Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Recommended Posts

Dragonstorm is like Tequatl but without the constraint of going earlier than spawn time to get in a good map. If people AFK leech in Teq, surely in Dragonstorm even more so.

I've seen people with alt accounts do this all the time. It's guaranteed 2g per account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I dislike leechers/AFK'ers too, I'm thinking it's easier to just do the event and get your rewards and be happy with that. Don't bother with these few players; all metas have players who probabl

I don't do it out of respect but honestly I understand them. This is the only way to get the 2nd infusion and this mission is a torture  Having to kill the same sponges 3 times ...Level 0 in term

No. The game should push players towards having fun. If you have fun with challenging content, play fractals or raids, that where they are for. Worldbosses and open world metas are not there

8 hours ago, Karaha.3290 said:

Amazing back in LS1.
And people kept/keep their rose-coloured glasses on, while demanding a comeback.
Yes back then it was amazing, but compared to nowadays' events/bosses it was way less spectacular as many think.
So your proof isn't really a proof.

This is so true. Twisted Marionette was great when it was introduced because it was new and available for a limited time. As an event it had some serious issues, I remember a lot of map chat grief, recriminations and accusations of trolling when a Power Regulator group failed. And they did. A lot.

 

I'll play Twisted Marionette, looking forward to it for nostalgia's sake but I'm not expecting to be amazed by it now. I'm hoping they fix the issues with it before they push it out. Either way, people are far more familiar with that kind of event today and today's elite specs will obliterate the minions and Champs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

This is so true. Twisted Marionette was great when it was introduced because it was new and available for a limited time. As an event it had some serious issues, I remember a lot of map chat grief, recriminations and accusations of trolling when a Power Regulator group failed. And they did. A lot.

So much this! I was on a very low population server back then (this was before they switched to megaserver), and some big event guild decided that our server was the place for them to do the event. Every night at prime time they would guest to our server with enough people to fill the map, and the handful of "natives" that tried to participate would endlessly get called out on map chat for intruding on "their" event and not following their orders (that mostly weren't even given in map chat, but just in their guild chat or voice comm or whatever favored circle they were communicating in).

 

I did get to successfully do the event several times back then, partly by guesting to one of the "big" servers early enough to actually get into the map and not just another overflow, and partly by ignoring chat and joining the event on my home server, but it's really not something that's left me with a lot of good memories. The mechanics were ok-ish, new back then but nothing extraordinary by today's standards, and the social interactions really were one of the low points of season 1.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

additionally before complaining i'd try to find out if its really leeching or not.
if the player have his alt just tagging and on his main deal twice the average dps then there is no leeching

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

 The mechanics were ok-ish, new back then but nothing extraordinary by today's standards, and the social interactions really were one of the low points of season 1.

 

Yeah, what are today's standards for world bosses? because at that time we had tequalt, the marionette, triple terror, basically the most amazing bosses when they came out.

For 3 years, what did we get?

drakkar?

claw of jormag (drizzlewood coast)?

the shatterer (jahai bluffs)?

3 uninspiring bosses  that consist of spamming 1 on one paw. I don't really see your current standard.

I find that the level has dropped drastically since the massive layoffs after POF personally. that's why I have nostalgia for these old wold bosses. Which were much more original and at least required coordination.

And let's not even talk about dragon storm ...

Edited by radda.8920
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

that's the backstab of too easy content. make content harder so if there is an afk player the event fail and makes it not rewarding to go afk 😄

So you want to punish dozens of players that participate actively and can't even influence what other players do,
just because of a few afk players?

By making this kind of change, nobody would play these events after a few weeks or even days.
Also people would use it for trolling, since it's a more or less active way to let the whole event fail.
Join a map with your alt accounts, do nothing and tadaa, you fcked up an even plus loot for 60+ players.

Edited by Karaha.3290
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Karaha.3290 said:

So you want to punish dozens of players that participate actively and can't even influence what other players do,
just because of a few afk players?

I've always been wondering why people are so intent on punishing a few players they feel wronged by, that they'd gladly punish hundreds of innocents as collateral.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 11:54 PM, Karaha.3290 said:

So you want to punish dozens of players that participate actively and can't even influence what other players do,
just because of a few afk players?

By making this kind of change, nobody would play these events after a few weeks or even days.
Also people would use it for trolling, since it's a more or less active way to let the whole event fail.
Join a map with your alt accounts, do nothing and tadaa, you fcked up an even plus loot for 60+ players.

Up to you to blacklist these players and not allow them in your next group.

having events being unfailable even by auto attacking in full kittenstrel isn't helping. The game should push players toward playing better, not worse.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2021 at 9:20 PM, Wolfb.7025 said:

I completely understand your point of view, it is annoying to be fighting while you see a crowd watching from afar.

 

But hey, i'm one of these dudes that prefers to alt tab and watch a video during the meta, I didn't do it for the gold or rewards, but for the AP that I much care to get. and anet putting these "Do this event at least 20+ times to get all achievements" doesn't help at all.

 

Now, I want you to see it from my perspective. this is a massive event, a lot of people partake in it, so it really feels like it wouldn't make much differience if I was actually hitting the healthsponges  or just afking and not putting any effort on it. This event by itself is really easy and feels like its impossible to fail as long as you have a decent number of people pressing 1 (unlike Chak Gerent).

 

Now from yet ANOTHER point of view, I also would feel really upset when i'm actually participating on the event, pulling my Raid/Fractal CM dps rotation and doing high numbers of damage while there are like 10+ rangers camping longbow and pewpewing the boss from long distance, causing Braham or Ryland to constantly leap around and forcing the whole zerg to constantly move chasing the bosses.

Rangers using 1-1-1-1 are still more useful than a player who afks. Goalpost moving is bad. I play a healbuild, maybe your "FrAcTaL rOtAtIuUuUn" would fail miserably if i didnt keep you alive. So i shouldnt get loot cause i dont deeps, right?

Afking is never justified. You may twist and turn words to fit your narrative, but at the end of the day, no. Just no.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2021 at 4:53 PM, Fangoth.4503 said:

that's the backstab of too easy content. make content harder so if there is an afk player the event fail and makes it not rewarding to go afk 😄

Yes! Lets all demand 250+ li for ow content. What could go wrong? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Voltekka.2375 said:

Yes! Lets all demand 250+ li for ow content. What could go wrong? 

 people areasking for LI only because there is a very big skill gap between player that raid and those who get the reward through minimum effort.
increase all content difficulty whether is solo/5man/10man and people will put a bit more effort to complete these event and close the skill gap making LI useless

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

Up to you to blacklist these players and not allow them in your next group.

having events being unfailable even by auto attacking in full kittenstrel isn't helping. The game should push players toward playing better, not worse.

No.
The game should push players towards having fun.

If you have fun with challenging content, play fractals or raids, that where they are for.
Worldbosses and open world metas are not there to "push players toward playing better".
These event are there for players to have fun no matter how good/bad they are.

 

If you can't accept content that doesn't require X dps and y gear from each player,
you shouldn't play open world stuff.

Edited by Karaha.3290
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Karaha.3290 said:

No.
The game should push players towards having fun.

If you have fun with challenging content, play fractals or raids, that where they are for.
Worldbosses and open world metas are not there to "push players toward playing better".
These event are there for players to have fun no matter how good/bad they are.

 

If you can't accept content that doesn't require X dps and y gear from each player,
you shouldn't play open world stuff.

i play raid and fractal and fractal and afraid it's not challenging content either.
not having a minimum of difficulty makes it not interesting to do and make people afk in it because why would they put effort in if they can just start it have a coffee with their wife/husband meanwhile.
 

  

59 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

So if I have a healing build and attune my ele to Water (so Soothing Mist is active all the time), and afk in the middle of the fight, nobody will complain, right?

no one would even notice 😂

Edited by Fangoth.4503
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as afker's don't hurt your progress, which means they can afk and don't effect you in the slightest, it doesn't really matter what other people choose to do. People afk in game all over the map all day long, do these people effect your game? no? Exactly. 

 

Making things more difficult for them, makes it more difficult for everyone including the people doing the event. Its a lose lose situation. Better to just let things be. It must be incredibly difficult to balance open world content because they cannot make it too difficult or you end up with players quitting. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

i play raid and fractal and fractal and afraid it's not challenging content either.
not having a minimum of difficulty makes it not interesting to do and make people afk in it because why would they put effort in if they can just start it have a coffee with their wife/husband meanwhile.

 

Then GW2 might be the wrong game for you.
It's not hardcore challenging game like Dark Souls.

From the pov you describe "interesting", fights is very different from what most players think/want.

Having conent that does not require too much skill, where you can drink a coffee by the way, or talk your family is a good thing.

 

You may can't see that, but that's why I say -> You might be happier with another game, GW2 seems to not fit your interests.

Edited by Karaha.3290
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Karaha.3290 said:

 

Then GW2 might be the wrong game for you.
It's not hardcore challenging game like Dark Souls.

From the pov you describe "interesting", fights is very different from what most players think/want.

Having conent that does not require too much skill, where you can drink a coffee by the way, or talk your family is a good thing.

 

You may can't see that, but that's why I say -> You might be happier with another game, GW2 seems to not fit your interests.

oh gw2 is totally fine for me, i rather have good combat pace than difficulty as any diffult things become easy when my 2 neurones start to connect 🙃
If your purpose is to have a game where you want to be able to play and be afk then don't complain if others do so. being afk in dragonstorm is totally fine by your standards.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

exactly guild wars 1 was not at all calibrated for such a low level of play So I don't see why gw2 headed for such a poor level of requested gameplay

In any case, even in open world, they can try to dose. Ok these are not raids but no need to put an army of uninteresting sponges. 

There's absolutely nothing fun doing one skill or two on stationary bosses with no mechanics ...

Edited by radda.8920
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

In any case, even in open world, they can try to dose. Ok these are not raids but no need to put an army of uninteresting sponges.

 

They tried, with Triple Trouble.
Wasn't a big success,
look at how often this event get done compared to other world bosses.

 

You have to differ between what you think what's the best for the game and what the majority actually wants.
You can talk bad about world bosses as much as you want, the reality tells the truth.
There are much more people doing world bosses like Dragonstorm actively in one event,
than people doing Triple Trouble in a day.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The idea that PUBLIC events are harder in this game to prevent leeching is absurd. If you think that's a solution to anything, you aren't paying attention to the game. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Karaha.3290 said:

 

They tried, with Triple Trouble.
Wasn't a big success,
look at how often this event get done compared to other world bosses.

 

You have to differ between what you think what's the best for the game and what the majority actually wants.
You can talk bad about world bosses as much as you want, the reality tells the truth.
There are much more people doing world bosses like Dragonstorm actively in one event,
than people doing Triple Trouble in a day.

Triple Terror was full of players in its early days, but it required too much organization for a game filled with casual players. There is a  balance I think, look at the meta event on HOT they were rather complicated especially at the beginning but yet they have a huge success, even today.

 

Dragon storm on its side has a lot of players because it gives an infusion with a ridiculous drop rate. Which will motivate people to participate for months. BUT this mission is so soporific that they will spend their time to leech.

 

No I think we need a balance between interesting mechanics and good rewards' and this is perfectly the case on hot. 

 

In terms of lore and mechanics, dragon storm is a calamity. The worst that a game can give. There is nothing surprising to see all these players standing Motionless during 15min

Edited by radda.8920
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

Triple Terror was full of players in its early days, but it required too much

 

Everything said.

 

2 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

There is a  balance I think, look at the meta event on HOT they were rather complicated especially at the beginning but yet they have a huge success, even today.

 

And still full of AFK Players. 😉

 

2 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

 

Dragon storm on its side has a lot of players because it gives an infusion with a ridiculous drop rate.

 

Just like Tarir and TD.
And like said -> also full of afk players.

 

2 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

No I think we need a balance between interesting mechanics and good rewards' and this is perfectly the case on hot. 

 

Interesting mechanics won't "protect" an event from afk players.
Nothing will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 4:21 AM, Lenny.1462 said:

Everyday i do dragonstorm i see ~5 leechers, only attacking jormag/primordus for the AP and go afk for the rest of the time. I see the SAME guys doing that over and over. A "report for leeching" option, like in gw1 PvP would be a great feature.

I see leechers at every event. It's a running theme during octovine panic talk. Fire Elemental has a whole pillar filled with people who don't do anything but take one hit at the FE to get to the steam ogre treasure. It used to bug me, but it doesn't really affect what I get out of the game, so I don't pay any attention. If they want to waste their time hanging around their computers watching other people have fun then more power to them, I guess.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Karaha.3290 said:

 

Everything said.

 

 

And still full of AFK Players. 😉

 

 

Just like Tarir and TD.
And like said -> also full of afk players.

 

 

Interesting mechanics won't "protect" an event from afk players.
Nothing will.

 

honestly i have never seen so many leechers as during dragon storm, and this since day one.

 

And to come back to the difficulty, we don't need to do something very complicated. Just full of innovative mechanics for the player to have fun.

Because dragon storm is really the absolute lack of imagination, hitting the same sponges 3 times is abominable. They have done so much better in the past, I wonder why they returned to this pitiful level during the saga (maybe the change of team during layoffs ...).

 

The question is what game do we want to see, a fascinating game that requires reflection, adaptation, coordination, innovation or to spam HP sponges  without interest in a loop ...

I quickly have the answer, I don't play a game to  spam 1 on stupid bosses, otherwise you might as well go check out a series or watch TV, it will be more fun ^^

Edited by radda.8920
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...