Leechers in Dragonstorm [Merged]

Lenny.1462

58 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

So technically speaking NaramSin.2693 is using the accurate term when accusing regular afkers of anti-social behaviour.

Not really. Anti-social behaviour in this context would be if someone was coming to this instance specifically to grief others. I don't think AFKers in Dragonstorm come there for that reason though - they are in it only for easy profit at minimum effort.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Not really. Anti-social behaviour in this context would be if someone was coming to this instance specifically to grief others. I don't think AFKers in Dragonstorm come there for that reason though - they are in it only for easy profit at minimum effort.

In a way they are because their very presence there is contributing to the upscaling without them contributing to the completion of the event and the higher DPS requirements to beat it that they are contributing towards.

When this is being done regularly by a reasonable amount of players which is what people seem to be claiming is happening then they are straight up leeching which is a long standing taboo in MMO's which can also be considered and act of griefing in this regard since these players are actively making the instance harder and longer for everyone else.. thus also making it less fun and more annoying to play.

• Like 3

Some people tought I was afk while I was just sniping with Deadeye,there are spots where you can hit any of the bosses at least 90% of the time,when not just killing mobs

But is annoying when you stop just a few seconds and system says you are out of the current event for inactivity...wtf

Devs should develop a mm system where these type of ''leechers'' get matched altogether so in time they will learn to play well,many games have such systems and works quite fine

5 hours ago, Amnariel.3659 said:

Some people tought I was afk while I was just sniping with Deadeye,there are spots where you can hit any of the bosses at least 90% of the time,when not just killing mobs

But is annoying when you stop just a few seconds and system says you are out of the current event for inactivity...wtf

Devs should develop a mm system where these type of ''leechers'' get matched altogether so in time they will learn to play well,many games have such systems and works quite fine

And how would that MM system work?  What kind of metrics would it track?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Astellas.4271 said:

Today DS meta tooks 40 minutes. There were more afkers than in the battle with Ryland

I was in that instance, too, it was the worst DS meta I've ever seen. There were around 15 leechers from what I could tell.

Worst part was that the afk-ers were constantly complaining about how the dps of actual participating members was low, that they should get better gear/builds, and generally blaming 'bad' players for the long duration of the meta- while contributing nothing (other than upscaling the event) and doing literally 0 damage themselves during the entire 40 minute meta.

These people are the worst, and I would love for Anet to finally address this issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kirigaya Kazuto.8547 said:

Tbf I completely understand leeching in Dragonstorm. The rewards for a 30min event are the worst in the entire game and the event is very boring.

Absolutely not worth it playing the event actively.

You expressed the same view in another thread, so you get the same response from me:

The rewards are "bad" but still worth leeching? What kind of a mentality is that? This is like purposefully dying in a hard(er) bossfight and then not teleporting away.

• Like 1

Just finished an instance that took (for the second time) 45 minutes to complete, with more than 30 afk people.

I am not willing to do this anymore, unless they start kicking people out of the instance after 1-2 minutes of inactivity. Needing such a long time for that instance is absurd, when you can complete it easily in 17-18 minutes , if everyone is participating.

/smh

Edited by Laivine.9308
  • Like 1

Yesterday DS 16 min, today 44 min.

They were more players afk than on the bosses.

Would you be kind enough to put an auto kick if a player doesn't move and use  two different skills for one minute ?

Edited by arafel.9801
to replace "doesn't move or use" by "doesn't move and use"
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeG.6389 said:

You expressed the same view in another thread, so you get the same response from me:

The rewards are "bad" but still worth leeching? What kind of a mentality is that? This is like purposefully dying in a hard(er) bossfight and then not teleporting away.

People “AFK” farm despite the loot being “bad” from it. The thing you’re not accounting for is the effort the player is making and they can simply be doing something else worthwhile in the meantime until it’s time to do the final event in order to get credit. From an effort to reward basis, from their perspective, it is rewarding enough for them to do while “AFK”. 

Edited by mythical.6315

1 minute ago, mythical.6315 said:

People “AFK” farm despite the loot being “bad” from it. The thing you’re not accounting for is the effort the player is making and they can simply be doing something else worthwhile in the meantime until it’s time to do the final event in order to get credit. 

What's the effort in joining the instance and then doing nothing? What am I not accounting for here that is worthwhile? Do the washing? Take out the trash? Please... The only thing they do is possibly scaling the thing for everyone else, then hit something in the final event and get credit. Am I summing it up correctly?

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

What's the effort in joining the instance and then doing nothing? What am I not accounting for here that is worthwhile? Do the washing? Take out the trash? Please... The only thing they do is possibly scaling the thing for everyone else, then hit something in the final event and get credit. Am I summing it up correctly?

Exactly, there is no effort. But they get rewards for the lack of effort. That is why they do the meta while standing around until the final event. You questioned why they do it if the rewards are bad and it is because they can get those rewards for little to know effort on their part which makes it rewarding enough for them to park themselves into the instance. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Exactly, there is no effort. But they get rewards for the lack of effort. That is why they do the meta while standing around until the final event. You questioned why they do it if the rewards are bad and it is because they can get those rewards for little to know effort on their part which makes it rewarding enough for them to park themselves into the instance. 

So, in essence, they are putting in the effort they think the rewards deserve...

Well, lucky for them that not everyone thinks the same way.

41 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

So, in essence, they are putting in the effort they think the rewards deserve...

Well, lucky for them that not everyone thinks the same way.

Not exactly. They’re putting the the effort that they feel that it is worth doing for them. There’s a difference between that and what you said. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MikeG.6389 said:

If there is, I fail to see it.

I’ve explained it a couple times in the past several posts but I’ll give another example. Many people feel that the costs for Legendaries are justified while some of them don’t go for it because those costs are not worth it for them based on their own individual preferences. 

1 minute ago, mythical.6315 said:

I’ve explained it a couple times in the past several posts but I’ll give another example. Many people feel that the costs for Legendaries are justified while some of them don’t go for it because those costs are not worth it for them based on their own individual preferences. 

How is that relevant to leeching in an instanced event?

This is a thread about AFK players who not only make it harder for the rest to complete the events but get the same rewards for it. The perceived value of those rewards shouldn't even be a part of the discussion.

1 hour ago, MikeG.6389 said:

How is that relevant to leeching in an instanced event?

This is a thread about AFK players who not only make it harder for the rest to complete the events but get the same rewards for it. The perceived value of those rewards shouldn't even be a part of the discussion.

It's because you were having issues with the example relevant to the thread topic.  I was showing you the concept a different way so that you could see the difference and then apply that newly obtained knowledge to my example I had given earlier.  Sometimes the best way to understand something that one is having issues with is to simply look at it a different way thus the legendary example.

Edited by mythical.6315

1 hour ago, mythical.6315 said:

It's because you were having issues with the example relevant to the thread topic.  I was showing you the concept a different way so that you could see the difference and then apply that newly obtained knowledge to my example I had given earlier.  Sometimes the best way to understand something that one is having issues with is to simply look at it a different way thus the legendary example.

Defending Leeching in Dragonstorm is now not very good. 

I have multiple screenshots of the exact same 10+ accounts that join this meta just to afk it. 

Most of these people have the same clan tag, and just do this consistently. We had almost 15+ afks in one instance. That one took so kitten long. 
This meta needed a activity mechanic or participation mechanic. It would not be hard and the people who actually join and work on the meta would have a MUCH EASIER time to beat it because they are joining to participate and not AFK FARM .
These people are quite literally botting. Should be instance kickable and bannable for a week.

• Like 2