What is strike damage?

Strike damage is any direct/instant damage or more or less anything that isn't condition damage (Think normal Power based attacks).  This is simply clarification so you know these effects are not increasing "all damage" as they never did that.

Edited by Stalima.5490

Just now, Stalima.5490 said:

Strike damage is any direct/instant damage or more or less anything that isn't condition damage.

Thank you, but my question is the damage is calculated over the base damage before the crit or is calculated over the crit damage. 

If it's the same as before why to change the text. 

28 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Thank you, but my question is the damage is calculated over the base damage before the crit or is calculated over the crit damage. 

It is the same as before, it was changed because before it implied that conditions would be increased. Or for example the scrapper rune literally would not even tell you who's or what damage was reduced. ( in this case it is still very unclear too)

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Impending steam release clarification for new players plus any new players that join because of EOD expansion. They actually missed some runes.

Right now the major types of damage are strike (power), condition , and life steal (no crit).

Edited by Infusion.7149

• 1 month later...

I love the fact an engineer was used as an example in this because it would have been advantageous if so but, as usual, a wreck if not. As usual, a wreck. Meanwhile an elementalist farts and drops 8-15K in barrier. running a condi weaver build.

Edited by jniel.3581

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, anduriell.6280 said:

Does that mean the multipliers are calculated on the base damage before the crits? Is it documented anywhere?

Since no one answered this part of your question:

It makes no difference, since they are both multiplicative. The order they are applied doesn't doesn't change the final result.