A heal Mantra that heals for 800HP in 36s - good job

11 hours ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Yea, that's sort of solution to anything: LoS Necro Lich, LoS Nades, LoS pre-nerf rampage, stand on no port point to counter thief, rev, and pre-nerf trapper DH (when they can port using sword 2 right after elite trap). 

And by the way, think about the ranked maps, many LoS spots are a few distance away from the node, not to say encountering a mirage while running between nodes, or the fight is off-node (please don't say we should always fight no node....). Moreover, your argument is like mirages will stand still to let others run to LoS spots, and you seem to forget mirage has sword 3, blink, and jaunt to follow....

I mean... mirage can close gaps only on very short ranges. Sword3 and axe3 have 600 range and they don't work like shiro's port (which can help close a gap even when you're out of range); if you're out of range you just can't use the skill at all. TLDR: beyond 600 range you should be safe.

"But mesmer can use blink"; kitten right we can. I just burned a 24s/32s cd(either mantra or shatter) AND a 35s cooldown (blink). I invested 2 very valuable cooldowns with a grandmaster trait designed appositely for this kind of gameplay, maybe got in melee range (where as a mesmer I'm very weak; remember, light armor, no barrier, no blocks, no stab, no protection, no resustain) and managed to land an interrupt on you which fails if you're 20cm on the wrong side.

If I invest so much and successfully interrupt you, you don't drop your heal again in 4s like nothing happened. That's bs.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I mean... mirage can close gaps only on very short ranges. Sword3 and axe3 have 600 range and they don't work like shiro's port (which can help close a gap even when you're out of range); if you're out of range you just can't use the skill at all. TLDR: beyond 600 range you should be safe.

"But mesmer can use blink"; kitten right we can. I just burned a 24s/32s cd(either mantra or shatter) AND a 35s cooldown (blink). I invested 2 very valuable cooldowns with a grandmaster trait designed appositely for this kind of gameplay, maybe got in melee range (where as a mesmer I'm very weak; remember, light armor, no barrier, no blocks, no stab, no protection, no resustain) and managed to land an interrupt on you which fails if you're 20cm on the wrong side.

If I invest so much and successfully interrupt you, you don't drop your heal again in 4s like nothing happened. That's bs.

.... PB 14 sec?.....

Seriously, your argument can defend any OP stuff in the game......

Edited by Crozame.4098

13 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

.... PB 14 sec?.....

Seriously, your argument can defend any OP stuff in the game......

We just learned right now that going all in and succeeding should have exactly 0 reward. Good.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2

They should add 1/2 seconds cast time to the healing mantras.

Problem is, buffing their healing output can be dangerous, since mantras stayed instant casts.

You can cast them while stunlocked and you can't interrupt them at all.

In the history of the game, there was just 1 healing skill working the same: the original medic gyro from scrapper.

They added 1/2 seconds cast time to that skill, since it turned out that having a healing skill with absolutely no counterplay is huge. You can't do anything to prevent the heal, it will always go through.

If they add cast times to these healing mantras, just like they did back then with medic gyro, then they can safely buff the healing output.

Edited by Kodama.6453

On 5/12/2021 at 10:53 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

They should add 1/2 seconds cast time to the healing mantras.

Problem is, buffing their healing output can be dangerous, since mantras stayed instant casts.

You can cast them while stunlocked and you can't interrupt them at all.

In the history of the game, there was just 1 healing skill working the same: the original medic gyro from scrapper.

They added 1/2 seconds cast time to that skill, since it turned out that having a healing skill with absolutely no counterplay is huge. You can't do anything to prevent the heal, it will always go through.

If they add cast times to these healing mantras, just like they did back then with medic gyro, then they can safely buff the healing output.

How is it "buffing healing output" when we are requesting the same amount of heal in PvP as before the patch, meaning 4,5K divided among the three charges - the exact same amount. They indirectly nerfed the healing output of Mantra Of Solace, that was already nerfed to the ground in PvP, by another 83%.

Edited by snoow.1694
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 11:42 AM, Crozame.4098 said:

Yea, that's sort of solution to anything: LoS Necro Lich, LoS Nades, LoS pre-nerf rampage, stand on no port point to counter thief, rev, and pre-nerf trapper DH (when they can port using sword 2 right after elite trap). 

And by the way, think about the ranked maps, many LoS spots are a few distance away from the node, not to say encountering a mirage while running between nodes, or the fight is off-node (please don't say we should always fight no node....). Moreover, your argument is like mirages will stand still to let others run to LoS spots, and you seem to forget mirage has sword 3, blink, and jaunt to follow....

I just explained how naive Terrorhuz's  argument is.

I am not crying, mirage is weak to +1s, and I dont have too much trouble fighting mirages. I have even fewer issues against power mirage. Just saying it is the only class that has range instant CC (2 charges) and when combine it with power block.. it is OP.... 

A lot of people also seem to kind of ignore the fact that you have to like straight up face the target to cast mantra. It legit fails even if target is slightly off to the side. So people that are just trying to faceroll and free cast in front of the mesmer deserve to be punished tbh. 

1 hour ago, Kondor.2904 said:

A lot of people also seem to kind of ignore the fact that you have to like straight up face the target to cast mantra. It legit fails even if target is slightly off to the side. So people that are just trying to faceroll and free cast in front of the mesmer deserve to be punished tbh. 

People who do not  LoS Necro Lich, LoS Nades, LoS pre-nerf rampage, stand on no port point to counter thief, rev, and pre-nerf trapper DH (when they can port using sword 2 right after elite trap)  deserve to be punished tbh.

I mean, mirages, as I mentioned in the previous posts, is weaker to +1s compared to other classes. But in 1v1s, many classes are to punish mirages: come in, shatter, pistol daze, and then can stealth or sword ambush or jaunt or port away.