 said:

They just fixed it as you didn't have to do a thing before which differed from other DRMs and meta events.

Agreed that now you gotta at least press ONE button, but still, not the fix they mentioned in the patch notes, saying it would require multiple event participation and all.. 😕

On 11/16/2021 at 11:06 PM, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

Not in the instances I have played in and I have done this at least 30 times. Considering it is channeled to 100% about 5s after Aurene starts speaking, there is almost no time to get up there. Hence my point. It's just bad design when people have to skip out on parts of a group event to then fight over the limited channel available.

You can also create your own squad map and do those there. I don't know if the story instance also counts or not... I haven't tried that.

---

And we are once again with tons of AFK farmers. By the wp, by the pylons, by the prisms, flying over the battlefield and at the chest area. ANET.... go back to the 10s kills, at least we wouldn't have to see the AFKs faces for long.

Edited by hgkmaxymus.9321
adding the AFK abusers still remain
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hgkmaxymus.9321 said:

Agreed that now you gotta at least press ONE button, but still, not the fix they mentioned in the patch notes, saying it would require multiple event participation and all.. 😕

It didn’t say that. 

• Events during Dragonstorm have been updated to not award participation to inactive players.
  • Increased the minimum participation required to receive the end rewards from Dragonstorm.
Edited by mythical.6315

On 11/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, mythical.6315 said:

It didn’t say that. 

• Events during Dragonstorm have been updated to not award participation to inactive players.
  • Increased the minimum participation required to receive the end rewards from Dragonstorm.

Sorry, it is just, to me, that "increased the minimum" meant they had to do more to get the rewards xD
And more = more events, in this case (to me again xD)

Oh well, back to hating this event xD

8 minutes ago, hgkmaxymus.9321 said:

Sorry, it is just, to me, that "increased the minimum" meant they had to do more to get the rewards xD
And more = more events, in this case (to me again xD)

Oh well, back to hating this event xD

Considering you dident have to do anything before 1 event is a 100% increase right?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TristisOris.2165 said:

big blob, no dps

Well ofc. not, the scaling in this game is horrendous. In context of the average players the overall dps gained by adding another one stands in no relation to the HP the mobs gain. This is especially true for the IBS where the mobs are considerably more spongy than usual.

Ironically the IBS could have addressed the issue quite efficiently (and would have also addressed the whole "racial elite" topic) with gizmo versions of the faction aids from the allied factions as the two combat transformations both have around 10k DPS.

But as things are rn public runs for DS will continue to take (on average) 20-30 min which IMO is far to long given how repetitive the content is and the only thing that even has a chance to have an impact on this is the Mechanist depending on how strong the mech ends up being and how many people pick it up.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still hope ANET does something. This guy had 3-4 accounts parked at the waypoint (and there were some other AFKs there too). More at prisms and skyscales flying over the battlefield. They take spots of people who could... IDK... PARTICIPATE?!

https://imgur.com/a/Rg51dNJ

For real, I am almost joining them, since ANET doesn't do anything. They can AFK all the way in and just run to the prism at the last second to get the participation/chest. The fight takes 15-20 minutes. Reduce the bosses health pool or get rid of these idio...s.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1