Your opinion on [Explosive Shell] ?

DanAlcedo.3281

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

What are the other stats on it? Ammo count? AoE size?

Ammo: 2

Targets: 5

Recharge: 12s (base)

Cooldown: 6s (base)

You hit only 1 target, then targets behind it in a 450 Range Cone.

If 2 targets are rights next to each other, you only hit one.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

2 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Ammo: 2

Targets: 5

Recharge: 12s (base)

Cooldown: 6s (base)

You hit only 1 target, then targets behind it in a 450 Range Cone.

If 2 targets are rights next to each other, you only hit one.

Really strange that this info wasn't in the patch notes.

Still, that damage is higher than Aimed Shot was. The base CD is higher, but still short. I assume that the cripple and vulnerability durations are the same as Aimed Shot's durations?

Not hitting two adjacent targets makes sense with how they worked the AoE though. If the second person were directly behind the other does it hit though?

I'm wondering now if you fire at someone beyond 1200 range does the AoE still activate at the end of the trajectory giving you an effective 1650 range shot?

sPvP perspective:

lol it's the same as aimed shot, just added a cone shape aoe behind it, low damage just like aimed shot.

exactly the same except the cone aoe part.

and now u lack adrenaline to burst skill so you going to spend more time on auto attack to enjoy that 10% damage buffed auto attack lol.

before u can do 4 auto attacks, which is like almost 4 seconds for one gunflame, now you need 10 attacks which is almost 9 seconds, because the full auto attack animation is 0.96 second including after cast

so u gonna have 40% less gunflame and more buffed auto attack damage lol...

oh and 10% buff damage on auto attack is tiny because AA base damage is low, so 10% on a low number is very little.

Edited by felix.2386

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Really strange that this info wasn't in the patch notes.

Still, that damage is higher than Aimed Shot was. The base CD is higher, but still short. I assume that the cripple and vulnerability durations are the same as Aimed Shot's durations?

Not hitting two adjacent targets makes sense with how they worked the AoE though. If the second person were directly behind the other does it hit though?

I'm wondering now if you fire at someone beyond 1200 range does the AoE still activate at the end of the trajectory giving you an effective 1650 range shot?

Vuln(10 stacks) and cripple still  10s and 5s .

For the second part. TO THE TEST AREA!

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

Well...

https://imgur.com/a/X9khws4 with realistic raid buffs + 25 vuln on golem (and air/fire sigils on rifle).

It does (sometimes) more damage than Gunflame. It has two hits, one is on hit and 2nd one is the aoe that is created after first hit. The damage number shown above the npc is sum up of both hits.

First impression is that is has potential.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

Well...

https://imgur.com/a/X9khws4 with realistic raid buffs + 25 vuln on golem (and air/fire sigils on rifle).

It does (sometimes) more damage than Gunflame. It has two hits, one is on hit and 2nd one is the aoe that is created after first hit. The damage number shown above the npc is sum up of both hits.

First impression is that is has potential.

Could it be that it hits twice on large hitboxes? Because i dont get double hits with it.

Edit: Yes you hit large hitboxes twice.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281

2 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

If the skill lacks the projectile combo finisher (but it's not just a tooltip issue) could it mean that it can't get reflected/deflected?

I'd say no ofc, but that would be veeeeery interesting and wouldnt mind it at all... 😈

Oh man, I reallly hope so.

Perhaps someone running away could get hit by both the AoE and the initial shot?

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Oh man, I reallly hope so.

Perhaps someone running away could get hit by both the AoE and the initial shot?

Checking on the golem myself, sometimes both attacks trigger on the single target. Ig it's rng. 

But as a skill with my current gear setup and some maxed boons (and ofc signet of ferocity from arms at 5 stacks) I can get gunflame numbers. 

Just now, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Checking on the golem myself, sometimes both attacks trigger on the single target. Ig it's rng. 

But as a skill with my current gear setup and some maxed boons (and ofc signet of ferocity from arms at 5 stacks) I can get gunflame numbers. 

mmmm mini gunflame on a 6s CD without Berserk Mode...

Seems to be unintentionally hitting twice literally exactly the same way Gunflame was before. I doubt it's intended, but that would mean the "intended" skill really sucks for a skill 3 with what seems to be a ~1.3 power mod. 

If you fiddle around with how far you are away from the target you'll find that the # of hits it does on a single target is not consistent. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765

Just now, Jzaku.9765 said:

Seems to be unintentionally hitting twice literally exactly the same way Gunflame was before. I doubt it's intended, but that would mean the "intended" skill really sucks for a skill 3 with what seems to be a ~1.3 power mod. 

Or is it more that the initial hit and the AoE both hit the same target due to however the hit boxes lined up?

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Or is it more that the initial hit and the AoE both hit the same target due to however the hit boxes lined up?

Possible, but its all semantics because Gunflame did exactly this and was quickly "fixed". How Explosive Shell is hitting twice right now does mean it's a pretty lit instant 20 vuln on a target though.