GS and Axe

SoulGuardian.6203

6 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Please give the Rev a Main Hand Axe, and A Great Sword.

I love the Rev but feel that it lacks those 2 weapons.

Perhaps an offhand dagger too.

I'm all for a GS Sw/Sw power build that is actually viable dps compared to other elite specs, but that might have to mean the EoD elite spec is purely designed for power builds. 

Sadly I don't feel like it's going to be, obviously we have no word yet as to what it will be, but given the current direction Anet seems to be going with most of the rev builds is that their more of a "support" dps... so they're lower on the meters when it comes to "power builds". RR renegades sure can do a lot of dmg when coni is viable (with the recent patch a bit more now) but it still takes 2 of them to cover alac if your group doesn't have other classes bringing it. 

Personally I'd love a new power-centric Legend for the Rev, I just don't see GS being the next weapon for them, I feel like part of this is due to the location of EoD, possibly getting a Legend of Cantha which were assassin's and Ritualists. Given their affinity for making Revs a buff class more or less I could see a Rit Legend being the new Elite Spec...

Then again, not all of the Legends have necessarily fit a thematic location upon release. Glint sorta foreshadowed the season 3/4 story lines a bit with Aurene. Kalla was before Icebrood and the Charr civil war... so who knows..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

No, Rev needs a ranged power build that doesn't involve throwing a melee weapon and calling it a projectile. I want Rifles or Pistols.

Furthermore, it would be good to have a summon that can move - something like a Ranger Pet but more Revenent. E.g. A Scorpion of the Mists that can hovar without flapping its wings.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

No, Rev needs a ranged power build that doesn't involve throwing a melee weapon and calling it a projectile. I want Rifles or Pistols.

Furthermore, it would be good to have a summon that can move - something like a Ranger Pet but more Revenent. E.g. A Scorpion of the Mists that can hovar without flapping its wings.

I mean, there aren't that many good "ranged" power builds that really stay at range. I guess wvw and pvp but unless EoD has some nice updates for that I don't really consider those gamemodes. So while sb is condi, I doubt they'll add another ranged option in EoD considering they just got one in PoF. I would however support hammers across the board (excluding scrapper) be buffed a decent amount, not so much that they're meta... but also not a complete joke.

I would bet on either seeing a d/d power-centric elite spec, or another supportive build with sceptor/focus or something... iirc warrior has been the only class thus far with spellbreaker that got a new weapon in each hand? Even though it was d/d.. I could maybe see them doing that for Rev.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 5:21 PM, Clex Mix.7624 said:

I'm all for a GS Sw/Sw power build that is actually viable dps compared to other elite specs, but that might have to mean the EoD elite spec is purely designed for power builds. 

Sadly I don't feel like it's going to be, obviously we have no word yet as to what it will be, but given the current direction Anet seems to be going with most of the rev builds is that their more of a "support" dps... so they're lower on the meters when it comes to "power builds". RR renegades sure can do a lot of dmg when coni is viable (with the recent patch a bit more now) but it still takes 2 of them to cover alac if your group doesn't have other classes bringing it. 

Personally I'd love a new power-centric Legend for the Rev, I just don't see GS being the next weapon for them, I feel like part of this is due to the location of EoD, possibly getting a Legend of Cantha which were assassin's and Ritualists. Given their affinity for making Revs a buff class more or less I could see a Rit Legend being the new Elite Spec...

Then again, not all of the Legends have necessarily fit a thematic location upon release. Glint sorta foreshadowed the season 3/4 story lines a bit with Aurene. Kalla was before Icebrood and the Charr civil war... so who knows..

Shrio = assassin
Kalla= Ritualist

I dont think we will get either of those classes showcased, Rather Im hoping we get a legend unrelated to cantha. They did a lot of talk about Asgeir Dragonrender and Svanir/Jora and my bet is on one of those being the next one. Norn thematically fit for a legend involving them as their whole culture is derived from them. All of those mentioned are HUGE world shaping characters, and are worthy of the spot.

I'd prefer Svanir personally as we could use a baddie to channel for once; Could maybe have them be tragic thematically. They could totally make a "hulk" like aesthetic where the more you fight, the stronger you get until you go into a "meltdown" mode where you must expend the dark energy of the lingering jormag to keep yourself from becoming a monster. (A shapeshifter where the more you fight the more you become the nornbear)

+ They could make it a duel dagger spec, and the daggers could be "The Fangs of the Nornbear" And could be either shaped like a claw or fangs. Could be really cool especially if the final skin had the Icebrood effect of jormags blood? They could REALLY make something beastly with that concept... though I doubt they'd do it. 

Edited by Thornwolf.9721
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Shrio = assassin
Kalla= Ritualist

I dont think we will get either of those classes showcased, Rather Im hoping we get a legend unrelated to cantha. They did a lot of talk about Asgeir Dragonrender and Svanir/Jora and my bet is on one of those being the next one. Norn thematically fit for a legend involving them as their whole culture is derived from them. All of those mentioned are HUGE world shaping characters, and are worthy of the spot.

I'd prefer Svanir personally as we could use a baddie to channel for once; Could maybe have them be tragic thematically. They could totally make a "hulk" like aesthetic where the more you fight, the stronger you get until you go into a "meltdown" mode where you must expend the dark energy of the lingering jormag to keep yourself from becoming a monster. (A shapeshifter where the more you fight the more you become the nornbear)

+ They could make it a duel dagger spec, and the daggers could be "The Fangs of the Nornbear" And could be either shaped like a claw or fangs. Could be really cool especially if the final skin had the Icebrood effect of jormags blood? They could REALLY make something beastly with that concept... though I doubt they'd do it. 

I doubt they’d do any sort of shapeshifter since ursan was game wide in gw1 as well as it’s a norn niche. An “Assassin” type legend I more or less meant something that might pay homage to someone from the factions era that was more or less a melee fighter. Ritualist is more or less the class itself, doesn’t mean it can’t adopt something similar to the class or a legend.

id honestly be more surprised if they did use one of those vs maybe a Tengu legend for a power-centric build.

On 5/26/2021 at 1:36 AM, Clex Mix.7624 said:

I doubt they’d do any sort of shapeshifter since ursan was game wide in gw1 as well as it’s a norn niche. An “Assassin” type legend I more or less meant something that might pay homage to someone from the factions era that was more or less a melee fighter. Ritualist is more or less the class itself, doesn’t mean it can’t adopt something similar to the class or a legend.

id honestly be more surprised if they did use one of those vs maybe a Tengu legend for a power-centric build.

Well no norn, no play. I don't want a shiro 2.0 as he covers the assassin theme pretty well; Just means Ill stick with core and ignore it like I do renegade. Might move to a new class depending, but I doubt they'll make a single spec I like as it seems A-net hates everything I think would be cool lol

33 minutes ago, Thornwolf.9721 said:

Well no norn, no play. I don't want a shiro 2.0 as he covers the assassin theme pretty well; Just means Ill stick with core and ignore it like I do renegade. Might move to a new class depending, but I doubt they'll make a single spec I like as it seems A-net hates everything I think would be cool lol

I mean, to be fair there’s very little gameplay that really changes from core to renegade to be honest, especially as alacren. It’s still highly based around either use x for buff or y for dmg. The thing that changes the most is weapon skills, unless youre alacren.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

I mean, to be fair there’s very little gameplay that really changes from core to renegade to be honest, especially as alacren. It’s still highly based around either use x for buff or y for dmg. The thing that changes the most is weapon skills, unless youre alacren.

I just hate renegade lol. And nothing they do will get me to play it, I tried it when it came out and ditched it. Now I loathe its existence because of the fact that its everywhere; And ontop of that it likely will be the one race based legend we get (Outside of humans) so the charr got my saga AND they get a legend on my class. But my chosen race who is all about legends and so on, who has tons of them in lore can't be bothered to be included. Oh but the tree people have their messiah and the charr have they martyr, and look even the humans have shiro. Fantastic. So I guess asuran (Eh, I mean ... they don't seem like they'd care.) and the norn players get to sit out.

Cool.

Edited by Thornwolf.9721
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1