Literal hot garbage - viper 10-men alacrimage

NICENIKESHOE.7128

9 hours ago, Kondor.2904 said:

It's still strong

You mean still op af. 0 effort 37k+ dps cairn still possible. 50k+ Sh still possible. Thats higher than most selfish dps builds while still providing 10 target might and alac. There is still no reason to run axe over staff in most situations.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

You mean still op af. 0 effort 37k+ dps cairn still possible. 50k+ Sh still possible. Thats higher than most selfish dps builds while still providing 10 target might and alac. There is still no reason to run axe over staff in most situations.

I'm thinking more about SPvP where Mesmer and Mirage have been struggling hard sunce the megabalance, in large part due to being the condi build that lost the most damage as a result of the Megabalance, with one dodge not helping at all.

10 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

It takes 2 RR condi renes for permanent alacrity. That's 1 more than alacmirage pre May 25th patch.

Traiting RR and using F4 on cd is a significant dps loss in the area of 4-5k versus the condi rene damage build. That's a total dps loss of 8-10k woth 2 RR rens. Single alacrene has to take significant amounts of boon duration for permanent alacrity (far more than solo alacmirage post May 25th change).

Soulcleave summit was severly nerfed with the May 11th patch. The buff it received today does not make up for that.

You are comparing alacmirage dps without accounting for confusion damage, which is a significant part of its damage. I'm not even sure how you believe that is a valid comparison.

You need to stop writing and do some homework on how classes behave and work in this game before returning to this thread.

"Condi DPS Renegade is providing 40-41.2K dps , while Condi Boon Renegade 37.3k granted dps  while Mirage do 37.4k on Condi DPS and 30K granted before the nerf on Staff Condi Boon plus  a variable damage that depends of how much the boss attack.  Wiki Benchmarks"

I already commented that the damage from confusion is  not included, is a plus damage that depends of how often the boss attack and also the bounces it receive.  The bounces give priority to enemies, so it can return to your target or to a second enemy if there is one in range.  So yes, i know how it works, not need to do that homework. Maybe you have not readed it. I already saw the videos with near 60k dps from the staff build. And the 80k ones with the deadeye p/d build. Those were linked not only here, also in reddit too.

I was not comparing alacmirage with  the  RR build.  I know that the RR build do 30k to share the alacrity with 10 allies and you need 2 RR for full duration. I only wrote that now that they are making the dps similar between professions without have a dedicate build that also provide boons, buffs and utilities to max all stacking them despite if those are Chronomancers, Renegades or anything else. The risk of stacking more of the same is high the more less unique you make the builds.  Do you remenber the full chonomancer raid? It was meta recently for a reason.  Hopefully renegade/revenant still doesn't  have quickness for now as Mirage didn't have alacrity until 11 may or Scrapper quickness until now.  With the trend of adding everything everywhere, we'll have to see what happens when the next specializations are added.

35 minutes ago, Zoser.7245 said:

"Condi DPS Renegade is providing 40-41.2K dps , while Condi Boon Renegade 37.3k granted dps  while Mirage do 37.4k on Condi DPS and 30K granted before the nerf on Staff Condi Boon plus  a variable damage that depends of how much the boss attack.  Wiki Benchmarks"

I already commented that the damage from confusion is  not included, is a plus damage that depends of how often the boss attack and also the bounces it receive.  The bounces give priority to enemies, so it can return to your target or to a second enemy if there is one in range.  So yes, i know how it works, not need to do that homework. Maybe you have not readed it. I already saw the videos with near 60k dps from the staff build. And the 80k ones with the deadeye p/d build. Those were linked not only here, also in reddit too.

Great, so you are aware that the damage was grossly overpowered and decided to just bring up meaningless points. I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood why you were comparing mirage damage to other classes when it was clear that its output was so much higher.

35 minutes ago, Zoser.7245 said:

I was not comparing alacmirage with  the  RR build.  I know that the RR build do 30k to share the alacrity with 10 allies and you need 2 RR for full duration. I only wrote that now that they are making the dps similar between professions without have a dedicate build that also provide boons, buffs and utilities to max all stacking them despite if those are Chronomancers, Renegades or anything else. The risk of stacking more of the same is high the more less unique you make the builds.  Do you remenber the full chonomancer raid? It was meta recently for a reason.  Hopefully renegade/revenant still doesn't  have quickness for now as Mirage didn't have alacrity until 11 may or Scrapper quickness until now.  With the trend of adding everything everywhere, we'll have to see what happens when the next specializations are added.

Oh I agree, what usually happens is that the class which is the most powerful at a given role gets stacked.

Alacmirage was grossly, and still is, more powerful than, granted limited in amount, of alacrity providing classes. Which is exactly why proficient players are complaining. 

That does not justify the 40k benchmarks on other classes, which are just as out if line, just  not as much as this one was.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Yup, and all that with 2 buttons 🗿

8 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Good to know then, was afraid than staff was back to trash to dps.

I don't mind if they rework staff to make it less braindead. But for the love of me I just want a "mage" spe playable with a Staff.
Every staff in the game are for pvp or trash.

Or, like actual mesmer or daredevil : braindead.

If it's still an usefull weapon then, I'm fine with it even if braindead, but yeah, would also love something more skill rewarding.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 4:43 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

So, you mean like Berserker F1 spam? I don't see a problem with this. Some Elites have harder rotations than others. If you want a hard rotation, play Chrono, problem solved. Why shouldn't Mirage be a bit brainless? I fail to see whypeople are complaining about this. We wanted Mesmer to be better - this is better. In open world, with food, i now feel like Mirage is close to other professions i play that admittedly don't have to use food to be better than Mirage and melt stuff, but IMO this is a step in the right direction.

Well I guess you didnt get the point of ppl complaining about mirage at this point. Why does it make sense to you to have a braindead build that literally perform less action to actually do more dmg, like almost the highest dmg? I think if the dps output of mirage is under a reasonable threshould, ppl won't have as much complaint as this about whether its simple or hard to play.

It is logical to have simpler builds do less dmg because in this case ppl can continue to discover new builds and improve their gameplay. Imaging have a class/build that literally spams a few buttons to do 50k dps, what is the point of co-existance of other classes/builds such as condi holo/weaver that require far more efforts to learn while still pulling less number than the braindead OP build?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xeon.5768 said:

Well I guess you didnt get the point of ppl complaining about mirage at this point. Why does it make sense to you to have a braindead build that literally perform less action to actually do more dmg, like almost the highest dmg? I think if the dps output of mirage is under a reasonable threshould, ppl won't have as much complaint as this about whether its simple or hard to play.

It is logical to have simpler builds do less dmg because in this case ppl can continue to discover new builds and improve their gameplay. Imaging have a class/build that literally spams a few buttons to do 50k dps, what is the point of co-existance of other classes/builds such as condi holo/weaver that require far more efforts to learn while still pulling less number than the braindead OP build?

I guess you didn't get my point either but hey at least I'm not quoting you weeks later after the fact.

Your attitude is also a bit puzzling so I'm not even going to bother responding or explaining my point again cause it'll just end up talking to a wall. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I guess you didn't get my point either but hey at least I'm not quoting you weeks later after the fact.

Your attitude is also a bit puzzling so I'm not even going to bother responding or explaining my point again cause it'll just end up talking to a wall. 🤷‍♂️

I reckon you are just simply unable to counter against these obvious facts. Good luck to your braindead play then.

• Confused 2

Just now, Veprovina.4876 said:

No, i'm just smart enough to smell a troll miles away.

But hey, you do you.

I am actually looking forward to any thoughts from a non-skilled player who enjoy the braindead play. I don't have many chances to get close to it.

7 hours ago, Xeon.5768 said:

I am actually looking forward to any thoughts from a non-skilled player who enjoy the braindead play. I don't have many chances to get close to it.

Hahahhahaha, nice bait! Calling me non skilled in hopes i get triggered and start arguing with you! Hahaha, top shelf stuff! 🤣

If you're super serious about it though - the reason someone might enjoy "braindead" gameplay is because they have disabilities in their hands or more and god forbid there should be a mesmer build that's simple. Berserker and Reaper can have simple rotations that are good damage dealers, but not mesmers. The community just won't allow for it apparently. So, are you calling people with disabilities braindead? Genuinely curious.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1