Weakest heal ever?

Chicot.3980

Congratulation anet for making the weakest heal ever!

Mantra of recovery: if below 50%HP 2620 for 20s  WOW THAT'S NICE! Wait a minute... if above 50%HP 1640 for 20s GREAT!

I know you imagine that if you use it you take restorative mantra trait that would give 1000 more HP BUT PLEASE DELETT THAT 50%HP CONDITION AND MAKE IT THAT IT ALWAYS HEAL FOR 2620.

I don't think 3620 for 20s is unbalance.

The heal itself is pretty weak, agreed.

I guess they wanted to avoid buffing the healing numbers of the healing mantra because they still kept the aspect of being instant casts, which means that they are currently the only heal skills which can't get interrupted and can even get used while stunlocked.

There was just 1 other heal skill in the history of the game which was able to do that: the original medic gyro from scrapper. Turned out that being able to use your heal skill while disabled and generally being uninterruptible when you are healing was a big deal, hence why they nerfed it by giving medic gyro a cast time.

So I would propose: to get the healing numbers of the mantras buffed, they should add a cast time to them first (1/2 seconds?). With this change, Anet doesn't have to fear that the mantra heals become too powerful by installing counterplay to healing skills which currently don't have any.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The heal itself is pretty weak, agreed.

I guess they wanted to avoid buffing the healing numbers of the healing mantra because they still kept the aspect of being instant casts, which means that they are currently the only heal skills which can't get interrupted and can even get used while stunlocked.

There was just 1 other heal skill in the history of the game which was able to do that: the original medic gyro from scrapper. Turned out that being able to use your heal skill while disabled and generally being uninterruptible when you are healing was a big deal, hence why they nerfed it by giving medic gyro a cast time.

So I would propose: to get the healing numbers of the mantras buffed, they should add a cast time to them first (1/2 seconds?). With this change, Anet doesn't have to fear that the mantra heals become too powerful by installing counterplay to healing skills which currently don't have any.

what even is a mantra at this point lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gryxis.6950 said:

It really feels like mantras lost their identity with this patch.

It was an unique mechanic to "activate" the ammunitions by preparing the mantra with a chant.

I wonder if this change was motivated by more than just making them "more user friendly".

• Like 1

To be fair, the heal mantra was never a good skill.  Ether Feast has always been the best heal on Core Mesmer with Signet being a viable side-choice for certain builds.  Mirror is kind of like the autistic little cousin that some people adore. 

2 hours ago, Jables.4659 said:

To be fair, the heal mantra was never a good skill.  Ether Feast has always been the best heal on Core Mesmer with Signet being a viable side-choice for certain builds.  Mirror is kind of like the autistic little cousin that some people adore. 

"Acquired" I might add...mirror used to be pretty good with 4s reflect on 12s CD until they nerfed it.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 3:54 AM, Gryxis.6950 said:

Basically stripped down because they "found a problem with it" where there wasn't a problem in the first place. 
This balance team is just actively "finding problems" with things which were SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO BEHAVE A CERTAIN WAY and telling the players to "trust us, it's a good change" 

• Like 2

I think the healing values are balanced based on the idea that you use the mantra trait within a full manta build. This give you both a good sustain and "ok" healing/support output.

Granted that sPvP players often complain that "supports" have to much survivability it may be a pre-emptive way to avoid mantra mesmer from getting out of hand in competitive modes.

Personally, I'm ok with the values but I'd wish ANet add a 3rd charge to the mesmer's various mantras. It would make them a lot more confortable to use.

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Personally, I'm ok with the values but I'd wish ANet add a 3rd charge to the mesmer's various mantras. It would make them a lot more confortable to use.

Unless the changes we're made because an upcomming Elite will have Mantras, it was most likely made because of Firebrands. Which is highlighted by the lack of a third charge or adjustments to the active effects. Mesmer Mantras were mostly fine conceptually even though recharging was annoying. Yes, MoD was strong... but hardly game breaking. Not saying that it's all dandy for Firebrands. Especially the change to Weighty Terms is lazy. But they might actually enjoy the so called QoL change for Mantras even though it blurred the lines between those and Shouts.

I don't like saying changes are dumb, especially it's difficult to predict the exact outcome most of the time (e.g. changes in Meta due to the condi/boon rework). But oh boy did ANet miss the mark on Mesmer Mantras and Alacrity on Mirage...

22 hours ago, Jables.4659 said:

What? It had the highest healing per second, especially when traited. And was widely used in WvW.

I cannot remember the last time I, or any mesmer I know, have used ether feast. But then again I dont play core builds.

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816