New pets I'd like to see. (Please add onto this, lets give em a list.) [Merged]

Thornwolf.9721

1. A crocodile, while we have drakes I want a legitament croc with a death roll, lunge with it being a bit larger and more ferocious looking. 
  2. Phoenix, going to cantha make it a thing. Use the rainbow phoenix from guild wars 1 for a source of inspiration
  3. A fungal wallow, Weird dino mole creatures from Factions. They used necromancer abilities
  4. A hydra
  5. Some of the dinosaurs from HoT like the stone head, why it never was added Ill never understand
  6. The wargs that are around everywhere, I've wanted one since launch
  7. Lurker crabs, giant crabs yes please.
  8. siege turtles, bishes love cannons after all.
  9. the mantid, big bug monsters from factions
  10. perhaps a kappa? Not sure if it would work but it could be cool.

The utility of the pets I don't really care about right at the moment, there are just animals I'd like to see. And Id like to see more semi-aquatic pets too because our underwater options are very limited. I'd love to see more pets than we got in PoF and HoT this expansion that cover several different pet species, so far we have a ton of cats and with a few outliers. Bears are worthless, as are many of the core pet species and these should be made into more combat effective creatures. The mechanic doesn't have to be as it is and the pet should be a threat, hopefully we get an elite spec that focuses on us fighting together and makes our pet the big monster that I'd like to see. While subsequently pushing them to fix the core pet mechanic/experience so we see more than the igboga and smokescale out there.
Edited by Thornwolf.9721
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really wish they would rework a lot of the core pets and make them more useful and competitive with the newer pets. 

As for new pets I would like to see some snakes added. In general, some more condi damage focused pets would be nice. And yeah, we need more underwater pets for sure.

Also, while we're at it, can we remove the pet stat penalty from Druid. No other support class in the game is unable to build a respectable hybrid damage/support build to my knowledge. I just want to be able to play a decent open world solo Druid build again. I mean hell, keep it in PvP and WvW if need be, but it is a pointless nerf in PvE.

Edited by Shaogin.2679
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

1. Mustard Bat - drains life, dazes, unstealths with ultrasonic echolocation. Needs infusions, smells nice.

2. Electric Eel - stuns, stealths, buffs swim speed, has force field. Batteries not included, hums tunes.

3. Clockwork Steampunk Marionette - anchors itself with hooks, has harpoon that pulls, drops cogs that slow attackers.  Needs replacement parts, sharpens weapons.

4. Beauty Queen Fire Fly - swarming insects, evades, blinds, mesmerizes. Sugar addict, cheerful.

5. Hairy Mole - slows, dismounts, knocks down. Shy, cuddly.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 11:34 AM, Thornwolf.9721 said:
  1. A crocodile, while we have drakes I want a legitament croc with a death roll, lunge with it being a bit larger and more ferocious looking. 
  2. Phoenix, going to cantha make it a thing. Use the rainbow phoenix from guild wars 1 for a source of inspiration
  3. A fungal wallow, Weird dino mole creatures from Factions. They used necromancer abilities
  4. A hydra
  5. Some of the dinosaurs from HoT like the stone head, why it never was added Ill never understand
  6. The wargs that are around everywhere, I've wanted one since launch
  7. Lurker crabs, giant crabs yes please.
  8. siege turtles, bishes love cannons after all.
  9. the mantid, big bug monsters from factions
  10. perhaps a kappa? Not sure if it would work but it could be cool.

The utility of the pets I don't really care about right at the moment, there are just animals I'd like to see. And Id like to see more semi-aquatic pets too because our underwater options are very limited. I'd love to see more pets than we got in PoF and HoT this expansion that cover several different pet species, so far we have a ton of cats and with a few outliers. Bears are worthless, as are many of the core pet species and these should be made into more combat effective creatures. The mechanic doesn't have to be as it is and the pet should be a threat, hopefully we get an elite spec that focuses on us fighting together and makes our pet the big monster that I'd like to see. While subsequently pushing them to fix the core pet mechanic/experience so we see more than the igboga and smokescale out there.

Bro if we get Cantha with no Luxon Siege Turtle pet, I will actually be mad about it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Bro if we get Cantha with no Luxon Siege Turtle pet, I will actually be mad about it.

We got PoF with no giant rats, dune lizards, hydras or land sharks. So I highly doubt we will get the turtle... unfortunately. 

On 6/3/2021 at 2:58 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I would expect phoenix though. It was actually in GW1.

Here is hoping its a rainbow phoenix. That thing was massive and a super cool pet; Though I'd like to see both variants Im hoping we don't see what we've seen with cats. Which we have a ton of but most of them outside of the lynx for condi-builds are relatively worthless.

I feel the issue is the Expansions should introduce more pet families/Expands ones who need it. Like we haven't had a new drake in forever and most are kinda meh. We have very few amphibious pets capable of both land and water, we have so few water pets as well the unique families (Saurian/whatever the stump and igaboga are) have yet to see new additions. The core pets need a rework, and retooling to be made viable so that there is no best in slot for pets. It should come down to flavor, but all of them should be good in combat at some level.

Right now we run into the issue of most animals/pet famlies falling behind. (Bears, cats, drakes, devourers, spooders) while birds, suarians, plants and hounds all have their uses and are all in some ways good. This is only compounded by the underwater pets (Shark, jellies, fish) all being limited to both underwater and no expansion on their biome. The land shark could of legit just been a one to one of the underwater shark to bring its toolset onland. A hydra could of been lumped into the suarian family. 

• Like 1

Hmm not sure what creature I would add, but whatever they add could they give it the following abilities

a) Allow it to rush off in completely the opposite direction when you order it to attack something 10 feet in front of you.
b) Cause it to randomly attack destroyable objects just because it decided it didn't like the way  they were looking at them
c) Make it use a sat nav route that takes it via Ulan Bator and back when all you've done is jump down from a small cliff to engage the enemy.

oh hang on.....

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dami.5046 said:

OUCH.  They were called Heroes. and henchman. 

Never slaves. FOR SHAME. 

This system doesn't make sense for ranger specifically, tho.

If heroes come back, then for all classes equally.

And it is kinda unlikely to happen, in GW1, it made sense, since the game was balanced around groups in PvE and heroes allowed you to discover the world without other players.

In GW2, the PvE is balanced for solo players with the exception of big meta events. So there is no need for heroes and henchmen to come back in the first place.

On top of this topic being misplaced in a thread about ranger pets... which are a different mechanic. My joke was aiming at bringing up heroes and henchmen (so: human followers) in a thread specifically about pets.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

This system doesn't make sense for ranger specifically, tho.

If heroes come back, then for all classes equally.

And it is kinda unlikely to happen, in GW1, it made sense, since the game was balanced around groups in PvE and heroes allowed you to discover the world without other players.

In GW2, the PvE is balanced for solo players with the exception of big meta events. So there is no need for heroes and henchmen to come back in the first place.

On top of this topic being misplaced in a thread about ranger pets... which are a different mechanic. My joke was aiming at bringing up heroes and henchmen (so: human followers) in a thread specifically about pets.

well mesmers have clones, teefs have other teefs that fight along side why can't i choose to have my ele with me or my rev? or a commander figure? It's just pixels on a screen?

But to appease you and the topic in hand i'd like a dragon. One that breaths fire.

I'm betting on:

- White tiger: They are in love with the feline achetype afterall, we got 1 new feline per extension.

- Kappa: I think it's more likely than the turtle. Also... it's been to long since they touched elementalist's shatterstone and a Kappa pet would be the perfect opportunity to remind us of this skill.

- Wyvern: because there is already a model in game so why bother creating another dragon pet model.

- Crane: Will they manage to create a playable moa? Maybe give it a supportive nature...

This give us: "tiger", "turtle", "dragon" and "pheonix"

• 4 weeks later...