A heal Mantra that heals for 800HP in 36s - good job

This is on Sage Amulet. Heal went down from roughly 4,5K to 800 HP in PvP and that speaks volumes for the quality of this patch. Worse is that several people have addressed that in the forum in the last days before. I know this is a „PvE patch“, but not being able to play an elite spec anymore that was already extremely weak until they maybe fix it - I wouldn‘t have expected that. All they had to do was to divide the original heal between the 3 charges in PvP

https://i.imgur.com/tXaQAsr.jpg

Edited by snoow.1694
  • Like 5

• GuriGashi.5617 changed the title to A heal skill that heals for 800HP, good job

ye same for mesmer mantras, 24 secs count recharge for nothing else than a short daze? lol (not to mention the deletion of the f3 reset, what is even fine i think). they didnt even make pvp adjustments... not that their "lets try to cover instead solve mechanical problems produced by narrowed pve balance with simple number tweaks in pvp" is usually that great but ofc when number tweaks can delete some overnerf issues then not even they are coming... 

Edited by JazzXman.7018

@JazzXman.7018 im actually happy that it got that mutch cd .... its so frcking hard broken in comb with all other daze skills of mes ... you got nearly perma ccd and onehsotet by conditions even if you stun brake. For me it should even get harder nerfed tho (PvP only of course)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@JazzXman.7018 im actually happy that it got that mutch cd .... its so frcking hard broken in comb with all other daze skills of mes ... you got nearly perma ccd and onehsotet by conditions even if you stun brake. For me it should even get harder nerfed tho (PvP only of course)

that you stunbreak a daze says a lot. thx for your input 🙂

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pati.2438 said:

Mes has daze on f3 (1s daze on 32s cooldown) and mantra (1s daze 24s cd). As far as utilities and shatters go, that's pretty much it.
As for weapon skills... I believe there's
- torch 5; 0.5s daze on 30s cooldown, but between the summon and the windup there's like 2-3s cast time, just move out of the way
- pistol 5 on 25s cd; hard CC and dangerous in melee range. Could use some tweaks to get a bigger tell but outside of melee it's easy to dodge
- staff 5; 0.5s daze on 35s cd
- gs5; knockback on 25s cooldown; melee range only and big animation, very easy to dodge
- Focus 4: pull on 25s cooldown, but you have to wait 1.25s before pulling

I don't know what kind of mesmer are you fighting but out of those CC only pistol allow a followup -not talking about perma CC, just any kind of followup.
The others are too short to do anything with it. Where does the perma CC come from?

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

Firebrand has been bad at PvP since last summer, at least. I don't think the changes in the patch has any value for this spec in PvP. FB has way less sustain than core or DH on top of no damage, and mantras are amongst the worst skills in the game for PvP. Still fantastic at PvE, tho.

sry for the fbs here, wasnt my plan to inc the thread with mesmer stuff 😞

32 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Mes has daze on f3 (1s daze on 32s cooldown) and mantra (1s daze 24s cd). As far as utilities and shatters go, that's pretty much it.
As for weapon skills... I believe there's
- torch 5; 0.5s daze on 30s cooldown, but between the summon and the windup there's like 2-3s cast time, just move out of the way
- pistol 5 on 25s cd; hard CC and dangerous in melee range. Could use some tweaks to get a bigger tell but outside of melee it's easy to dodge
- staff 5; 0.5s daze on 35s cd
- gs5; knockback on 25s cooldown; melee range only and big animation, very easy to dodge
- Focus 4: pull on 25s cooldown, but you have to wait 1.25s before pulling

I don't know what kind of mesmer are you fighting but out of those CC only pistol allow a followup -not talking about perma CC, just any kind of followup.
The others are too short to do anything with it. Where does the perma CC come from?

interrupt cc is only mantra and f3, everything else has a reactive castime and animation (yes pistol could have more of both since it is an overly long hard cc lock down stun) and when you get interupted by such stuff while you can instant stow and dodge for a 100% save avoidance of the itnerrupt trait proc aside from all the other counters you have vs being interupted on keyskills in keymoments (counterplay on-hit-reward-traits and -skills dont have, on hit rewards means they have big value on simple hit without the need to interupt anything for big impact), you should uninstall the game.

sry but i start to get rly triggered by stupidity these days. for ppl looking for more eduactional stuff and explanations (like what counterplay do i have facing a pb/ daze mantra mes and why interrupt focused SHORT soft cc can/ is and need to be instant): the forum, my channel and the pvp discord is full of it.  im leaving this thread now, since its for fb/ mantras and not mesmer.

mantras on both classes need cd adjustments at least tho, all i wanted to say.

Edited by JazzXman.7018

1 minute ago, JazzXman.7018 said:

sry for the fbs here, wasnt my plan to inc the thread with mesmer stuff 😞

interrupt cc is only mantra and f3, everything else has a reactive castime and animation (yes pistol could have more of both since it is an overly long hard cc lock down stun) and when you get interupted by such stuff while you can instant stow and dodge aside from all the other counters you have vs being interupted on keyskills in keymoments (counterplay on hit reward traits and skills dont have), you should uninstall the game.

sry but i start to get rly triggered by stupidity these days. for ppl looking for more eduactional stuff and explanations (like what counterplay do i have facing a pb/ daze mantra mes and why interrupt focused SHORT soft cc can/ is and need to be instant): the forum, my channel and the pvp discord is full of it.  im leaving this thread now, since its for fb/ mantras and not mesmer.

mantras on both classes need cd adjustments at least tho, all i wanted to say.

Yeah, but here I was just pointing out that mesmer has nowhere near "perma CC", you got to be snorting glue to think otherwise. Mesmers can't even combo into their own crowd controls because nothing lasts more than 1s jfc.

Sad news, but we should have expected it despite Anet pretending in their original post that Mantras were about to be buffed - I personally thought 3x 200HP would be an oversight they won‘t make. 
See you next year when Anet maybe realizes Firebrand is unplayable and drop the next Skills Patch. 

Edited by snoow.1694

14 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Yeah, but here I was just pointing out that mesmer has nowhere near "perma CC", you got to be snorting glue to think otherwise. Mesmers can't even combo into their own crowd controls because nothing lasts more than 1s jfc.

pistol and focus allow follow up bursting, even gs5 when you are fast.

but that is not relevant for the interupt playstyle since they are hard lock down cc and not interupt cc. they have a reactive casttime and animation so you never need to get interrupted by them ever since you have instant counters like stow and dodge to prevent interupt trait procs to 100% save, aside from all the other counters the interupt-need provides in addition compared to on hit reward traits/skills. also they cant even interupt skills with the gamewide average casttime of 3/4 secs since with their own reactive casttime+human reaction time+latency their cc will hit after the 3/4 secs cast is already over, so they only can interupt lucky random or inconsistent precasted on guess/ expectation vs predictable playing ppl.

since we talk about mantra cds here we talk about interrupt tool cd not about hard lock down cc cds. but yes even both together doesnt provide perma cc.

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 1

• GuriGashi.5617 changed the title to A heal Mantra that heals for 800HP in 36s - good job
1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

LoS while you heal. That's just it.

you get what he means? can you explain that to me? if he means i should try mes first or try to play vs mes first then all i can say is, that i know the interaction from both sides of the fight (means also playing vs all skill lvl pb/mantra mesmers on several different classes). i know what im talking about. and @Crozame.4098 you can either continue crying or you go and find the links to the vids i gave, where counterplay gets explained and shown ingame or you can keep getting rekt. its your choice. not that i need to care. i invested more time than i should already trying to give educational content and essays of explanations for that topic to ppl. its not my turn anymore.

oh and btw was it rly too much work to just take the "charged mantra" symbol instead the uncharged one? everytime i either do not use it bc i think its not rdy and need to be charged first or i wanna start the active recharge and waste a daze (with now 24 secs cd loool) since this mantra beauty ofc is usable without target and out of range still.

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

LoS while you heal. That's just it.

Yea, that's sort of solution to anything: LoS Necro Lich, LoS Nades, LoS pre-nerf rampage, stand on no port point to counter thief, rev, and pre-nerf trapper DH (when they can port using sword 2 right after elite trap). 

And by the way, think about the ranked maps, many LoS spots are a few distance away from the node, not to say encountering a mirage while running between nodes, or the fight is off-node (please don't say we should always fight no node....). Moreover, your argument is like mirages will stand still to let others run to LoS spots, and you seem to forget mirage has sword 3, blink, and jaunt to follow....

12 hours ago, JazzXman.7018 said:

you get what he means? can you explain that to me? if he means i should try mes first or try to play vs mes first then all i can say is, that i know the interaction from both sides of the fight (means also playing vs all skill lvl pb/mantra mesmers on several different classes). i know what im talking about. and @Crozame.4098 you can either continue crying or you go and find the links to the vids i gave, where counterplay gets explained and shown ingame or you can keep getting rekt. its your choice. not that i need to care. i invested more time than i should already trying to give educational content and essays of explanations for that topic to ppl. its not my turn anymore.

oh and btw was it rly too much work to just take the "charged mantra" symbol instead the uncharged one? everytime i either do not use it bc i think its not rdy and need to be charged first or i wanna start the active recharge and waste a daze (with now 24 secs cd loool) since this mantra beauty ofc is usable without target and out of range still.

I just explained how naive Terrorhuz's  argument is.

I am not crying, mirage is weak to +1s, and I dont have too much trouble fighting mirages. I have even fewer issues against power mirage. Just saying it is the only class that has range instant CC (2 charges) and when combine it with power block.. it is OP.... 

Edited by Crozame.4098

2 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

I am not crying, mirage is weak to +1s, and I dont have too much trouble fighting mirages. I have even fewer issues against power mirage. Just saying it is the only class that has range instant CC (2 charges) and when combine it with power block.. it is OP.... 

yes i did read your claim and just gave you places to go where you find on detail explanations why your claim is wrong and also where you can find counterplay in case you have problems with pb/mantra mesmers.

42 minutes ago, JazzXman.7018 said:

yes i did read your claim and just gave you places to go where you find on detail explanations why your claim is wrong and also where you can find counterplay in case you have problems with pb/mantra mesmers.

In fact I googled your channel, did not find the "tutorial" you refer.

50 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

In fact I googled your channel, did not find the "tutorial" you refer.

ah yes the links were put into the pb thread. i will pm them to you

and btw sry for me being a bit toxic to you before, im a bit triggered by that topic and it wasnt a rly good day yesterday to have good mood. ❤️

Edited by JazzXman.7018
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JazzXman.7018 said:

(...)

and btw sry for me being a bit toxic to you before, im a bit triggered by that topic and it wasnt a rly good day yesterday to have good mood. ❤️

Very glad to see such behaviour! It takes some effort to realise ones mistakes and even the reasoning behind it and come back like that. I was about to write an angry reply yesterday - not because you were wrong on the topic, but just because... of what you obviously also realised.

Now I am happy I didn't write anything and even more happy you showed great self-reflect. Not many people do this, and even fewer on the internet. Thumbs up from me!

Edited by Megametzler.5729
  • Thanks 1