Literal hot garbage - viper 10-men alacrimage

NICENIKESHOE.7128

The changes for burn to confusion was unexpected and not in the patch note...so I decide to dust off GW2 and try it out.

Just played a bit with double staff alacrimage on FULL viper gear, probably 3rd attempt when filming

This is assuming drood/FB will keep perma regen on you, but if you have no such luck then just swap to renewing oasis which only really matters in beginning of fight

Ignore Arcdps, they haven't updated so lots of error signs and the numbers doesn't match

As you can see no shatter involved, barely have time for other skills except dodge/utility then ambush, and still hit 20k with consistent 28-32 stacks of confusion with intermittent 40 stacks of confusion so expected higher for actual bosses

Still hit pretty much full alacrity and might.

Haven't played GW2 for months and this is still probably the dumbest rotation I've done

----------edit------------

There you go, added F2.

From someone who's better at raiding. This build does 29k even without confusion ticks

Edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128
Someone wants me to add F2 to rotation
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• NICENIKESHOE.7128 changed the title to Literal hot garbage - viper 10-men alacrimage
19 minutes ago, NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

The changes for burn to confusion was unexpected and not in the patch note...so I decide to dust off GW2 and try it out.

Just played a bit with double staff alacrimage on FULL viper gear, probably 3rd attempt when filming

This is assuming drood/FB will keep perma regen on you, but if you have no such luck then just swap to renewing oasis which only really matters in beginning of fight

Ignore Arcdps, they haven't updated so lots of error signs and the numbers doesn't match

As you can see no shatter involved, barely have time for other skills except dodge/utility then ambush, and still hit 20k with consistent 28-32 stacks of confusion with intermittent 40 stacks of confusion so expected higher for actual bosses

Still hit pretty much full alacrity and might.

Haven't played GW2 for months and this is still probably the dumbest rotation I've done

we'll we complained about renegade being able to give perma alacrity to 10 with one button.  And they listened. Sort of

• Like 3

Well it's about time that Mirage got some buffs.

This still doen't work in WvW and PvP though, just in PvE, and they wanted to buff it for Raids. Mission accomplished!

And yeah, you're using an outdated ArcDPS, the numbers shown are false lol!

Just today, i got 1056 boonstrips in WvW while a boonstrip necro got 1046. Umm, yeah, totally accurate. 😅

Was fun to look at though haha!

Wait for Arc to update before recording ridiculous damage. The damage isn't that high, i tried it in PvE, it's mostly like it's been with a slight buff to the damage because of the lower cooldowns. Staff Mirage could alway do perma 25 might, that's nothing new, so that 8 stacks of might is irrelevant, especially because in raids, pretty much aver other class can do that, everyone is expected to have perma buffs on. Now Mirage can just take over for might and alacrity. It's not OP, it's not giving anyone else something they didn't already have.

Idk, besides the spammy gameplay, i think Mirage needed something like that, to be good again at something.

And i kind of like it lol, it's fun to play in open world PvE. I started with Hizen's build, but now it's mroe dynamic because of alacrity, you can use skills faser etc. Weird that they gave Mirage alacrity, but it totally does help make it feel a bit "snappier". 

I might even make this a Fractal build lol.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Looks unfun to play , maybe if you like 1 spam 😛

The confusion is great. It's the meme of the day now

Though it doesn't work like that for all bosses given confusion damage heavily dependent on attack speed. 

https://i.imgur.com/W03XC65.png

Edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128

4 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I want to say that it's an unexpected result but I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting that. 3s second alacrity on ambush skill, it was obvious that mirage would put chrono to shame.

But... but... only one Dodge?! Should be fine?! 🤣😉

If this makes Mirage lose its second Dodge in PvE... 🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, necromaniac.7629 said:

yeah i'm confused as to what he means by hot garbage, he needs to fix his rotation too and try again

I would guess by hot garbage he means the concept of the build that can maintain 10 man alacrity with 0 bd and bench 30k + avg 50 confusion stacks by mostly spamming 1 button. There's literally no rotation, the fewer buttons you press - the more dmg you deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kondor.2904 said:

I would guess by hot garbage he means the concept of the build that can maintain 10 man alacrity with 0 bd and bench 30k + avg 50 confusion stacks by mostly spamming 1 button. There's literally no rotation, the fewer buttons you press - the more dmg you deal.

So, you mean like Berserker F1 spam? I don't see a problem with this. Some Elites have harder rotations than others. If you want a hard rotation, play Chrono, problem solved. Why shouldn't Mirage be a bit brainless? I fail to see whypeople are complaining about this. We wanted Mesmer to be better - this is better. In open world, with food, i now feel like Mirage is close to other professions i play that admittedly don't have to use food to be better than Mirage and melt stuff, but IMO this is a step in the right direction.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

So, you mean like Berserker F1 spam? I don't see a problem with this. Some Elites have harder rotations than others. If you want a hard rotation, play Chrono, problem solved. Why shouldn't Mirage be a bit brainless? I fail to see whypeople are complaining about this. We wanted Mesmer to be better - this is better. In open world, with food, i now feel like Mirage is close to other professions i play that admittedly don't have to use food to be better than Mirage and melt stuff, but IMO this is a step in the right direction.

Because it's more than a bit brainless. It's the thief/revenant playstyle without the benefit of initiative/energy 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel Handler.4816 said:

Because it's more than a bit brainless. It's the thief/revenant playstyle without the benefit of initiative/energy 

Again... What's the reason it should not be brainless? There's brainless builds and there's piano bilds. Why does Mirage need to be a piano build?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kondor.2904 said:

there literally is a rotation lol, you're literally do half the damage if you do what the guy who posted this does, and and also what a contradictory definition of hot garbage lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Again... What's the reason it should not be brainless? There's brainless builds and there's piano bilds. Why does Mirage need to be a piano build?

I mean that's fair. Its just not particularly flavourful. But PvE is sort of a race so w/e. It gets the job done.

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, necromaniac.7629 said:

there literally is a rotation lol, you're literally do half the damage if you do what the guy who posted this does, and and also what a contradictory definition of hot garbage lol

This bench is not up to date, the current bench is higher and more simple. Like I said, you simply press Crystal Sands, heal, f2 and staff 4 off cd and spam 1. The more extra actions you perform, the less dmg you do. If you really call this a rotation, well, there's really not much to talk about. 

Edited by Kondor.2904
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Daniel Handler.4816 said:

I mean that's fair. Its just not particularly flavourful. But PvE is sort of a race so w/e. It gets the job done.

Yeah. And true, you do spam the ambush a lot, but there is a way to get more or less damage out of it, depending on other skills you use. I'm toying with my rotations right now, some are more effective than others, but it's hardly "brainless". Also, Mirage doesn't have a lot of CC (at least not the skills i'm using as utility), so it all kinda balances out i think.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah. And true, you do spam the ambush a lot, but there is a way to get more or less damage out of it, depending on other skills you use. I'm toying with my rotations right now, some are more effective than others, but it's hardly "brainless". Also, Mirage doesn't have a lot of CC (at least not the skills i'm using as utility), so it all kinda balances out i think.

You probably enjoy the thief/revenant playstyle more than I do. I enjoy mirage in pvp but the PvE versions that double up on weapons (axe/p+ axe/t, staff/staff) and run signets have so few active skills to be enjoyable for me. That being said this is the perfect build for open world PvE since you dont have to pay attention at all.

Edited by Daniel Handler.4816