Your opinion on [Explosive Shell] ?

DanAlcedo.3281

1 minute ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Seems to be unintentionally hitting twice literally exactly the same way Gunflame was before. I doubt it's intended, but that would mean the "intended" skill really sucks for a skill 3 with what seems to be a ~1.3 power mod. 

If you fiddle around with how far you are away from the target you'll find that the # of hits it does on a single target is not consistent. 

yea, idk about pve numbers, but the number is basically the same as aimed shot without double proc,

i'm sure it is the same case for pve, the only thing that's been hyped up is the bugged double proc on large hitbox which happens 50% of the time depending on angle on player character, which will obviously be fixed within 1 week.

and the only thing different is just that its cone aoe now.

39 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Possible, but its all semantics because Gunflame did exactly this and was quickly "fixed". How Explosive Shell is hitting twice right now does mean it's a pretty lit instant 20 vuln on a target though. 

The old Decapitate worked like this though. It hit, then 'exploded' onto targets behind your target. Functionally it was just a two part attack and if hit boxes lined up right then both could hit. Gunflame was only ever 1 attack. This is a two part attack.

I suspect that if you are backpedaling/strafing or if the target is strafing/moving away from you that there is a greater likelihood of both hitboxes hitting the target.

Instant 20 vuln is a lot of vuln, but then Crushing Blow can also put 20 vuln on a target. Any burst can be traited to put 20 vuln on a target. It isn't so difficult to do.

48 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Efficacy of this skill aside, I want to complain that this skill looks so frickin boring for a skill created in 2021. Like, come on. Not even an explosion effect for the shockwave? 

yea it looks like its done in 20 mins.

• Like 2

So I've had a chance to play with it on the Aerodrome Golem and in Armstice Bastion.

1) Its more powerful in PvE than the previous Aimed Shot.

2) Its weaker than the previous Aimed Shot in Competitive.

3) That actually needs to be addressed for competitive play as it is too steep a damage reduction for a 3 slot skill. Setting the damage to PvE Aimed Shot damage levels would be fine and not OP in the slightest.

4) I consistently hit the primary target with both damage packets, and the floater got merged into one number. This says to me that it is working as intended and is not a bug. It also means it hits twice, so 2 adrenaline versus one target and up to 7 for 5 targets. Double that if Furious from Arms is taken.

5) This makes it on par with Gunflame in PvE. Cool, PvE rifle needed a boost like that.

6) This also means easy 20 vuln + cripple + traited immob for calling high value targets from the backline.

7) IF the damage on it got bumped in competitive play then rifle on the whole would be in a very good spot. Putting it at the old Aimed Shot damage levels would not turn it into a mini Gunflame, so don't be shy about demanding this.

Lastly if you feel you need more adrenaline, there are several handy traits that work well with rifle, both for Core and Berserker, that make it trivial on rifle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Explosive shell is around 500 damage tooltip in WVW/PVP. For a name like that I would have expected more since it has 1500ish tooltip in PVE 😃

There's no CC on it so it could easily be 1K tooltip in WVW/PVP instead.

Yeah, the balance team dropped the ball on this one. Even with it hitting the primary target twice the damage needs to be higher on it. The tooltip should at least read 850 in WvW/PvP. Still pretty good for setting up your team's spike though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Seen several people run explosive shell in wvw to very high success. The oneshots are quaranteed.

But never did I find a single rifle warrior with no firebrand, necro and mesmer/guard around them to mitigate the dmg. Kinda sad.

Before or after the bugfix? Full glass?