After today's patch....

anduriell.6280

yea they managed to break wvw in one patch honestly, some classes are hitting bunkers for insane amounts of damage, and there's alot of other stuff overtuned in this "balance patch", like honestly wvw was in a better state before this Patch dropped, and this patch literally managed to break almost everything.

3 minutes ago, sniperman.1738 said:

ah I see, well those exploiting it should honestly be disciplined if they are exploiting it in competitive game modes

Well, why punish the players if it's not their fault? Surely the player could say, ok, I know (or tested) the bug and that's why I don't take advantage of it. But there are many who try it, or even abuse it (nothing unusual). BUT again, it's not their fault! ANet could, as soon as they know about this bug, deactivate the rune, ...

If there were test servers in this respect (...), the problem wouldn't (probably) exist either. According to this, the live server (as known) is the test server. And the more who point out the bug, the faster ANet has to react. Let's see how long it goes until ...

*And no, I do not use or exploit it. I was affected by it myself in a game (with two scrappers) and thought "holy kitten", what's going on here. The fact that this rune is the "evil" is only known to me through the post here. 

2 minutes ago, Metzie.3012 said:

Well, why punish the players if it's not their fault? Surely the player could say, ok, I know (or tested) the bug and that's why I don't take advantage of it. But there are many who try it, or even abuse it (nothing unusual). BUT again, it's not their fault! ANet could, as soon as they know about this bug, deactivate the rune, ...

If there were test servers in this respect (...), the problem wouldn't (probably) exist either. According to this, the live server (as known) is the test server. And the more who point out the bug, the faster ANet has to react. Let's see how long it goes until ...

*And no, I do not use or exploit it. I was affected by it myself in a game (with two scrappers) and thought "holy kitten", what's going on here. The fact that this rune is the "evil" is only known to me through the post here. 

it may not be there fault but when its becomes publicly known and they choose to abuse it then yes they should be punished

Edited by sniperman.1738
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No but it seems like certain classes are doing bugged amounts of bursts, holo nades, scourge shades, zerker gs f1 etc, its kitten, u can be 20k and burst to 0 in 1 sec, it was not like that pre patch. Hey anet why arnt my thief backstabs doing 20k?

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

11 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

You are not enjoying it because you haven't learnt how to deal with necro's shroud. None of the damaging abilities included in that picture of yours have been changed from the last patch. I suggest you really read the patch notes Game updates - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

You dont seem to have read the thread since it appear rune of strength gave 125% damage instead of 5%. Not sure about the numbers but whatever - it appears Anet disabled it.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You dont seem to have read the thread since it appear rune of strength gave 125% damage instead of 5%. Not sure about the numbers but whatever - it appears Anet disabled it.

Which has been promptly disabled temporarily

16 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Which has been promptly disabled temporarily

Yes I believe I said that somewhere in my very long post.

If you are suggesting the numbers are normal thats completely impossible. According to these forums 250 damage/s burn stacks is super OP while 14k damage comes from the weakest class in the game.

• Like 5

was pretty fun zerg busting while it lasted 🤣

i would even be in for a 100% dmg increase event week and in general bringing back some dmg to wvw zergfighting.

What about making more skills 10 targets with dmg escalation on hitting 5+ ppl?

Edited by Sarlan.7682

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The brief return to the Damage meta was the most fun two hours of WvW I've had since Feb 2020. That statement includes being on the receiving end of the 125% strength rune damage.

Yeah I was hating it but had i known and was running strength rune to give what I was getting i woulda absolutely loved it. Doing the now normal potato damage vs players with seemingly post feb damage wasn't so fun lol.

59 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Yeah I was hating it but had i known and was running strength rune to give what I was getting i woulda absolutely loved it. Doing the now normal potato damage vs players with seemingly post feb damage wasn't so fun lol.

yeah, that would stink. I kind of hope that instead of fixing the rune bug, they just reduce the damage modifier to 0.5% and let it deal the increased damage per stack.

12 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Its not just wvw, holo downed me from 22k in sec in melee range with names, zerker hit 16k f1 on me and scourges are lolze broken

I wouldn't be surprised if it could do that anyway, despite the bug. Spike damage is stupid in this game, and when you're not getting spiked to nothing in one-shot, you're getting spiked, disabled and then spiked again. #CrapCombatSystem

• Haha 1